Eleventh Hour Games | New Partnership

Yeah, colonoscopies suck.

1 Like

Haha… now we’re getting closer to the core of the topic, aren’t we? :grin:

1 Like

Oh lol just got told by EHG that gay/queer igns aren’t allowed anymore. Funny how they allowed it prior to partnering with Tencent (my current ign as proof).

Wonder if they’ll come after RawSuicide for their name…

I was willing to give them a chance and also because GGG are partnered with Tencent and they allow my very gay ign and character names. Just as I started getting back into speedrunning this game too…

Eh, at least I got my money’s worth out of the game so I don’t feel too bad. Hope everyone else has fun :3

Hey there!

I understand your frustration and I do apologize that your experience is not what we strive to provide to our players. I can provide an update here but I would like to iterate that we cannot share specific details on the forums and ask that you submit a support ticket to discuss further.

• Your digital items have been delivered
  • Your physical items have been shipped
  • We have also issued a full refund back in May in response to your previous customer support posts. The receipt verifies this and would be happy to share it with you so you can take it to your payment processor should you have any further questions.

Again, I am truly sorry about the delay in physical item shipping. That is on us.

Wish you all the best,

-Aluxaeterna

I submitted the ticket for the receipt.

Not sure where you sent the refund since the card that was used has been turned off for months. I was under the impression I was being mailed a check, and nothing has arrived.

Hi!

Through our back-end, we are only able to issue refunds using the same purchasing method that was used. We, being EHG, do not not have any other details besides the email you provide us. No credit card information, address, name, etc.

I will work with our support team first thing in the morning to figure out an alternative method to get your refund to you.

Talk soon,

-Aluxaeterna

Thank you for the responses and help on this.

Yeah, I’m kind of expecting this at some point. Microsoft didn’t allow that Nickname for the gamepass. But I also run that name on every other system without issues for decades.

I’m not sure if there’s a connection or just automated systems at work.

The thing with queer or other types of humorous or self ironic names is that nobody on the other side does know how it is meant.

While you know that your nicknames with gay/queer phrases are ok - as you are propably gay yourself - and just want to express yourself, I don’t know how it may be received by other gay people that don’t know you (or don’t know you are gay).

This is just speculation as I don’t know (also don’t know your nicknames) so I’m just guessing.

It’s always hard to judge stuff like this. Is it ok for gay people to make jokes about gay people? But not if the joke is made by a hetero? Is it ok for Muslim comedians to make terrorist jokes, but not for Christs?

It seems acceptable to make jokes like this as long as the one who makes them also is affected. So it’s more about making jokes about himself and that’s seem as ok.

But how would you know a person belongs to a certain group and is “allowed” to make jokes about that group.

Maybe you should get in touch with EHG to prevent misunderstandings in that case. I know that EHG also has queer staff members. Therefore I think there’s no bad faith involved here.

3 Likes

Blizzard was founded in 1991.
By people taking the risk of investing their own money.
They went on to create some of the most iconic games in all computer gaming history, literally defining the gaming landscape we have today.
Yes, their games sold by millions, they made a lot of money (Important point, they made the money AFTER making the games), grew way too big, and now there are issues. And it is very fashionable to bash them.

EHG started in 2017.
They almost immediately launched a Kickstarter scheme to get money, despite having nothing to sell.
After which, they quickly started selling a game at full box price, despite the game being barely started.
Three years later (one and only game still far from complete), they ran around looking for investors and finally partnered with Tencent.

Conclusion, if you want to compare, compare what is comparable, the first 4 years of a company.
And sadly, EHG comes across as WAYYYYYY greedier than Blizzard ever did in the beginning.
We will see what the future holds…

3 Likes

Get where you are coming from but its probably not as simple as you make it seem… Very different world views, competitive gaming industry, investment opportunities/methods, financial situations, technology and even consumers demands between when Blizzard and EHG were founded… Pretty sure if Blizzard started up in 2017, they’d have approached things differently… but then again, the whole gaming industry would probably be different if they hadnt created their games in '91…

Its definitely a wait and see for me too… I’d have prefered they had gotten an angel investor without the negative associations that Tencent has, but maybe they couldnt for whatever reason…

Ah ah, I totally agree. :wink:
I was being a bit provocative.

But being super old-fashioned, I always have a hard time wrapping my head around the modern concept of “sell first, produce later”.
In my book, if you create a business, you have to take risks. And accept that for the first few years, you might not make money. probably even lose some.

The times, they are a changin’.

:slight_smile: Must admit I feel the same way about businesses today… Everyone wants someone elses money to turn an idea into a business - it seems like this is the default approach to anything. I understand 100% the reasons why, but I too am nostalgic about the old tales about how businesses started in the back of a shed on a $100 birthday gift from grandad.

Naive I know but hey… I’m not going to be on forbes Top 10000000 list anytime soon… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Being brought up in a different Era I remember with fondness a time when jokes were just jokes. People had a sense of humour. People got offended and managed somehow to deal with it without life coming to a halt. Comedians were allowed carte blanche on subjects to make jokes about, and we all survived it.

