Druid Overhaul Overview and Swarmblade Form

I’m guessing you mean that Tornado will be moved a base Primalist skill? Seems likely.

3 Likes

I really wanted the Spriggan form to be more of a spellcaster but he is looking more like minion/totem-summoner/support with a single spell. Thorn Shield is interesting but by no means adds to the Spriggan being a spellcaster, it seems to be designed as a reflect build.

This is the point I was trying to make. At the moment I get the feeling the Druid is leaning far too much towards melee/summoner with his three forms. The Spriggan form should be the spellcaster form but it isn’t from what has been shown.

If the selling point is to be able to do more than one thing, I want him to do that.-looking at Spirit Thorns

2 Likes

Well. I wondered if the new form would be interesting enough to get me to try it over the Bare (pun intended) overhaul. Looks like I won’t have to choose. Definitely going to do a back and forth between Bare and Bugs build.

Be a macestiv powerfull bear or an entangeling force of nature or… a bug? Looks good but I’m not a fan sadly but after all there is something else to play after bear and spriggan.

The Bear also has that Lighting support, shown in the teasers. This and the Tornado interaction makes me think that there is some room for spelldamage builds.

Let’s see if there are also additional damage conversions. The one conversion from player damage to minion damage is really interesting. This is a thing I’d wish to have on Sacrifice on the Lich/Necro, too.

I agree that somehow the expectation was more like having a pure caster style Form with the Spriggan. EHG didn’t go to far from the original concept though. I guess because a lot of people really like slapping vines playstyle.

But in the other hand they might also not want to turn the Spriggan Form into a Socerer with a just different theme.

At this point I’m really excited to play Bear and Swarmblade. Although the Spriggan looked a lot less slow in the new reveal teaser than in the small clips shown on the Spriggan reveal post.

In the end this aren’t masteries, but single skills.

Howdy, just came out of the woodwork to say that this update is looking very interesting. The bugman is looking pretty cool, though what makes me want to play the game again is the multi-form setup. I also have two questions regarding that part:

1. With a bear → bug → spriggan cycle, how will abilities scale? Bear has melee and melee oriented abilities, bug has melee and summoning, spriggan has summoning and spell. Will it be possible to get all of these to scale on the same stats, or will you have to optimize for one and then do pitiful damage on the rest? Is multi-form intended to be a “2 out of 3” system? Either bug → spriggan for summons or bear → bug for melee?
  2. Since shapeshifting requires an ability slot, multiform will leave us with 2 free abilities to integrate into the shapes. How will this impact build strength, especially now that it appears bugman will benefit from tornado and maelstrom (I assume these integrate)?

Anyhoo, thank you guys for the update, it is exciting to see.

Yes, very likely, good catch!

1 Like

Oh ok, you wanted a pure caster like elementalist and less like necromancer. They are both spellcaster for me but yeah Druid seems to be stuck in between those two subclass.

And even if i want to believe in a reflect build, it’s most likely to not be a thing here. Flat damage reflect with no way to triggering the effect outside of being attacked is always bad. So Thorn Shield will most likely to be a AoE damage burst (You stack it between waves and then explode in their face). But it’s just a guess without see him playing in live.

You already saw that Thorn proc the AoE root, he could also proc another one or Shield/Vine/Totem proc another. It will be limited to those but Pure Spellcaster Spriggan will be 100% viable. And to be fair even if in druid you could have 2 melee form, 2 summoner form but just one caster form it will be even weirder to me to include a casting ability for a Bear (with that design). And i like the vines. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will also add that maybe a Dual Form could unlock another way to be a Pure Spellcaster. Unlikely but we don’t know. ^^

Wow! Druid forms look so cool now I think I might just play a primalist finally :smiley:

1 Like

What the… don’t let the Spriggan hear that, buddy!

:deciduous_tree::fist_right::anger::boom::dizzy_face::dizzy:

2 Likes

If you do the Skeletal Mages cast Sacrifice spec it does scale from minion damage. Its also much smoother to play and easier on the mana than manual casting Sac as you can focus on casting your skeles where you want them.

That’s because it’s not using your Sacrifice skill, which is what Raw wanted.

1 Like

That’s what Shaman is for.

Shaman can be played as melee, spellcaster, totem summoner or hybrid. Why shouldn’t the Druid have more varied options?

If you decide to play as a spellcaster using one of the Druid forms, the spell choices appear limited. The initial feedback was meant for the Druid form overhaul, I understand that Primalist has other options for spellcasters.

I know you know the difference between a skill & a mastery Zaodon.

Don’t you?

Which skill is used for the Beastmaster spellcaster?

That wasn’t the question/point Dobs was trying to make. He never specified a mastery, only that he’d hoped that Spriggan form could be more of a caster.

So a thing about the shift to rage as a resource with the shapeshifting is it removes one of the big obstacles to shifting back to hoomin. That being, you are OOM from the shapeshift. I predict a pure Druid spellcaster will be one that shifts between tree and hoomin taking advantage of having two different resource bars.

Interesting idea. Hopefully some nice new spell builds will come from the new forms and the shapeshifting. Once we get to play him, I’ll probably end up eating my words.