Give me a reason to play melee in this game

Doesn’t change the fact melee is worlds apart from other builds in design and power, melee is that bad. That sentinel needs a rework. That FG is still the worst mastery. That most builds do 10+ times the damage of melee while being more tanky and having better defensive layers/utility.

I love playing a Sentinel and melee I have 6 of them (I play them to try and make them work) but I realize I’m playing a MEME in Last Epoch because EHG hates melee. Can we just get some massive buffs so they aren’t so bad please and thanks. Geez.

People need to focus on the actual problem. Melee factually is in a terrible spot in LE and if you want to play melee you are better off playing another game. All side conversations aside this is 100% the truth and why this thread exist and why people play other games. Melee is terrible and the Devs need to do better.

Great fiction, but a little short, and a bit different genre from your previous entry in the series. Unfortunately, lots of personal opinion spiced with guesswork combined with no proof providing detracts from the final product, making it a only an okay 3 min read to pass the time.
6,5/10

3 Likes

You could say that before 1.1, I agree. But not anymore, luckily. FG is definitely not the strongest, but is def also not the weakest at this point.

Apparently you don’t love playing melee so much, since you seem to be more fond of big AoE off-screen explosions, which is, you know, more of an Archer or a Mages, non-melee classes thing.

1 Like

Fine let this game stay dead (another fact) and people will play other games instead of fixing it. I don’t know why you are hell bent in your agenda to not fix the game or Class design. It’s just not appealing. Tired of your trolling it’s just not amusing.

/ignored

I do love it but it’s sooooo bad in this game. Just fix it. Melee needs exponential buffs across the board especially Sentinel. The base Sentinel tree needs a complete rework then FG mastery needs a rework. Then many skills/assives need a complete rework.

It’s still trash. I hate using that word but lets be real FG is a trash mastery. It’s not even close to a good spot. (lets be clear the best FG builds are heavily bugged and the only reason they are doing any damage) Smelters wrath is bugged, Forged weapons are bugged applying all your gear instead of just gloves.

I also don’t know what people are even arguing about. If you buffed melee 10 times they still wouldn’t be competitive. So what’s the argument? If I logged in tomorrow and melee was 5 times stronger they still be far weaker than other builds. It’s just soooooo far behind.

• Ontop of that the QoL of melee abilities is terrible. Melee in Last Epoch is atrocious. It’s very punishing and unpleasant for people who enjoy melee.

I’m not wasting anymore time in pointless arguments you either fix melee in this game or it won’t ever be a good game worth playing. Period. Last night only 3,000 people were playin LE (games dead) but yea everything is fine. The data doesn’t lie. LE needs a lot of work and Melee is one of those things. The difference in power between builds is 100 times.

On a Side note let me offer a fix for FG mastery instead of just stating the obvious fact that it’s still terrible.

Both the 2 affixes for FG Mastery don’t do anything. You don’t need Fire/Phy res you already have a ton of it. You don’t need armor when hit again you have tons of Armor nodes in the tree you already never take.

New FG Masteries

• 1% Movement speed and HP per 1,000 Armor
  • 5% More Damage per 500 armor
  • 2% Attack Speed per 1,000 Armor

Now this is a very interesting Mastery that now turns dead passives into something. This also makes dead talents something of value in builds. You also have a reason to now go past armor cap or to get high armor because of the Mastery.

This is how you fix FG with the changes I suggested.

PS - The thornmail node should give 5 reflect damage per 100 armor. Not % armor this node has no scaling for interesting builds.

1 Like

Not trying to argue with you, just tossing out an alternate take. I think the melee FG should be the more you hit me, the more I hurt you. I just think that makes sense thematically. Dude is Hephaestus. Beating on him makes him tougher, thorny, hotter and it builds the numbers on his big slam.

I like the idea that the more armor he has, the more something based upon passive he gets. I just don’t think that movement speed is something in the FG passive tree (maybe sentinel tree though).

Would love to see passives and skill nodes that increase health regen, endurance/endurance threshold, dot avoidance, crit avoidance based upon armor. Make the FG the tough sob.

And skill nodes that convert damage taken into damage, thorns, or a fire aura.

But honestly I don’t think any of that is happening because I think EHG thinks of the FG as the Sentinel pet class and they want pets to be a part of the mastery concept.

3 Likes

You know how in multiplayer pvp games there’s always that guy that keeps yapping because he’s angry he got owned? But nobody listens to him, and everyone just laughs at them?

This reminds me of those guys. But we don’t have pvp, so AbombDaChamp is kinda the worse version of that?

Anyway…

When you feel like providing proof about your statements, and when you feel like listening to what others have to say about it, maybe someone will take you seriously.

