Druid Overhaul - Spriggan Form

Does it mean it’s moved to Shaman? Or totally removed?
I use it when I level a spell caster, Druid or Shaman. It makes a good fighting skill.
Let’s hope it will be replaced by something as good!

I guess u will not use single big root :joy:

Oh, wow. I’ll be just straight out honest here: I’m a bit disappointed by the Spriggan rework.

I’ll join the general feedback, that the lack of a movement skill might be a problem.

From just the clips my first impressions are:

• Movement looks awfully slow
  • The new model and the new skills look a lot nicer than before, but it’s not that they look impressive

When I compare the Spriggan to the Werebear it lacks dynamic, impact and style. The Bear clips transport that feeling of wildness and fury. The Spriggan clips transport more a feeling of slowness.

In my fantasy the Spriggan would raise his arm and let grow a dozen of vines out of it, jumping against the enemies in front of him, wrapping around them, slowing them and crush their bodies. Or it would form a big trunk out of his arm and slam the ground in front of it.

All the clips shown lack the feeling of impact.

I know that without playing you can’t really tell. But just from the looks the Spriggan is worlds away from the Werebear for me personally.

4 Likes

Whats with them😂

That spriggan form is sooooo good. I’m a sucker for treants and this is really top quality look right here. Awsome job, thanks. I have like 8 primalists I think, I love the class so much, this is just amazing all around.

Just here to echo the disagreement on “no movement ability for a tree man” fantasy, why can’t he use his nature magic to burrow through the ground as a vine would? I could see some “is immune to damage while burrowing and does damage when resurfacing” type of ability being really fun to play with.

I imagine Entangling Roots could be tied in as well “upon resurfacing you cast Entangling Roots on nearby enemies” or even something like “upon resurfacing you summon X amount of Vines to fight for you”, there’s a lot that could be done there that would make for a lot of fun while making sense. Make it a skill based ability where you burrow for X seconds up to X max distance and can (or even have to) cancel it for it to cause damage.

3 Likes

I really like the spriggan form art work you chose. much better than #3 :wink:

i’m also ok with the “no movement skill” idea IF you go further into the idea of something made of thorns and tough bark skin will have good resistance to damage.

so i would expect defensive passives in the tree which would compensate for lack of agility.

the thorn shield is definitely part of that, but additional armor or damage reduction, like a " bark skin" node or similar seems necessary.

if i’m going to have trouble running away, then i have to be tough enough to take the abuse…

oh no… that is a huge drawback. Maybe at least there’s enough movement speed in Spriggan tree? I don’t like playing like a snail.

1 Like

Up until now, Spriggan Form has been without a movement skill. This hasn’t been a topic of feedback that gets submitted very often at all. However, given the distinct focus of that point in this thread, we will take a close look at the relative speed and overall feeling of the form ahead of this patch and will update it if needed.

15 Likes

That is exactly what i head on mind

No movement skill is a bit concerning, not like you don’t have fury leap to help close the distance before initial transformation, but with part of the redesign being centered around the ability to stay in a form for extended amounts of time and a new resource to manage. I’d hope that there is some interactions between switching forms that would help a bit or perhaps a shorter CD if that’s the case.

The ice thorn removal is of note, I do hope there is an upgrade in the ranged skill department!

Will this be scaleable? Or just a flat set amount? Current forms of flat damage reflect that don’t scale because utterly useless the further into endgame you get. Really hope this is scaleable

Vale Spirits are being kept/improved upon? YES! I love that build.

I always wanted some kind of burrow skill while you slowly rott away your roots travel underground and resurface you somewhere else. Kind of Transplant with poison explosion on start while withering, a slow on the root pass and a knockback on emerge. Poof movement skill plus 3 possible nodes.
Problem is how to program this… do you still get dmg while withering? Is it an immu frame? Travel speed and distance? Are you targetable? Mehh…

I wish the Spriggan has some sort of mobility because every class without a mobility skill will have a very bad time in group content when everyone else is zooming arround.

It’ll likely scale with any % damage modifiers in the skill tree plus whatever element % increased they are. But yeah, it’s unlikely to be a main method of damage. It’s not like there’s much in the way of affix support for it either.

I never had an issue with spriggan movement to begin with. It would be nice if they got a minor buff in movement speed to compensate for no movement ability. I think another option to not get “stuck” in a group of mobs would be a good aoe knockback skill (Thorn Shield looks like it could be forceful enough to have a knockback node).

Maybe they will finally get it right and let it scale from adaptive, spell and phys. Then again I’m not certain its a great mechanic. Even bosses with auto attacks generally do them slowly and many have no auto attacks at all. That makes it difficult to make retaliation worthwhile against bosses without being OP against minion packs. It would make sense if the retaliation was a token amount for theme purposes and the real damage be backloaded into the end burst.

1 Like

Or shields that absorb damage and send it back at the end. That would make it functional as a defensive mechanic at least.

I would like to rename my crusader thorn bomb to a spriggan rootalitory thorn bomber

1 Like

Why do so many people ask for “movement skills”?
→ What does the old oak tree [tanky one] care if the wild boar scrubs against it? :slightly_smiling_face:

Why, after all, beer barrels exist. :blush: