Foe's Javelin Paladin! 0.8.3 Build

Video

This build was made by @FoE and its just a base endgame viable version! Make it S Tier!

This Build Tier Rating is:

10/10 --->--->--->---> 5/10 >--->--->--->---> 1/10

Build Overview Summary/Rating/Interactions

Summary

• This build is played as a Paladin! Throw Javelins and Smite your enemies with holy lightning power! This build can hit really really hard and can easily complete endgame content. There are a few different ways to spec the lightning javelin depending on your preference of gameplay so be sure to try out a few different ways!

Main Interactions

• Get as much added throwing attack and Dex as possible for flat damage! The dex is for the mourning frost boots as each point adds +1 flat damage for javelin
  • Staying ranged and safe!

Rating

• Defense - 8/10
  • Offense - 8.5/10
  • Empowered Bosses - 8/10
  • Speed Running Echoes - 8.5/10
  • Arena - 7/10
  • Average - 8 (A Tier)

Lootfilter Attached Click Here (NEW)

Please let Me know if you find anything messed up

GREEN - Early Game Items (1 affix Tier 1+)

BLUE - Mid Game Items (1 affix Tier 3+)

RED - Starting Endgame Items (1 affix Tier 5+)

YELLOW - Mid Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 8+ Total Tiers)

ORANGE - Late Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 12+ Total Tiers)

DARK GREEN - IDOLS

TEAL/BLUE - 1+ Tier 5+ Class Specific Affix For Any Class

PINK - Exalted/Set/Unique Items

WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non SENTINEL Class Items ARE HIDDEN

Pastebin Link

Javelin Paladin Lootfilter Pastebin Link

Text File Download

Lightning Javelin 0.8.3 .xml (113.1 KB)

Dammitt's Builder For 0.8.3

Javelin Paladin

Javelin Paladin Gear/Idols/Blessings

Most Important Stats

Defense For You (Most important to Least important

• Health/Capped Resistances
  • Critical Strike Avoidance/Endurance
  • Mandatory Throwing damage Leech blessing from Rahyeh

Offense (Most Important to Least important)

• Added Throwing damage/ Increased Lightning damage
  • Critical Strike Chance/ Throwing Critical Strike chance
  • Dex

Rating System Breakdown

Build Rating System Breakdown Post

Passive Screen Shots
Sentinel
Paladin
Void Knight
Forge Guard

Skill Screen Shots
Holy Aura
Smite
Lunge
Sigils of Hope
Javelin

Social Platform Links

Twitch

Follow me on twitch and watch me live every Saturday night as we put together builds and test them!

Youtube

Here’s Everything I’ve ever done in Last Epoch

Discord

Join my Discord and use the !Search function in the Search bot channel to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/master/skill/patch and more!

Updates
  • Initially posted September 3rd 2021. Viable for 0.8.2I

Looking For a different build? Here’s a Compendium with Tons!

150+ Builds and Guides in one place! Click Here

Have a good day Travelers!

3 Likes

Since Javelin scales with Strength and Dexterity, I’m not seeing where Dexterity provides a specific benefit from tooltips anywhere I can see?

Edit: I see it now, the boots in the build. Maybe worth a mention in the “Main Interactions”?

And thanks for the guide as always!

Ill put that in there, sorry about that! Glad you were able to find it! :slight_smile:

One other question, on the Ending the Storm timeline, you’ve got “Ward When Hit” – isn’t this better served by shred lightning resist, one other layer in addition to shock to tearing down resistances?

1 Like

Yes get lightning shred not ward when hit

2 Likes

Hi, really nice guide. I was wondering why the lootfilter shows shield and not polearm? Just because is the default one for Paladin?
Thank for the hard work, keep going!

1 Like

You’ll notice it also doesn’t count Dexterity for good affixes because lord knows Sentinel didn’t really need it until now!

Wait how is that cold damage from the boots/dex interaction helping this build? What’s converting the flat cold from the boots to something useful?

Hey nice build! But I think after 0.8.3b hotfix Mourningfrost boots are useless? Because only damage from weapon count now.

Loot filter is also missing 5 sentinel specific affixes in the top filter, included added lightning damage to javelins :slight_smile: Definitely recommend people go through the loot filter and make sure it’s fitting their needs.

1 Like

Anything that boosts throwing damage, elemental damage, or crits should boost that cold damage.

The hotfix said only added melee damage from the polearm matters. Throwing damage across all gear still contributes.

1 Like

I practised Polearm (Naginata) fighting for four years, I can guarantee Dexterity is definitely a must-have! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yuh? Well I practised num-chux four for ours wiffout padds OAR texterridy mm no i cpel bettr.

1 Like

OHHH ok let me see if I understand correctly: the cold damage from 30-something dex (let’s say it was 32 because I don’t recall exactly) gets added to the skill.

The skill is lightning, throwing and critting so you’re already scaling with lightning damage, throwing damage, crit chance/muliplier.

SO, since you’re already scaling elemental damage, throwing damage, and crit damage, the added 32 cold flat damage from the boots is scaled by the same stuff you’re already scaling with for the skill.

Did I do that right?

Javelin also converts all added damage to lightning, so the cold gets converted to lightning (Divine throws) and gets scaled with all the lightning stuff

I wanted to ask does Mourningfrost kinda double dip here ? the flat cold gets applied at 100% to throwing attacks and to melee damage, then the 20% added melee damage from polearms also adds the flat cold at 20% again ?

Edit: Ok so it used to but now doesn’t after 0.8.3b patch. Since it’s gonna be only polearm damage now, I wonder if 1h(rune hammer for + 1) + shield may be better ?

Also btw if you really want leech and don’t mind the dps loss, can swap Li’raka’s claws for Avarice until you get the blessing.

I have found Prism Wraps to be great while farming for the throwing leech blessing… some DPS to offset the loss of dex/crit, and mitigating the fire disadvantages from jewelry affixes. I think you lose less in this swap compared to using Avarice.

1 Like

Oh… That’s a lot simpler than what I thought was happening. Thank you!

1 Like

@boardman21 When leveling with this build, after I put 20 points into sentinel, should I go and invest in Paladin first, or does the 10 points in ‘Abyssal Endurance’ more important, and I should invest in them first?