1 Like

I don’t mind discussions on how we fix melee and FG. Just as long as we are on the same page of Melee and FG needs massive reworks.

The problem is though that doesn’t currently happen. They have no damage scaling and most of thier passives are dead choices. You aren’t taking more armor nodes because they don’t help. If you change the mastery like I suggested you can then become a defensive juggernaught and scale your defense to scale your offense. (this is interesting design)

Well Pally has 12% movement node at the end of their tree and their Mastery is great for damage while also getting Holy aura again a lot of damage/defensives. Adding QoL to FG is exactly what the mastery needs to become an interesting choice compared with Pally and VK which have tons of movement options.

I mean the real issue is QoL of FG melee and damage after becoming defensively strong. Once your tough how do you do damage? You need to be able to scale both defensives and damage like other builds to make FG viable or appealing choice.

• FG has no scaling at all currently and the current Mastery does nothing for ANY builds.

None of this really helps FG or helps build diversity or the issues with dead passives, skills and items. If EHG does what I suggested so many build options open up. So many items now become interesting. Talents like shield throw which adds armor on richochet now scales damage and QoL.

You now look at bonus Armor stats or Armor nodes in FG as something that adds to your build. You would have a ton of build divesity.

I hope not. I hope they look at FG as something that can be both a Melee and Ranged Class especially with Shield throw.

Yeah, better not. We all know he has a quick trigger on the ignore button. Though at this rate he’ll soon be arguing with himself and those that say the same things, so he’s just creating an echo box :rofl:

I’m pretty sure he did ignore you (I did warn you) already. He just wants yes-men to reply to him, nothing else.

2 Likes

I know, but his decision is not important :smiley:

It’s important to react when someone is spreading lies, even if said person ignores you, because the other readers will still see your posts, and then they can make their own judgement about his statements.

3 Likes

Martial based builds are hard to do. Talking as a conq player in titan quest and soilder in grimdawn. But they can be done well. The devs of LE could just copy from a book that works.

1: make both multi strike and shield strike into full triggers [no longer can be direct casted] when using your masteries [Rclick]. Eg: paladin with smite / Vsmite.

2: give all martial skills the aoe tag and make their size scale with physical damage, strength and %increased movespeed. This way you dont need to be passionatly making out with the boss face to face to do damage.

3: GIVE all of them base line passives for glancing blow chance or parry. As currently i believe i only seen it on weapons. Giving them a natural health boost is also a good idea.

4: Make a new sword type that adds 40% of your max health as endurance threshold but reduces a couple of your other stats.

5: add warbanner and stop trying to be original.

1 Like

You have some interesting ideas but you would have to make it Class specific so that way OP Classes don’t become more OP.

This is also a problem with buffing HP which translates to Ward. We don’t want Ward to become stronger. Which is why I suggested that HP affixes are double if you don’t use Ward.

These are the types of discussions we want in the thread though. The people saying Sentinel or Melee are fine are just literally trolling the thread and gaslighting. Lets fix Melee and Sentinel. Please and thanks.

This is another big issue with Melee. EHG designs Boss mechanics and creatures for Ranged classes. Take Abberoth who puts tons of Aoe on the ground next to him. He also hops back all the time when you are melee meaning you have low uptime on damage.

These mechanics are Anti-melee. So EHG needs to remove these mechanics or make some big Melee changes. Maybe both.

1 Like

standing in one spot using one ability for an entire boss fight is even less fun than dying repeatedly

Can I get feedback on this please.

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/B5N6NK3o

Oh I get it now!
It’s only fun when you “sit back and ignore half the mechanics” on your necro, but it’s not fun when I do that on my mage, therefore it’s also not fun when a melee player does that. Is that what you’re trying to say here?

That’s not how logic works, try again.

1 Like

You should open your own thread for that.

Also, if you provide more details on what are your intentions and expectancy with your character, I’m sure @Psojed will be happy to help, he’s the guy you’re looking for :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m more just interested making a compitent build while having fun. The nature of arpg usually don’t hit with me. I didn’t like grim dawn or poe. Diablo 4 had moments. LE finally makes sense. I’m playing HC, something I wouldn’t usually do. The idea of making builds is daunting and I dislike guides. I’ve already learnt so much by not mixing melee and throw damage. I visioned making a Cpt America style, mixing fighting styles. Obviously I didn’t realise that wouldn’t work.

this game melee is gg

I’m starting to think that my shield throw doesn’t have good enough single target damage. And when specing into shorter cooldown, I lose ricochet, which loses its wave clear. What synergies with shield throw?

1 Like