Game doesnt start

hello, i cant start the game AT ALL ! i tried all fix possible share on this forum, none works. Pls do something.

I have exactly the same issue. I’ve got over 200 hours in the game but since 0.92 the game will not launch. I’ve tracked it down to this:
Faulting application name: Last Epoch.exe, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a10ee1
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 31.0.15.3742, time stamp: 0x6500ba89
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000022a87a9
Faulting process ID: 0x0x41C8
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9F1516B5DB10A
Faulting application path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_97c24e8dfa98e686\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report ID: e07053e6-4e71-419e-b8da-b243e27be1b0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I’ve updated to the latest drivers, Uninstalled, cleaned up, re-installed still no joy. Every other game I own plays just fine.

Check out this thread for some options

Also here

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried all that too, copied the DLL , verified integrity etc, run as admin, uninstall/re-install the game and GPU driver. It makes no sense as the game was previously playable for me. It’s strange as other Unity engine based games are totally fine like Risk of Rain 2, Inside and Genshin Impact. I’m hoping that it gets fixed in a patch as I know I’m not alone with this issue.

Bugger. Hopefully fixed in a patch as you say

Getting many startup issues, from event viewer

Faulting application name: Last Epoch.exe, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a10ee1
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 31.0.15.3742, time stamp: 0x6500ba89
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000022a87a9
Faulting process ID: 0x3170

Fixed it!!! I did sfc /scannow and it fixed some corrupted files gave my PC a reboot and it now launches.

1 Like

Nice! Glad its working for ya

You’re not going to believe it. It’s reverted back to the same problem. I did the sfc /scannow thinking something in my OS was bad and it’s not found any problems. The game no longer launches again. It worked twice before failing!

:frowning:

Man. That would be super frustrating. What a weird issue

hi setting page file back to 0 on all drives fixed it for me

Hey folks

Somebody on Discord found turning off DEP helped.

This is not generally recommended as it is a security feature. At least in this instance you can exclude Last Epoch specifically.

This guide has some instructions

Hey thanks for helping out. I’ve finally worked out the issue. RAM problems. I started to get random freezes in Cyberpunk, Starfield, PUBG and Office 365 has gone nuts. It got me thinking. I did the windows memory diagnostics and it’s confirmed there’s a RAM problem. I’ll have a play unseating and reseating the RAM but I think it’s time to convince Mrs Turps for a PC upgrade…

Oh that sucks!

On the other hand, glad you found it :slight_smile:

Plus, upgrade time! Yeehah!

1 Like

I ran the same diagnostic and came up with 0 issues, yet I am still running into all the same problems. Not sure what that indicates but really really hoping this gets figured out soon, kinda sucks being completely unable to play.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.