Now everything is “thought policed” and vetted so as not to offend anyone. I don’t know about anyone else, but I can’t think of a single “modern” comedian that I find funny any more. Instead of life being more filled with humour, I find everything sterile and humourless. No one dare voice an opinion that the PC police find offensive to someone. Hell, people are even identifying as Trees ffs. Yeah, things are SO much better now…

As far as slightly colourful IGN handles, you can’t have your cake and eat it. When movements cause everything to be “safe” and “non offensive” you can no longer have sensitive IGN handles that might offend one person sat alone on an isolated desert island, as the minority has to be taken into account on everything now.

Hell, I’d like to tag myself as miserable, obnoxious, angry old git, but no doubt someone would be offended by ageism, obnoxiousism, miserableism, or angryism :smile:

5 Likes

So true :grin:

Try making independent films where no one wants to be the FIRST investor but everyone offers to be the SECOND if you get a first. Then when you get a FIRST all of the SECONDS are suddenly like, oh, um, well, gee…

Yeah, I’m disgruntled. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Great news!

As long as they don’t adjust the direction of the game.

1 Like

All I read is “Company tries different avenues to raise money to fund a passion project.”

They started a Kickstarter to fund a game - You phrasing it as a scheme is pathetic, this is how a lot of games start. This is how Divinity: Original Sin started, this is how Pillars of Eternity started. If it’s a “scheme” it’s a “scheme” that is churning out some of the best games made in the past few decades.

They started selling the early access/beta game at a price, which is INDUSTRY STANDARD RIGHT NOW. Every game is selling early access. Baldurs gate 3 sold at $60 and it had like 10 hours of gameplay.

Three years later after constant development and presumably running low on funds, they went searching for investors so they could carry out a vision that many thousands of players are already expecting. If they hadn’t sold anything and shown the game to have promise, there would be no investors and the company probably would fade away into obscurity. In this market you have to prove you have something to both players and potential investors alike. Early access is a way to mold the game based off of a small amount of player feedback. You’re exaggerating and stretching the truth to fit this narrative of “EHG greedy”.

5 Likes

Means nothing

I didnt post on the PoE official forums until I played for months. my account has been open since 29/9/2013 and ive posted 76 times on their official forum which is an average of 0.02 posts a day

Whereas ive posted here hundreds of times. Most people post on reddit anyway. If anything its a sign of trouble and harmony regarding posts. Proper players who arent using the forum as a social vehicle wont post as they dont need to

Hell my first posts here was offering suggestions on how to improve the game… you dont do that if everything is fine…you just play

1 Like

Yeah depending on how you are treated can really change your view about the company

In March or so right before the end of the last PoE league, my email was hacked somehow which led to my Steam/PoE accounts being hacked.

The hackers stole almost every piece of gear I acqurired over 8 years rotting in standard and my league character, they took well over 2000 exalts of shit. deleted all my characters I took weeks to grind to max level and gear per league, over the course of 20+ leagues. EVERYTHING imagine someone hacking your LE account and stealing your Fire resistance shards. it was that bad

GGGs response was to lock my account and make me prove I owned it, even questioned me about ‘have you tried to sell your account’ fuck no never, that was extremely offending to me

In the end I dug out some old purchases from luckily my same CC which allowed me to resume access. During that time I was ready to quit as I was upset all my work had gone, I had no intention of using this stuff outside the league but at the same time it was my sanctuary of things, my world no one could tell me how to manage this as it was all mine

They responded to me at a minimum every 6 hours but I felt like I am nothing in this situation even though there was clear login entries for 8 years from Australia and then boom login from Russia all my shit is gone

I decided to play PoE this league and actually had a good time. Realistically GGG cant do much, they wont restore my items. They did restore my characters all naked with nothing but I get nothing else as compensation, only a ‘Sincerely sorry this happened to you’

Have to just move on

In your opinion, yes, and I respect that you think that. I, however, think differently and also there are extreme differences in the situation you posted as your rebuttle.
The a/c I referred to was MADE 2 days previously at that time, your account over on PoE was MONTHS old before you posted once. So, completely different scenarios. Not even remotely similar, so I fail to see why you made the point!
Posting frequency is also not the issue. Had the posted a/c in question had that account open for several months, but had not made a post in that time I would have given it the benefit of the doubt AS you rightly say, some people do open accounts, play for months, and only then make their first post. I never disputed that, but then again, this was not the case here anyway.

A brand new a/c here (where it is a pre-requisite of signing into the game) means one of 2 things: either it is a brand new player who has at most up to 48 hours of max game time, or b) it is a non playing account made purely to troll. Either way it is completely different to your a/c in PoE that you used as an example, which wasn’t even remotely new (as you posted yourself).

Personally, I only place this type of caution on NEW accounts trolling, not on older accounts. I look at the a/c details of the poster, the time created, the # of topics viewed, and any created or posted to in that time before making my own assumption on the a/c. Sometimes it is plain to see the motivations of a poster from their a/c history.