Foe's Javelin Paladin! 0.8.3 Build

Sorry I don’t get something. Looked through the passive tree. What makes smite cast automatically when you are throwing javelin? I don’t seem to see what makes that happen.

You can get idols for sentinel where you have a 4-9% chance to cast smite on hit with throwing attacks. FoE used 2 of those to have enoughh proc chance.

Do those unique boots still have place in that build? Because it kinda do not scale dodge a lot so str > dex in that regard and also there are good affixes (alike lightning throwing damage on helm) which could replace attribute affix.
Thanks for guide, kinda saved my lightning dot spear build from deletion.

https://imgur.com/gallery/06tRmRA

I have not Leveling up with javelin but the 40% phys + void and +80 life is strong I would probably go there first

Mourningfrost still gives +1 throwing flat per dex (still worth it) you lost some damage from it because it was double dipping but that was fixed in 0.8.3b

Goal for helmet is to have lightning flat for javelin and +2 javelin relic but those are not included in the build since its not minmaxed version just something strong that people get to play couple hours after release

Thanks for clarifying this for everyone. I thought the +Dex still worked but 100% sure.

Lootfilter has DEX added to it and no longer hides polearms. I also disabled showing shields by default but if you want a shield while leveling up during campaign just recheck the box.

Thanks for the heads up everyone :slight_smile:

Here’s the new link: (Its in the post above and replaced on the youtube description as well)

Updated Javelin Lootfilter

3 Likes

Hey @boardman21 , what’s the role of Smite in this build, is it to procc the added flat damage in the Smite tree? Because I was watching the video and it seems like smite is only proccing for about 800 white and 3.5k crit damage. Doesn’t seem worth it (especially taking two 4x4 Idols slots) or isn’t there anything better to boost Javaline?

It’s the attack speed since Javelin won’t benefit from non-polearm melee damage. Probably shock & more hits as well.

Javelin did benefit from the melee damage 0.8.3 but no longer as of 0.8.3b. As llama said its only for the attack speed now and it will also apply shock stacks faster. It is not supposed to deal damage

This is what I mean in my feedback post for clunkiness of lightning javelin with Sentinel synergies.

I think of Lightning Nova Sorceror: you got your single target Electricity blast, and your AOE helper Nova… guess what, Nova does good damage, easy to hit things, and applies shocks quickly and consistently too!

2 Likes

so far im not really happy with javelin. Siege Barrage is funny but sucks against fast targets and the mana cost is even with -throwing attack mana rings + the node still high. probably only worth if you wanna use it for the battle standard.

divine fury is quite okay, but also needs more than 1 point to feel good cause it no longer pierces.

and all the more damge passives are just weird. one is more dmg for each pierced enemy, which doesnt work with divine fury and also sucks against bosses. monster piercer is only available for the first 65%, keen outlook forces you to stay away while mobs always run to you. forceful hurl to stand still (while trying to keep the range for keen outlook that comes before…)

and the hitbox of javeline feels reeeally slim and doesnt seem to hit even when the javeline is flying right through (no dodge was shown.)

for the build: im not really sold on smite. the 20% ias is nice but… thats it. for the heal you’d need to be close range but you dont want to be close range because of keen outlook.

overall javeline is visually dope but feels sooo weird :confused:

4 Likes

If you want to play around with siege barrage, I HIGHLY recommend checking out the voidfused projectiles combo with void cleave.

1 Like

Luckily enough, I was able to get an exalted relic drop +3 to Javelin, which is amazing. What is the flat lightning for helmet you speak of? I’m new and was trying to find it on the affix list.

Here’s my current planner at level 61, I’ve levelled with this build as my first character ever and I gotta say, it feels very strong and smooth to play for me: Paladin, Level 61 (LE Beta 0.8.3) - Last Epoch Build Planner - would you have any suggestions as to where to look to upgrade first?

Do you plan on posting a more min/maxed version of this build in the future?

Added Javelin Lightning Throwing Damage
This is the affix i am speaking off with your relic you can build dex + javelin throwing damage since you have more points for base crit.

Biggest damage boost for you is to replace rings and amulet with flat added throwing damage (both physical and fire) the physical one will also reduce mana cost
Throwing Damage and Reduced Mana Cost
Throwing Damage And Fire Vulnerability
Yes i plan to update the build for minmax

Perfect! Appreciate the response. I will aim for trying to add the things you suggested.
I know that some of the stats on my relic are not great, but if I try to upgrade any more tiers it might fracture so I’m leaving it as-is to preserve my +3 to Jav.

‘More points for base crit’ - sorry by this do you mean that I have more points for Jav and each point will add to the crit chance of Javelin? Sorry, I’m new to LE so I might be asking silly questions.

Appreciate your work mate look forward to seeing the min/max version later. :slight_smile:

Javelin node - Beast ender grants javelin base crit chance and since your relic adds +3 points to javelin you will have more “spare” points to put into beast ender to get to 100% crit

Ahh okay great. So 1 point into Horde Ender, then 2 into Beast Ender. Is it worth taking points out of any other nodes to put into Beast Ender or are the points too valuable elsewhere?

1 Point into divine fury

2 Point into divine fury

1 Like