EHG Please Help; "LE-65 Cannot Connect to Game Servers"

I cannot access Online, not once, ever since 1.0 dropped.

I wish to play the game with a couple of friends, enjoy the ability to access the cash shop (given that cosmetics/MTX is something I truly enjoy), be able to access trade, and simply get the complete product. Right now, I, and many others, technically do not have access to the complete product we paid for.

I purchased LE 4 years ago with the hope that it would fill the void of the general mediocrity of the ARPG scene, or the PHD I’m required to make to be able to enjoy PoE. I fell in love with the game, waiting patiently for its full release. Now, I, and many others as it seems, are getting an incomplete product.

Yeah sure, I can play Offline and still enjoy the game. But in all honesty, and with all due respect to EHG -who I acknowledge as an ambitious team of people that pulled tremendous effort to bring this game to life- this makes me feel like I’ve been scammed, somehow.

I found just one single thread that complained about not being able to access Online since official release, with 60+ "Me too"s. Still, no explanation or one single comment from EHG. It’s extremely disappointing. Especially coming from a company whose Game Director is constantly pushing the “transparency with our community is a key philosophy of ours” company persona in his statements.

How much more "Me too"s are required for this to get EHG’s response?

And all the suggestions/attempts to solve this issue on the thread mentioned above -afar from the fact that they just don’t solve it- are just infuriating in my opinion. Especially these two;

• “Use a VPN.”
    Really? Why should I ever use a VPN to use a product I already paid for? And without any prior announcements from its creators that it’s region blocked or so?

• “Change your ISP.”
    Again. Really? Even if my ISP is somehow blocking an indie game, why wouldn’t they block the multitude of MMOs I can access normally at any given moment?

EHG. Please. Fix this. I cannot believe that as an adult I took that much time to write this much for a problem of a video game I purchased to get fixed. I guess I’m that hopeless.

8 Likes

+1 - same issue, and same responses (can get around it with a VPN). I was able to play online before 1.0 launched as well.

1 Like

Same issue for me. I can only play the game via GeForce Now, which equated to a $10 monthly fee. I didn’t have this problem pre-1.0.

1 Like

Do we know if there’s a different LE-65 thread that the devs have responded to yet? I get that they can’t reply to all of these… but I’d hate to see the topic get ignored entirely. I’ve heard about the VPN solution, but I’m not sure how to do that for free, and I’m not interested in paying $10+ per month just to be able to play LE. Hopefuly EHG can help provide alternative troubleshooting solutions.

1 Like

As far as I know, we can search forums with the error code, or any combination of keywords that could describe the same result/issue. And when I did that; there isn’t but the one thread I mentioned. So as far as I know, and answering your question; no, there isn’t any other thread.

I am of the same stance as yours towards VPN. Adding to that, in my case, it’s not just a matter of interest. I just do not find it appropriate to be pushed or even incentivized to pay more money to access an inseparable feature for a game I already paid for.

New patch hasn’t addressed it yet either. Discord has a bunch of messages with it also.

I submitted a new ticket at support.lastepoch.com but have little expectations. My last one was closed saying the patch addresses server issues without any way for me to respond to say my issue wasn’t fixed by the patch.

2 Likes

It would be nice if it were acknowledged at minimum - silence makes it seem like they either do not care, or do not know about it, both are concerning.

2 Likes

I’d like to add my voice to this issue. Used a free VPN, but I’m always losing connection (probably from VPN). So I can’t reliably play online.

I originally purchased this game, not so much for online play, but to at least play with my brother (I know that IS online play :P)

Maybe they’d be open to the idea of direct connect or LAN play? or just invite with steam friends? I don’t need to play on their servers.

I still have this issue. I think for me it might have to do with Comporium: Comporium Internet Users Cannot Play Online - #8 by gamingvyce

Interesting. I am also on Comporium. I also got a response from my support ticket:

Taylor (EHG)

Mar 8, 2024, 14:31 CST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

The information has been escalated to our QA department and they will be investigating the issue - please also be sure to report the bug using the in-game bug report feature. Until a resolution is found, please keep an eye on our Forums as that will be the first place we post any updates regarding these issues.

1 Like

It’s already the 14th of March, and I still have the same issue.

An agent responded to my ticket saying:

Some of our users have reported solving this issue by using a VPN, have you tried doing so?

Seriously EHG?..

3 Likes

Yeah… That’s ridiculous. I guess I’m offline only. I’ll “vote with my wallet” as they say… Once EHG cares to look into the issue and support my ability to log into the game, that’s when I’ll consider further funding the game via micro transactions. Until then, $35 is all they’re going to get.

3 Likes

I’m quite frustrated with this issue. I can only play by paying for a vpn.

3 Likes

New patch, still no fixes for comporium users.

1 Like

Same issue, no response, dead threads, no hope in sight.

1 Like

Found this in another thread… This may be a free option:

It says “your phone’s Internet” but there’s a PC app that’s working for me.

1 Like