FPS incredibly unstable after 1.0 patch

same issue here on RTX 4090, im dropping to 10-11 fps, even on very low graphics

I don’t have the best specs around for a laptop for sure. Running a i9-13900HX Processor, 32 Gigs of RAM, RTX 4070 Laptop GPU, and the games fps fluctuates between upper 150s to below 60 during monos. Even with settings between low to ultra it fluctuates, especially during intense large mob density combat. Not sure if its to be expected or not, but my specs aren’t that bad, I would expect that the game should run on Ultra with stable high fps with my rigs specs but I could be wrong. Love the game, just wish there was some consistency.

1 Like

My Rtx 2080 ti is constantly on 100% usage and i get a max of 80fps in gameplay. For the most time my fps drops below 20 when im in monos i dont know what this is i can play Cyberpunk on ultra settings without problems

This is exactly what I’m observing.

My specs:
CPU: 5900X
GPU: RTX 3080 12GB
RAM: 64GB
SSD: WD Black 2TB m.2 NVMe Gen4

On Ultra settings while not in a rift my GPU is smoothly running at 95% while delivering 185 fps. Once I enter the rift - GPU usage is bouncing down to 50% while FPS drop to 80-90 and then back up…

1 Like

Having Issues as well…the game drops to 30 fps sometimes while my gpu usage is at 20-30%. Cpu usage is at 50-60%. Running on a 5700xt and a ryzen5 2600x with 16gb ram

1 Like

I have MSI Stealth 14 that’s equipped with RTX 4060. It doesn’t matter if I play at medium setting or very low setting, at most point of the game, FPS will drop below 10. It’s very much unplayable.

Playing since 1.0 release, love the game but they need to fix those performance problems. Some people writing with a 1080ti having 160fps+ (which I don’t believe), but others with a 4090 getting 30fps.

With a 2080TI playing cythonic fissure warlock I get 30 fps after a few hours like many of you guys, only fixing it by restarting the game. Changing to low or high settings does not matter at this point (which does not make any sense somehow). Having 64GB RAM, I have plenty of ram left.

When the 30fps problem occurs, the graphics card utilisation jumps between 60% and 100%. Usullay the graphics card is utilised around 95-99% which is how it should be with a 144fps cap.

Maybe these days I will cheat myself the same char in offline mode, so I can test if there is any difference (maybe the servers are also at fault with this fps problem)

I have rtx4050 and having same issue

The performance with the 1.0 patch got really bad. Some maps with grass literally makes the game unplayable. Fps drops the longer i play. My specs arent that good anymore ryzen5 3600x rx580 16gb ram playing on medium atm buy i dont feel any difference if i set it to high or low.

Yeah this is terrible. It seems to only happen for me when I have a browser open on my second monitor, which kind of defeats the purpose as I need to watch something while playing ARPGs to not fall asleep. Ryzen 7 3700X/3070/32GB

I am also having issues. It must be the game that is causing theese issues.
Thigs ive tried with no resolve.

I play the game in monolith after fresh login and start with 100 fps. Then slowly the fps goes down and down untill i get to around 50-70 and then the framedrops begin and sometimes all the way down to 20 fps.
I play on a 3440 x 1440, then i was wondering if if was the widescreen support thats bad, but its not. I changed to my Zowie 240 Hz monitor in 1920 x 1080 and this changes nothing. Not even the massive downgrade from ultra wide to 1080 did anything.

Then i notised something. If i stand in the monolith chest area and changes the gfx to ultra low it hardly changes the fps, but the weird thing is that when i go inside a monolith the damn gfx setting changed itself to high again, even thoug its says ultra low in settings. So basically everytime i go into a monolith i have to change the setting to high and then back to very low. I have to do this everytime i enter a monolith GEES!!

I have reinstalled the game
Tried older gfx driver
Tried different resolutions on differetn monitors
Even tried to overclock my system with no change

Specs:
3080 gfx
i7 8700k
16bg ram

This is true. Just hitting the DEL key in town to hide UI instantly gives me a 20 fps boost, lol.

2 Likes

Yep. Simply staying in town and running 90% GPU with 185fps. But if I open the inventory and start hovering over items in loadout or inventory - GPU usage dropes to 30% pretty much instantaneously while delivering 60-70 fps.
Had been playing this game since open beta - the stuttering and FPS drops have never been resolved. A little dissapointing. This game has so much potential.

Same for me guys before 1.0 i played smoothly 150 fps + now i have huge spike drops from 150 fps to 20 even when nothing is going on screen sometimes and i agree it could be an issue with some UI thing. Now i am trying in settings set limit to may background fps same as on foreground fps and i disabled whole chat in game and seems like it is better maybe something of that works need to more tested it. And yes if you droping items from inventory or mouse cursors on item labels it also drops fps this might be problem too. But i recommend for you to try disable whole chat and try if it helps.

1 Like

Also here just to report in on fps drops & performance issues.
I run the game on ultra, changing settings does nothing.

RTX 3080 12 gb
i7-12700kf
32 GB DDR5
Win 10

Like others have mentioned, random fps drops, not sure what causes it. Sometimes just while running from A-B in monos. Sometimes in packs of mobs, both large and small. Mousing over items causes fps drops aswell.

Heres to hoping that the team can get to to the bottom of this, you have created a special game.

Personally won’t be playing until performance issues gets resolved as it’s just a poor experience atm.

1 Like

I have the same problems, can’t even get 240 fps 1440P, it drops down to 20-30 fps and hovers around 170-220 fps in monolith hub
Specs:
i9-13900k
RTX4090
32gb RAM
NVME M2 SSD
Win 11

I have the same issue. Only seems to happen inside monoliths and dungeons. not noticeable while leveling new characters.

Specs:
intel i7-8700
gForce RTX 2080
16GB Ram
1Tb nvme drive with over 300gbs free storage
win10

Hi, i have same issue whit fps in game (monoliths and Dungeon), drop under 20fps… i play in 4K resolution) :open_mouth:

Specs:
Intel i9 9900K
Geforce RTX 3090
64GB Ram DDR4
1Tb nvme
Windows 11

I got the same issue as everyone else. Reasonably high end PC (RTX 3080), recently formatted Windows 11, NVME, 5600x, fast memory. It does not matter what settings I run (including very low for everything) - the game becomes unplayable after running a few echos. Just picking up the shards at the end, there is always a drop to 1 fps where I could potentially die from a few monsters by the time the game recovers.

1 Like

Same here - My Rig:
RTX 4090
Ryzen 9 7950X3D
32GB DDR5

It is very noticeable that the problems only begin the further you clear the monolith. At the beginning everything is super stable and after clearing over half of the mono, the game drops continuously to 10-20fps.

Likewise the FPS drops when you pick up affix shards.

This makes monoliths extremely nerve-wracking…

Edit: There are several Videos online which shows massive FPS Drops while hovering over items in the Inventar or on the ground. The UI could be a problem too for the Drops & stuttering.

1 Like