Forced Global Chat

I have to keep disabling global chats to type in party, it keeps re-enabling them, I just want to type in party!

Iā€™d like to add: when i start a game in OFFLINE-Mode, i still get global chat messagesā€¦ may be intended, but is, imo, total nonsense. Iā€™d appreciate a fixā€¦

2 Likes

Known bug, the devs are working on it.

Thatā€™s intended.

Thanks, Llama8 - but: WHY? I mean - if i do play OFFLINE, chances are high, that i wish to play aloneā€¦

So i am curious: where would be the sense to see onlie-chats in an offline game.mode?

1 Like

Why not? You play offline but can read the chat. Its not only for finding groups in MP. You can get help there, too, if youā€™re stuck somewhere in offline mode.

I donā€™t see any logical relevance to block chat just because youā€™re playing alone. If you donā€™t want to read the chat, disable it in options.

2 Likes

Okay, this is your opinion, and i am fine with that.

Though i still find it annoying to have to disable MP-chat in a SP offline-gameā€¦ - if i decide to play OFFline, this does in most cases mean that i wish to play the game alone by myself - and this also means that i do not like interruptions via MP-chatā€¦

Or i fonā€™t have access to the internet, in which case chat-functionality is obsolete in any case.

1 Like

Addition:

Though chat states that it is DISABLED, i need to enable and re-disable global chat again after each new game start - in online-play as well as in offline-mode.

Sorry, but what kind of ā€œfeatureā€ is thatā€¦? Really starting to lose hope hereā€¦

2 Likes

This is a bug that appeared with the latest patch 0.9g2.
Hopefully it will be gone soon.

2 Likes

Agreed, annoying and although I can sort of see the function, if someone wanted to chat, Iā€™d assume theyā€™d play an online character. As itā€™s a bug, will see how it goesā€¦

1 Like

April 6th, build 0.9H.
Chat > Settings > Disable chat does not work correctly. Global chat still appears, although the message ā€˜CHAT IS DISABLEDā€™ is displayed in friendly red caps, which is nice.
Workaround is to click All > [untick] Public every time you log in to a new character. Every. Single. Time.

1 Like

This is, unfortunately, correct - and clicking ā€œdisableā€ every. single. time. is absolutely annoying - if i have my chat disabled (because i want to enjoy my game solely SINGLE) - i want it disabled all the time until i decide otherwise.

4 Likes

0.9.1C Still broken, maybe even worse than before.
Chat re-enables itself after some time, I think on switching zones.
Specifically right now I teleported back to first town, the chat enabled itself, all checkboxes are checked and after I teleported from the city everything stayed enabled.

Now Iā€™m pretty sure it happens only (and every time) on entering a city.
It probably has to do with the message ā€œYou have joined the /town chatā€.

Oh, I thought it was my personal problem that the chat keeps reappearing even though Iā€™ve disabled it. Itā€™s very annoying when it pops up and I cannot get rid of it. If I wanted to see the chat I wouldnā€™t have disabled itā€¦ Please make it stay disabled if that is chosen. Thx.

3 Likes

This single item with chat really frustrates me to the point of wanting to log. Yesā€¦ Iā€™m a bit OCD, but chat is very distracting.

Unfortunately, it is not your ā€œpersonal problemā€, but some kind of - imo use- and senseless - ā€œfeatureā€ that @EHG intends hereā€¦ sure, there MIGHT be some players who like chatting their way around the campaign - but i think, that they are NOT the majority out thereā€¦

As this problem persits since a longer time, thereā€™s two posssiilties: either EHG WANTS us to use chat-features (a point, at which i would quit), or they are too busy fixing important problemsā€¦ either way, i too want this ā€œfeatureā€ disabled asap.

Itā€™s not a feature, they have clearly labelled it as a bug.

1 Like

Besides that, here are some specific changes we are working on. Weā€™ll keep looking through your reports to pick other things to fix as well.

• Chat sometimes re-enables itself - also it says ā€œChat is Disabledā€ when it actually isnā€™t.

Thatā€™s in the ā€œstuff weā€™re still working onā€ not the ā€œfixesā€ section.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.