Game crashing on Character Launch. Help pls

Player.log (52.2 KB)

Hey Gamers,
My game crashes on launch of any character.

I’ve been reading about others problems with crashes and followed a lot of the same advice listed here. I haven’t been able to play LE since getting my 3070ti. Below is a few things I have tried.

1. Re-install game via steam
    2, Delete all local files and reboot and relaunch steam
  2. Update all drivers for windows and gpu.
  3. Deleted all characters and relaunch computer. steam and game.
  4. Closed all extra programs and use only one monitor while gaming.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey there, welcome to the forums.

Looking at the player.log you provided you have the following errors:

• d3d11: failed to create buffer
  • D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture

And then the game crashes.

These errors happen if you try to run the game at settings the game & your hardware cannot handle. Remember LE is in beta and 0.8.5 (current version) is generally unoptimised so you cannot expect it to perform well even on good hardware if you push the settings.

I am assuming that you are trying Ultra/Very high settings at 1440p with either unlimited FPS or some really high refresh rate? I obviously cannot see because you havent provided the settings file or your dxdiag report, but based on the errors, its probably what you are doing.

I expect that the game would be much more stable if you reduced the settings - if you want to play at 1440p, then drop the quality to Low and the FPS limit to 60fps. This should give you a much more stable experience. Remember that special features like shadows/aa/grass etc can have a big impact too.

It will depend heavily on your system config but the trick is to get it stable, then consider upping settings to find a compromise that works for you, the game state and your hardware.

Remember, do not leave LE unlimited in any way - if you push it, it will crash/freeze/have fps spikes. You have to balance, resolution vs quality vs fps limit while getting the game stable on your hardware.

Thanks for the response! I will attempt these changes after work!
Cheers!

Tried these adjustments, which I would have bet real money that I had already done. But as it turns out it was the refresh rate. After turning everything down I’m up and running stable.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.