Eleventh Hour Games | New Partnership

In reality, no. You have nothing to prove. You have to make a great game. It is already great, I’m sure it will be even more. That’s all. :wink:

2 Likes

This doesn’t mean there are no deadlines, does it?

Good. I assume at least one of them is going to be working on the Werellama you confirmed on stream last week (or the week before)?

1 Like

Yes, it does mean that Tencent can’t impose any deadlines.

1 Like

A deadline would be a obligation.

Maybe EHG already has one internally (which I sincerely doubt from their "ready-when-ready mentality). But no I guess not.

This comes with no deadlines, milestones, or any pressure around game content whatsoever. We provided our own projected milestones and deadlines for a valuation while being very direct that we intend to remain flexible and things may change if we believe a change is what is best for the game.

7 Likes

Judd forgot to mention the one single restriction that came with that deal: Get rid of that Llama-Guy

Sorry for you, bro. Was a good time :wink:

4 Likes

Can we get the story fully voiced now with some cool voice actors? That would be awesome!

1 Like

Out of curiosity,

while Tencent does not impose any deadliens etc onto you.

Are you requried to keep them posted about internal updates/roadmaps etc.?

1 Like

potentially a great change, people should keep an open mind

very excited for this! GGG had the same thing happen and their League and Expansion quality SKYROCKETED! Much love, hope for the best :smiley:

2 Likes

Of course. I’m always a lurker, i love the game, i played a lot and told several friends which will play with me when multiplayer happens. I love indie games, i love the ambition they have and how the communicate with the players. The community and everything around it was super nice. There is really not much what i didn’t like about the game, but not having a multiplayer.

But this is just shocking. So shocking, that even I came out and had to write something.

6 Likes

From prior experience (from a listed company, but anyway), quarterly reporting is so much fun!

Wouldn’t this be an obligation?

Just asking for a friend…

I understand that Tencent owns less than 25%, but the question I have is if the agreement gives them access to the source code for your game. If it does, expect them to be implementing some of YOUR work in other games they are developing with other developers.

They did it with several indies already.
They bought up a fighting game another indie was developing and handed it over to Riot, Riot bought up several indies themselves as well as Tencent doing the same thing.

I just worry that all your hard work will go kaput when Tencent decides to just take part of your core source code for your game and makes a reskinned cheaper version of it.

2 Likes

One of the biggest, if not the biggest company around media entertainment is involved in video games, is it truely that shocking?

2 Likes

Yea we have to provide them financial reports but we create this type of material anyway, so it’s not a large burden. It’s a very healthy practice for any company.

7 Likes

You guys have done great so far, I have all the faith in the world that you will continue to do so. Thank you EHG for the time I’ve enjoyed in Eterra

Due to the increase in captial/resources does this mean that a roadmap would be updated and more things added to it that were once considered not possible by 1.0? Such as but not limited to:

• Character choice of Female/Male
  • Character creation customization (Not cosmetics)
  • Anything previously planned or wanted to be implemented but never shared with the community? (That was intended to be done before 1.0)
2 Likes

Yes, it really is.

Just because you own part of a company doesn’t mean yo ucan just take their stuff & use it in “elsewhere” (your own company, another subsidiary). If nothing else than for tax reasons. If the “stuff” wasn’t sold at a fair price then the tax authority would, reasonably, assume that the owner was trying to shift profit from a company that pays a higher effective tax rate to a company that pays a lower effective tax rate.

And I’m sure the IRS hates that just as much as HMRC.

You’d have to buy the entirity of a company & probably do a merger so that “their” stuff becomes “yours”.

2 Likes