Gathering Storm and Tempest Strike Rework | Coming to Last Epoch, Feb 21st

Yeah it could go either way now but I hope it keeps it.

I’ll mess around with my kinda maxed Lightning spellbear before patch, its bearly(pun intended) downing T4 bosses hopefully doesn’t see nerfs.

exactly…they nerfed defense imao…

I was wondering if we could fit the skill to swarmblade form.
Trying to figure out what skill tree to give up for it, if serpent strike, we lose a huge defense for the build, free dodge while face hitting mobs.

If spriggan companion, we loose base CRIT chance which is huge, and also 72% CRIT avoidance.

I still don’t see clearly how to fit it in the lightning bug.
But I’m excited with the possibilities and to try them out.

This looks amazing — little bummed that it costs mana now, but really looking forward to picking up my shaman again.

The graphic update is so good. Can’t wait for release!

1 Like

Finally, true lightning bear is coming! :zap: :bear: :zap:

This looks amazing!!!

On a side-note, some browsers block automatic video playback, such as firefox.
I can still right-click the videos and play them, but it would be a nice UI improvement to display an overlay “play button” on them when they are stopped :slight_smile:

Dang nabbit! Primalist has already been my favorite I was excited to shake it up with falconer. Now I have a hard decision ahead of me

It says above:

It’s also worth noting that old references to the “Lightning” ability in the Shaman Passive tree, and some of the other abilities, have been changed to Storm Bolt.

So this could mean that lightning from maelstrom and tornado could benefit from the new skill tree.

So you would have to replace it with the companion and make it work somehow.

1 Like

Why no new skill can be used as Spirggan.
At Now Spriggan can only:

• Cast totem (posion)
  • Machinegun
  • Armoured Shielded bear

Let the new skill interact with Spriggan

I love trigger nodes. I think they make builds super unique.

This change makes Spriggan Form loose its only possible last skill with ice thorn → thorn barrier when hit.

There is no other synergy/replacement skill for totem players?

https://i.imgur.com/LG7bKY5.png

These changes are definitely welcoming! I’ve been wanting a good mixture between elemental nature magic with some minions and transformation and it seems like Shaman is really focusing on a good balance between all of them. Looking forward to it!

I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it
I’m about to lose control, and I think I like it

I have over a thousand hours of play as a shaman. I’m a complete fanboy of this class. I suffered for a long time because the shaman class was deprived of attention and changes since its introduction. And now, this post is like a balm for my sick soul. I really hope I can apply these changes to my favorite Storm Totem. Thank you very much for the news!

can someone elaborate, what these changes brings… is it only about those 2 skills Ice Thorns and Tempest strike, or there will be passive changes as well. Is there a chance that other skills of shaman tree will suffer after those changes… for example the build from MinMaxRpg Frost Shaman… And most importantly when we will see this changes in epoch planner… (hopefully before the release)

This is exciting, but I’m ignorant and afraid that the shaman doesn’t have enough survival to play as a melee char. I really want to play with Maelstrom and Tempest Strike in melee range, but previously I’ve found the shaman pretty squishy. Anyone else have concerns there?

Ty for the clarification :slight_smile: I misunderstood because they have closely the same name haha

Is Marrow Shards getting an update too? It’s still very outdated and still has 6-7-pointer nodes. Also since it’s gonna be in use for Warlock’s Ghostflame tree so I was kinda expecting it to have some rework.