Hack & Slash - New Axes coming in Sands of Majasa Update (0.8.3)

Waiter, one Obsidian Axe please!

Hell yeah!

Not sure how to feel about no Crit Base being shown, my Werebear hopes they don’t remove Crit Axes for good

Those Chitin Claws had me excited to break my promise to myself and pull out my poison beastmaster for 8.3. Then I remembered Viper Strike is polearm only and psyched myself out. Still looking awesome.

1 Like

I know it’s a been a few months since I’ve played, but is that a new armor set as well??? Looks like a Diablo Barb to me.

1 Like

Did you read the last line on the news? You can still hope for more:

Maybe polearms are not in THIS patch, but I am sure they will rework/overhaul ALL base type weaposn at some point.

And there are not many more left. I think only 1H Maces, Polearms and Wands are left.

1 Like

Radiant axe has me wanting to do a fire sentinel now.

Hey guys, just a heads up. Values on tooltips I captured a few days ago already changed in our current build. Old images were replaced with up-to-date tooltips. So if you believe these values were a bit different a few minutes ago, you are not crazy. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welp. My 2h warpath bleed forge guard just got stronger with that amazing base type. Might make a new character for that build with the bardiche and the new warpath changes. Love that we are getting more variety for endgame base items!

They look much nicer.

Yeah I considered all those options. Again, just psyched myself out for 8.3 and can eagerly wait for 8.4 (or whenever beefy boy gets his reworks) to give it another whirl if polearms don’t make it now as well.

These look nice but I hope there are some with base crit.

Looks nice except for the Jade one. Resistance on a weapon is not what I would be looking for especially poison. Seems like it should be poison dmg or chance.

Would be neat if some weapons had 2 weapon types. Bardiche could realistically be a Polearm Axe (a polearm and an axe both).

There is a certain amount of overlap between 2-handed axes/poleaxes (a long stick with an axe on the top) & polearms (a long stick with something either spikey or slashy or both on the top).

These look great, particularly the 2-handers. I do wonder why the jade axe needs an implicit resistance though, seems to disqualify it as an offensive option right off the bat.

Not really, plus it caps your poison resist in 1 go. Having options is good.

the axes look pretty loving the new art coming this update in everything. Cant wait to tinker around <3

I can think of a lot of builds utilitzing that already as a crazy good defensive option.

If you are playing a Aura Of Decay Lich (which self-poisoning herself), using this Weapon + “less damage taken from critical strikes”, you covered 2 defensive stats with one single item, that’s pretty strong.

Just one example.

Having defensive options for weapons is not bad, just because you personally might not be as interested in using it.

Also poison resistance doesn’t look particularly usefull currently, because poison damage is not that important atm.

But from the 083 teaser and what we know so far, i could see poison damage becoming mroe important (Snakes anyone?!?!)

1 Like

Hi, can I please request when you review Blunt Weapons they can include ‘Minion Melee Damage’ affix rolls as they cannot (last I played), Axes/Swords and Polearms can

The Lucerne basetype is really strong for Manifest Armor but cannot have this roll, anyway thanks, really like the 2d art on the axes