Game Freezes and Crashes when clicking the "play" button

Padrin last epoch crash logs.zip (28.9 KB)

Hi, here are my files for further analysis. Hope it can help pinpoint some problems.
Cheers,
P.

Any useful info/updates? I have since tried the game on an entirely different SSD as well with no change. I think I’ve exhausted every option besides getting an entirely new PC.

Yes I have news!!
New patch “g”.
Same results.

Yeah I know it was targeting the more pressing login authentication issues, but it didn’t magically solve this issue. Sounds like they’re still investigating though, so just crossing fingers they can figure it out.

Last Epoch play button logs.zip (36.2 KB)

I am having the same issue.

Bought the game during this winter steam sale.

I am not having this issue on another computer and that one does not even meet the minimum requirements for the game because its a laptop with no dedicated graphics card (Dell XPS 15).

I click play and the game freezes but after a while ( 4 -5 mins ) it will go straight into character selection.

And my crash folder is empty.

Hooray !!!
I was finally able to play the game. I have just waited few minutes and eventually the character selection screen appears.
I played a little and everything was fine.

So I guess it could be the same for some other peeps in that posts. Just a wait a bit and see how it goes.

I have the same issue. Played a total of 85 hours, no problem. Closed the game yesterday, opened it today morning and having the same problem since then. Tried everything mentioned in here and nothing on my system changed over night. Now I have to wait for 4.2 minutes after pressing play before the char selection screen shows up. This it not a ‘huge’ problem, guess i will make me a coffee for the time being, but I would really like to know what causes this issue…

Something new happened this morning when I relaunched the game. The character selection screen appeared instantly. To my knowledge nothing changed with my config between yesterday and this morning.
So maybe a problem reading the saved character files.
Anyway, it’s good to be able to play the game again. Hope it will be fixed for other players as well.
Have a good day !

Yeah! Launched the game today and no freeze this time!
Launched the game as soon as the pc booted so almost nothing else was running.

Unfortunately not for most of us having the issue as the game physically crashes with the Unity error pop-up appearing, so there’s nothing to wait to let load. Going on a month now with this issue and very little communication about it. Quite concerned.

Just like Padrin and Takos, the game worked perfektly for 5 Days, character selection appeared instantly until now. 3 Minutes now befor I can chose my char… :confused:

I was having this same problem and I found a solution that worked for me. If you use Nvidia. Go to desktop, right click, control panel, search for Last Epoc and remove from settings.

If you mean removing a profile for it in 3D Settings > Program Settings then your issue was different and perhaps involved a setting that LE didn’t like, but that’s strange. I don’t have a specific profile for LE in the control panel nor the profile inspector. I have also tried tweaking a few global settings that could cause issues (e.g. G-sync) with no success.

Edit: Also happy belated one month anniversary of the issue.

There, but was LE instead of GD.

Right, that’s what I referenced in my message with 3D Settings > Program Settings. This will not be a fix for 99.9% of people and will only be a fix if one of the specific settings in that profile is majorly messing with the game. If that’s the case, then it’s still the game’s fault and not Nvidia/the user. Using the base settings on that screen, you should not be able to crash a game. Using the more advanced profile inspector is another story, but most people don’t even know what that is.

Well, that was a temporary solution. Problem has returned.

I have that exact some problem as well right now. Two days ago when I was playing the last time, it worked flawlessly. Now the game freezes and the Windows message “Application doesn’t respond…” does appear when I click play. But if I wait a couple of minutes I get to the character selection.
So, I suspect that’s a server issue because nothing has changed on my end in the last two days.

Již měsíc se potýkám s tímto problémem, po kliknutí na play hra spadne. Po poslední patchi už se nedostanu ani do hry, spadne při obrazovce LE. Tak čekám na další opravu. Je vidět že tento problém stále přetrvává a počet lidí narůstá.

Hele, s cestinou tady asi moc neuspejes, protoze to stale neni ono v prekladacich. Zaloz si vlastni tema a nahraj tam soubory player.log + le_graphicsmanager.ini + vystup DxDiag a zkusim se ti na to zitra podivat, jestli tam neco nenajdu.

same here. I played successfully some months ago then went back to poe for scourge. Not been able to launch LE for at least the last two major patches. I’m running a old pc with windows 7 ultimate which is right down the bottom of the supported specs list but it did at least USED to work ok. Ive tried uninstalling steam version and using standalone, uninstalled and tried steam again today as I hadn’t tried it since the most recent patch. Still no dice, gameassembly.dll splat on launch. I would be interesting in hearing if anyone running win7 can launch it any more (I wouldn’t have bought it if windows 7 wasnt on the list).