Druid Overhaul - Spriggan Form

Well they said and I quote

So I assume they will be scale able as without scaling theres no way to make it kill things by endgame, but I really hope they give a way to improve the base damage as well as make it scale.

1 Like

I like the idea of the Spriggan form making use of the Tornado skill, so you can use the “Aspect of the Storm” buff and get faster movespeed. Combine the Storm buff and the “haste when you summon a totem” buffs and you get plenty of move speed.

Tornadoes are known for throwing trees at things in real life, so using the power of the wind to speed up the tree-man sounds like a great idea.

1 Like

All in all, good changes. Im fine with no movement skills.

1 Like

You seem to not have realized the dramatic difference between player damage and mob damage. Throwing their own damage back at them would be about as effective as farting in their general direction.

I had a 100 Druid Spriggan prior to cpu wipe and while my opinion is not on the same value as a ‘community tester’ I still have an opinion

Removing Vale Blast is actually not a good move as it had a cool interaction with Valeroot it just had stupid scaling (minion damage) instead of flat out removing it and replacing it with a D3 Wizard spell it would of been good to rework it. now its just a generic boring spell

No movement skill in infinite scaling aRPG isnt very welcome. especially on a character who uses roots, you can just burrow underground to fit the theme

Vines seem slower to actually attack now, they look better but was hoping for a big rework there, such as the Vines are attached to you…something interesting

Ice Thorns removed. There was a Physical Thorn build you could play using a 2H and Root Wall Ice Thorns and now you cant. not really sure again on that as Root Wall was a pretty unique build not realised its potential and just flat out removed in favour of nothing?

I wont be able to actually test this as all my characters are gone so this is just untested feedback

New base Primalist skill is Warcry(moving from Beastmaster to Primalist passive tree). This was stated in the last update.

1 Like

The vale spirits aren’t gone. So the “attacks when I do my basic” theme is still going to be there. I wouldn’t be surprised if the totem version survived.

Going from “beam” to “magic missile” doesn’t change us much on the “generic magic” front.

However the thorns can hit all the same target or multiple targets as needed. The beam was always one target. This is an upgrade.

Having been on both sides and wondering if this was the case, I quickly realised that it isn’t.

Please don’t think that your opinion is of any less value, good or bad, they want to hear it.

7 Likes

You’re both describing how Rebuke works which nobody uses as a DPS skill and very few use defensively, though it being channelled doesn’t help.

Nice changes , would like to see the visual form a bit bigger to remind me more of the tree stereotype

rolls eyes

We don’t know how the Spirit Thorns interacts with Vale Spirits, hopefully they kept that particular mechanic and the Vale Spirits will fire thorns when you do.

Of all the complaints posted about the Spriggan form, the lack of movement ability wasn’t one I remember popping up until the devs mentioned it in the first post.

They likely didn’t have a build with minion attack speed, until we get to try them, I suggest you (re)read Mike’s post here:

Their language was unclear, they could have meant that they moved Ice Thorns from Primalist to Druid or that they removed it entirely (which would be a pity since they could make its tree affect Spirit Thorns). But you know that if they have removed it completely they’ll be replacing it with something else.

This is probably “gatekeeping”, but the sky is not falling…

I didn’t realise that once you’d levelled a class/mastery to 100 you were locked out of creating another one of that class. Must be a bug in my version 'cause I don’t get that…

4 Likes

Overall very good changes, but having no movement skill will imo hurt the class in a long term.

Don’t waste your time on this dude. It’s a hopeless case.

He doesn’t get that the only person that devalues his arguments is himself by spicing his comments with that provocative and infantile shit.

maybe let this Spriggan summon a mean roots/vines and let the roots surf the ground as mobility skills. it doesnt need the spriggan to run fast. how to ride the vines? imagine the vines in Maleficent!! LOL XD

1 Like

A little late to this party, but… I can’t speak for everyone else, but it’s not the lack of movement ability in and of itself that concerns me, but rather the apparent lack of any way to deal with getting rushed down. Currently the Spriggan lacks a movement ability, but you can at least wall out enemies/bosses with Root Wall. For example, Root Wall was crucial for my Spriggan to get through Majasa’s second phase. Without it, she’d lunge directly at me and just completely beat my ass. With Root Wall going away and no movement skill to boot, I am not sure what the counter-play is in scenarios like that unless Thorn Shield will make you tanky enough to not have to care too much. That might well be the case and we’re worrying for nothing, but I definitely feel like Thorn Shield is going to have to pull a lot of weight here.

2 Likes

Vines only fire one thorn now? That’s pretty rough…

1 at a time. This is no different than it is now…

1 Like

I read it as fires once and that’s it. If it is instead spirit thorns, which normally fires a bunch of projectiles, only shoots one from your vines you’re right it would be functionally identical as long as there is a node in spirit thorns that lets your projectiles pierce.

Correct, im not sure whether they can pierce or not, but one thing i do like is they have the homing ability to change targets if the target they were going after dies before getting there and is still within range. Or at least thats what it looks like in the video.

Not bad at all :slightly_smiling_face: