Forced Global Chat

I have to keep disabling global chats to type in party, it keeps re-enabling them, I just want to type in party!

I’d like to add: when i start a game in OFFLINE-Mode, i still get global chat messages… may be intended, but is, imo, total nonsense. I’d appreciate a fix…

2 Likes

Known bug, the devs are working on it.

That’s intended.

Thanks, Llama8 - but: WHY? I mean - if i do play OFFLINE, chances are high, that i wish to play alone…

So i am curious: where would be the sense to see onlie-chats in an offline game.mode?

1 Like

Why not? You play offline but can read the chat. Its not only for finding groups in MP. You can get help there, too, if you’re stuck somewhere in offline mode.

I don’t see any logical relevance to block chat just because you’re playing alone. If you don’t want to read the chat, disable it in options.

2 Likes

Okay, this is your opinion, and i am fine with that.

Though i still find it annoying to have to disable MP-chat in a SP offline-game… - if i decide to play OFFline, this does in most cases mean that i wish to play the game alone by myself - and this also means that i do not like interruptions via MP-chat…

Or i fon’t have access to the internet, in which case chat-functionality is obsolete in any case.

1 Like

Addition:

Though chat states that it is DISABLED, i need to enable and re-disable global chat again after each new game start - in online-play as well as in offline-mode.

Sorry, but what kind of “feature” is that…? Really starting to lose hope here…

2 Likes

This is a bug that appeared with the latest patch 0.9g2.
Hopefully it will be gone soon.

2 Likes

Agreed, annoying and although I can sort of see the function, if someone wanted to chat, I’d assume they’d play an online character. As it’s a bug, will see how it goes…

1 Like

April 6th, build 0.9H.
Chat > Settings > Disable chat does not work correctly. Global chat still appears, although the message ‘CHAT IS DISABLED’ is displayed in friendly red caps, which is nice.
Workaround is to click All > [untick] Public every time you log in to a new character. Every. Single. Time.

1 Like

This is, unfortunately, correct - and clicking “disable” every. single. time. is absolutely annoying - if i have my chat disabled (because i want to enjoy my game solely SINGLE) - i want it disabled all the time until i decide otherwise.

4 Likes

0.9.1C Still broken, maybe even worse than before.
Chat re-enables itself after some time, I think on switching zones.
Specifically right now I teleported back to first town, the chat enabled itself, all checkboxes are checked and after I teleported from the city everything stayed enabled.

Now I’m pretty sure it happens only (and every time) on entering a city.
It probably has to do with the message “You have joined the /town chat”.

Oh, I thought it was my personal problem that the chat keeps reappearing even though I’ve disabled it. It’s very annoying when it pops up and I cannot get rid of it. If I wanted to see the chat I wouldn’t have disabled it… Please make it stay disabled if that is chosen. Thx.

3 Likes

This single item with chat really frustrates me to the point of wanting to log. Yes… I’m a bit OCD, but chat is very distracting.

Unfortunately, it is not your “personal problem”, but some kind of - imo use- and senseless - “feature” that @EHG intends here… sure, there MIGHT be some players who like chatting their way around the campaign - but i think, that they are NOT the majority out there…

As this problem persits since a longer time, there’s two posssiilties: either EHG WANTS us to use chat-features (a point, at which i would quit), or they are too busy fixing important problems… either way, i too want this “feature” disabled asap.

It’s not a feature, they have clearly labelled it as a bug.

1 Like

Besides that, here are some specific changes we are working on. We’ll keep looking through your reports to pick other things to fix as well.

• Chat sometimes re-enables itself - also it says “Chat is Disabled” when it actually isn’t.

That’s in the “stuff we’re still working on” not the “fixes” section.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.