Gender locked classes? Really? Refund

Mama told me if i got nothing good to say then don’t.

So how is everyone doing today? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Weren’t you the one who said that women generally want to play female characters?
Just because i’m a woman doesn’t mean i want to play a female character. The logic doesn’t work for everyone.

I don’t like high-pitched voices. It’s not cute, it’s annoying. Female characters often run as if they urgently need to go to the toilet or walk as if they are on a catwalk. The hip swing is sometimes just ridiculous.
The difference between an adult female character and a minor character is sometimes non-existent. I don’t want to play as a young little girl. I’m an adult, and if i wanted to have kids around i’d make some or something.

In MMORPGs you have the “boob bonus”, which means you get treated differently and usually more kindly. To be honest, i find that part interesting and often think to myself that men certainly don’t have it easy.

Anyway, back to LE. I would love to shut the rogue up. She’s annoying as hell. The acolyte is okay, i think. I play the paladin most of the time.

So i’m a female and prefer male characters.

btw, I learned here on the forums that it’s “gay” to play your own gender because you “stare at your own ass” all the time. isn’t that funny? ^^

some people are just sad and need to complain about any think these days.

1 Like

I don’t like high pitched, cutsie voices and “chest” sliders either. I find the two females we have in LE quite adequate, and extremely well done, they have sensible voices, nothing over sexualised at all. Not keen on the weird head throwing back of our goth girl, but hey ho she’s a weirdo anyway. I take no notice at all of the juvenile comments from obviously juvenile people. So what the “don’t care” (they do definitely) people say is irrelevant. So I’m a female and prefer female characters (minus high heels, large boobs and cutsie voices).

3 Likes

While I don’t share your reasoning, I wish there were more options for physical customization of my character.

Character customization is one of my favorite things in ANY game, including ARPGs.

-I am enjoying the game anyway because I can appreciate the time and work spent in skill customization, etc, not being able to customize even the physical appearance of my character was the biggest deterrent to me about this game.

You are absolutely right though about “should have done research before buying”. I knew what I was in for, decided to try it anyway. I like the game (although looking forward to some wrinkles being ironed out), if you NEED/MUST HAVE control of your character appearance----yeah, you should research ahead of time.

Nope, it was in the base game.

Glad to see you’ve done a cursory search for this.

It can’t, the Scion is the Scion. While it can have certain aspects of any class, the other classes will always be better at that than the Scion as the Scion is more generalised.

Ah yes, the pissing contest of problems. X isn’t important to me, so if it’s important to you then yoyr life is clearly too easy! So, using that logic, because someone I cared about had significant mental health issues and was in & out of hospital (proper secure psychiatric wards where you aren’t allowed to bring in belts, laces & plastic bags) my problems are unimportant & I shouldn’t complain about them?

It wasn’t, it was available in the base game as well.

Said absolutely every generation ever over the course of the entire history of humanity. It will ever be thus, the older generations despairing over the younger.

You can have mine if you want.

Heresy!

1 Like

The Ascendancy is different, I agree, but class wise I can go whichever way it suits, and funnily enough…it works :slight_smile: But then, I’m not a min maxer, I’m in it to enjoy playing, I guess, therein lies the difference.

1 Like

As long as you’re enjoying the game, nothing else really matters tbh.

2 Likes

tbh it hardly ever bothers you when you have armor on and also if you like the game and dont mind sparring 10 bucks extra you can just buy an cosmetics to hide your character lol. this was the first game I ever bought cosmetics and it feels like i’m playing a male with a rogue chararcter lol (the characters gender wasnt the reason for my purchase, the game is just that good)

You’re asking the devs to double the amount of work to make the armors and assets fit
( maybe a lot less if they do it in an extremely lazy way. )
If they do manage it one day, awesome. Id rather have new characters/classes.

I am not quite sure who is seeking for attention here. The OP at least was writing about the game. You however are writing about the OP.

1 Like

Funny, I think the rogue is the class with the best voice/phrases. Particularly this dirty laughing, I love it.
I play a palading too most of the time and think his phrases are boring in comparison.

Trololol. Every aRPG in existence barring D4: welp, bai!

i agree with you. this is actually one of the worst aspects of the game (not related to gameplay)
we should be able to customize our gender, face, body etc. would make the game alot more enjoyable as an rpg.

im a woman and i want to play as a female primalist. does that mean i hate men? no obviously. it just means i like to play as myself in games.

1 Like

Yeah, but you’re still playing a male Primalist right?

I just never have encountered someone willing to give up an entire game worth of fun simply because the character wasn’t fully customizable to their liking. At least not without some serious underlying issues.

Personally, I feel the game is missing a more muscular female character as well, just not D4 bulky levels (think more Nicole Coenen level, if we’re talking Primalist :smiley: ) and am dissapointed they went with the “man = strong dude or old wise man” tropes, but that doesn’t make me wonna refund the game though.

I mean, maybe I’m just an old fart and remember the days when even ARPGs just had 0 choice and even more story driven games like DnD-type ones had like barely a few heads and maybe a secondary body type to pick, but an entire group of dudes all refusing to play game to the point of demanding refunds because they must play as a woman in certain classes? That screams severe personal issues to me.

So recap: customization good, tantrum over it, not good!

Ugh I can’t believe I have to play as a fat male Italian plumber when I am not, myself, a fat male Italian plumber, nor am I attracted to fat male Italian plumbers. This game sucks, 0 stars, refunded.

it cant be much worse than moving a couple dots in unity and muting the voicelines for the new genders. add the voices later when it suits EHG.

or just keep it this way and sell less mtxs/lose potential new players.
not my problem tbh heh

This is, so far, the biggest example for “tell me you don’t know how programming or 3D modelling works without telling me you don’t know…”.
They haven’t yet finished making all the animations for the models we do have, because it’s not an easy task, requiring lots of hours of work. But yeah, I’m sure you’re right and it’s just “moving dots in unity”. I can’t wait to see the game you’re making. It’s so easy that I expect it will be released in the next few days.

1 Like

I also prefer to play as my gender BUT honestly? For ARPGs like this, it’s mostly out of habit. Looking back, the truth is that it didn’t have an impact on my gaming experience…

Maybe it was fun for character creation, but at the end of the day ARPG avatars are just these tiny heavily armored toy soldiers on your screen. Due to the nature of the game, I’m not color/style coordinating my armor because so much of these games are about gear upgrades. I am pretty sure I couldn’t even tell you what my current character looks like and I can guarantee it isn’t fashionable.

Tbh, after dumping enough time into Monster Hunter games and MMO fashion endgames I’ve learned that nobody except me even cares, so a game has to have a robust, accessible (read: not paid extras) fashion endgame to make it worth spending the time to look cool (and by extension, care at all about the gender of my avatar). It ain’t something I expect from an ARPG. If I’m really desperate to pretend my avatar is female, just give me some full body armor and a helmet and call it a day. I’d much rather have devs for this kind of game focus on balancing and skills and gameplay loop shit than pour time and money into an aspect of the game I probably won’t even utilize (and haven’t even bothered with in other ARPGs) due to how the loot system functions coupled with the aesthetic aspect being tied to real money.

TL;DR: I like playing as my gender and I am a sucker for fashion endgames, but from personal experience, I haven’t actually utilized or cared about this aspect in ARPGs. IMO devs made the right call to deprioritize it if they had limited dev bandwidth.