Gear Farming Needs to Change

Up until now I’ve loved this game. However, I’ve hit a wall in a number of ways. Played four builds extensively and decided to push on one. Got all the gear I need to start and make the build and progressed until corruption 200. I then created a bunch of legendary items and was able to go past 500. Found 450 to be a good farming spot. There was one timeline where I could potentially get upgrades for 5 of my pieces. Used prophecies and did everything I knew to do to get some LP upgrades. After farming this monolith for 4 days at leasrt 10 hours a day I’m exactly where I started. Not a singel upgrade. Plently of drops but could not get one LP upgrade (1 or 2) on any of the five pieces. That’s 40 hours of farming for nothing. My gear didn’t change, my corruption is the same (can’t go higher because can’t get better gear). I got some exalted items with affixes I could try to put on legendaries if I ever got any upgrades. Honestly, I’m tired of farming this same spot for nothing. This needs to change. Here are some suggestions:

1. Increase the chance of each LP level. It’s too difficult to get LP2. Forget about 3 or 4. Even with the higher LP levels people will still want to farm gear to get higher rolls.

2. Make it more conducive for players to play together. I did most of my farming solo. My friends either couldn’t handle the corruption or needed to farm a different monolith for their own gear. Plus, by using my map they couldn’t increase corruption on their own. They would struggle to help out with a higher corruption, but got no benefit from participating. Come up with some more incentives for people to play together.

3. For CoF make it easier for people to trade gear. You have to play forever now to get a drop to allow you to trade LP uniques with a friend. So they are not incentivized to play together and if they do it takes forever for them to trade the good stuff.

This is my biggest issue with the game. I love the diversity of builds and developing a character, but the lengthy gear farming for no benefit will end up being a deal killer.

Karpo

7 Likes

This is the problem with a game like this, though the scaling is not as harsh as some of the others in the genre. But yeah once the corruption starts getting higher and higher if you and your partner aren’t sufficiently geared its difficult.

The solution for this was to provide different extrinsic rewards for playing a particular mode or area. But things get a bit sticky there. A lot of the main content it reused for Mono’s and the only real extrinsic rewards are items and maybe blessings if you don’t have all the ones you want.

I find this happens a lot in games where the ceiling is high and the lesser content is pointless once you’ve moved past it. And it’s not something that’s easily resolved unfortunately. I think about it often.

1 Like

If ur playing together. U can just gift the item to ur buddy. U do not need the resonces.

Only time u would need one. Is if that item dropped when ur not in a group with them or not in the same zone when it dropped.

1 Like

What planet are you playing on? People are drowning in LP2 right now.

First time poster complaining about getting Legendaries should just be an automatic BINGO! at this point.

5 Likes

I have 437 hours played since launch. I also have a PhD in matematical statistics, which means I can do math. Please read the OP again. I played 40 hours and did not get one LP2+ drop of the gear I need. Three of the pieces drop from either the monolith boss or the echo boss. There are data available that tell you the chance of the item dropping and the chance of each LP level occurring. With basic math skills you can determine the probablity of the item you want dropping with LP2+. For the three boss items my chances are less than 3%. That’s 3% of boss kills, not echos, and it includes the CoF benefits regarding LP drops.

I have 10 tabs of uniques, many of which are LP2+. The particular items I need are not as rare drops as these. Because I am a first-time poster and only post when I think there is a real game issue, doesn’t mean I don’t know that of which I speak. Next time you criticize someone please make sure you have a clue regarding their post. Thanks.

Karpo

5 Likes

2LP for one item is not 2LP for another item. This is balanced on a individual item basis.

You should name some specific examples where you feel that 2LP is too hard to get.

From the sound of it, it sounds like the items you want are boss items or otherwise very rare items.

There are some items that are already very strong and endgame viable as they are and even 1LP can already be considered luxury.

Not every item is meant to be reliably farmable with high LP. Just because 2, 3 or 4Lp does theoretically exists for some of these items doesn’t make them realistically obtainable.

In this community it is forbidden to criticise the game. I am sorry for your experience and hope that a developer has a chance to read your post, research it and if required balance the game accordingly.

3 Likes

Some people play for hundreds of hours before posting on the forums, Others post every 5 minutes.
Having only one post does not make their complaint any less relevant than someone who has hundreds.

5 Likes

Cof doesnt affect boss drops.

Mathematical statistics are the best kind of statistics.

1 Like

I understrand and agree with everything you posted. Here are the items I spent 40 hours trying to upgrade and some anecdotal data:

1. Frostbite Shackles (Boss, Rare, LP 74) - few LP0, 4 LP1, ) 0 LP2+
  2. Last Steps of the Living (Boss, Common, LP 70) - Couple LP0, 11 LP1, 0 LP2+
  3. Shattered Chains (Echo Boss, Corruption and Distance from Center, LP 70) - 0 drops
  4. Exsanguinous (Random, Rare, LP 35) - 3 LP1, 0 LP2+
  5. Oceareon (Random, Very Rare, LP 74) - 0 drops

These are my approximate results from 40 hours of grinding. Zero unique upgrades and some decent exalts. Full disclosure, I did not have a ton of prophecies for the random drops as I had recently switched factions and back.

