Eleventh Hour Games | New Partnership

Thank you Judd for providing clarity

I’ll be blunt here: Game developers say one thing and then turn around and do another ALL THE TIME. Whatever reasons I may have had to think that EHG will be an exception to this just died an ugly death.

3 Likes

Sorry, what clarity was that? Did I miss the % in Judd’s reply?

3 Likes

It is truely astonishing to see how many people come ot the forums and do their first post on this topic, that is not even directly connected to the game itself.

3 Likes

Literally every game company sold in history said those exact same words, and you know how it usually turns out, so you will understand if we aren’t as excited as you with this news.

7 Likes

he said small so small being less than 25% to me but llama its business asking for exact numbers might be in a NDA or some other terms to the condition and I would rather not cause legal issues and press the issue further that could damage or harm EHG.

Yeah, he said small in the OP as well. All we know is that it’s non-controlling, which, as I said, means it’s less than 50%, or potentially they bought a load of non-voting shares but that’s probably going a bit to far down the rabbit hole for a company the size of EHG…

1 Like

Less than 25%

14 Likes

Now Judd’s given (some) clarity…

1 Like

Big yikes. “We support Ukraine, but we’re partnering with a Chinese company”. This is disappointing to say the least, not only a Chinese company but Tencent, a company notorious for egregious monetization and heavy handed censorship.

18 Likes

Thank god! It’s not EA, it’s not Ubisoft, it’s not Gamigo… :joy::joy:

It’s nice to see how far EHG has come with just crowd funding. That step is important to secure the health of the company and the product.

From my time with EHG and LE my trust in the words of this particular dev team is really big. They always act fair and don’t lie to the community about anything. So there’s no reason to believe that the things Judd pointed out regaeding freedom of development are not true or an exaggeration.

But I’m curious if this contract comes with any deadlines regarding the release of certain features or 1.0.

4 Likes

I completely understand the skepticism and while I know this is a huge positive for Last Epoch and EHG, it will be up to us to prove that to our playerbase.

This has already allowed us to hire multiple talented network engineers, technical artists, story and presentation folks, etc that will have a noticeable impact on the quality, performance, and stability of the game over the next few patch cycles.

Again, it’s up to us to prove that this is a positive for everyone. We will work hard to do so.

20 Likes

when youre trying to figure out where all the good will ya’ll built up went, remember this post

9 Likes

From the OP:

After hearing Judd’s statements and replies I sincerely agree hope this venture will be good for all of us and the game we have already grown to love and adore

2 Likes

In reality, no. You have nothing to prove. You have to make a great game. It is already great, I’m sure it will be even more. That’s all. :wink:

2 Likes

This doesn’t mean there are no deadlines, does it?

Good. I assume at least one of them is going to be working on the Werellama you confirmed on stream last week (or the week before)?

1 Like

Yes, it does mean that Tencent can’t impose any deadlines.

1 Like

A deadline would be a obligation.

Maybe EHG already has one internally (which I sincerely doubt from their "ready-when-ready mentality). But no I guess not.