Considering the five pieces, my drops seems fairly consistent with what you would expect based on the available data. My point was that after 40 hours of grinding, zero upgrades was a bit disheartening. Even if i had gotten one LP2 piece the chances of my getting the exact statistics I want on it is approximately 15%. Not great odds. This is the reason I feel they should up the chance of getting higher LP. I don’t mind grinding, it’s the nature of these games, but I’d like to get some upgrades every so often.

Karpo

4 Likes

It says uniques are twice as likely to have legendary potential. If that’s not true for boss uniques then it drops to 1.5% of boss kills, which is a lot worse.

Karpo

3 Likes

That doesnt affect boss drops. Nothing in CoF does

That affects world drops for lp

Not meaning to criticize. It’s the feedback and suggestions forum, and I was trying to offer up some ideas I feel will help the game’s audience grow.

Karpo

Not doubting you, but that only makes matters worse.

Karpo

1 Like

It does i agree. Which is why players have brought up CoF not affecting boss drops.

Some sort of rank even prophecies to help boost boss drop chance perhaps. Like a prophecy that say gives 15% chance or something

The probelm with this is, that the quality of the time spent farming heavily varies based on the applied strategy.

From all of the uniques you listed the only ones that are reliably target farmable (with 2LP) within 40 hour of playtime are Last Step of the Living and Exsanguinous.

All the other ones are not, even with very good strategies.

Exsanguinous and Last Step of the Living are even so easy that I would make the argument that you can get them in 3LP within 40 hours with the right strategies.

2LP Exsanguinous is very easy to get. Especially compared to all the other ones.

What is your stragey, how do you farm? How do you uncover and farm the echo web? What corruption level are you farming? What do you do with Vessels of Memory/Chaos?
Did you use economy Blessings for the random drop uniques? (e.G. %inc. unique drop rate and %inc. Ring/Body Armor drop rate)

I will provide my target-farming strategy. Any constructive feedback is welcome. I know some people have been playing LE for a long time and are far more knowledgeable than I.

1. Given my current gear I found the most efficient corruption for me to farm is 450.
  2. My basic strategy is to get as far away from the starting point as quickly as possible.
  3. I want to get to the echo boss as quickly as possible as I’d love to get a Shattered Chains with at least LP1.
  4. I bascially head towards the objective and kill whatever easy mobs I can along the way. I don’t focus too much on filling the kill bar.
  5. Unless it’s a great map I don’t use Vessels of Memory because it resets the map and delays me kiling the echo boss.
  6. I don’t see too many Vessels of Chaos, but I use them when I’ve uncovered a decent part of the map and there no echos available that will have a significant impact on me farming the gear I want.
  7. I have the uniques, daggers, and body armour Blessings.
  8. I prioritize prophecies for daggers, body armour, and rings, in that order.
  9. As they tend to take longer than others, I try to avoid Arena echoes.
  10. If I am close to spawning the timeline boss when I’m ready for the echo boss I will always run the echo boss first, then the timeline boss, then reset the corruption to 450 or so.

As far as Exsanguinous goes I already had two LP2s. Just none dropping during the 40-hour session. As for Last Steps of the Living I’ve had a lot of drops, but almost all of them are LP1, no LP2s.

Again, open to any suggestions.

Karpo

2 Likes

I was just about to write a feedback post on my experience progressing via both CoF and MG. I’m having similar issues, not getting an upgrade in ages. I actually had more LP3 in MG than in CoF. I had swapped back to CoF since MG trading is so clunky that I rather play the game than running around from vendor to vendor and taking forever to price an item. Having to equip an item I want to sell, in order to be able to see th stats while pricing is terrible. Some builds use +skills items and if u take it off u have to reassign them and figure out which point it took out.
I’ve been looking for a T7 Spell+Mana cost reduction on a Scepter for ages. I added it to all my loot filters when playing other classes and I’ve been looking for it since the game launch as it was my 1st character I made on Launch. I have 450h played (150 in Beta), so in lets say 250h played, I’ve never seen this T7 Affix. I’m about to hit Rank 10 just now in CoF, so that should double my prophecies farming. Maybe it will happen.
As you mentioned, it gets boring farming for days/weeks and no uprgades. There should be some changes her otherwise spamming monos for no rewards will lead ppl to quit. I may be more patient than others, because I think this game has huge poitential.
P.S - My keyboard’s letter E starting to malfunction. Sorry if there are some E missing :smiley:

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Criticism that’s nothing more than “I want to get the best loot easier” but pretending not to be isn’t valid, and shouldn’t be treated like it is.