Druid Overhaul Overview and Swarmblade Form

It would seem from the node that Swarm scales with your dmg baseline and you can change it to minion dmg.

1 Like

@Amarathy I think Nerubian was a good guess lmao

1 Like

What a great reveal!

Swarmblade is a nice name for that form. Never played an insectoid.

All these cool interactions. Multi form build looks awesome. Although again that Werebear just looks so brutally great! I love his animations.

Can’t wait to get my hands on that new stuff.

Loved the daily reveals. Do we get more for next week? Eternity Cache, Legendaries, Dungeons, you know?

This patch will be massive!!

2 Likes

This is so freaking cool!

1 Like

Personally I think bear form still looks super boring, though I never liked it in D2 either. Spriggan changes sound good and while the new model looks sick, I do kind of like the timid unassuming look of the old one. What I am most excited for is swarmblade. Holy heck does that [literally] look cool and also have a really neat kit. My first character was a druid because I normally don’t like the playstyle and didn’t want to get sick of playing an archetype i do like before full game release, but I might have to hit up some swarmblade asap

1 Like

Incredible! Everything looks absolutely stunning!

1 Like

outstanding.

some really fun and creative ideas at work for the new Druid.

Really fired up to try it out.

1 Like

I like everything! But the new form looks way too much as insect instead of humanoid insect.
The variations shown in the videos are pretty good. Personally I think picking one of them will be much better choice. Personally for me No1 and No2 are the best.

The Druid overhaul is looking so nice and I cannot wait to try out all the new possible builds.

My only negative and one that I’m really trying not to be disappointed by, is that he only has one spell in all of the three forms- Spirit Thorns. Apart from this single spell, the forms feel very melee/minion orientated. I get that you can proc some of the other spells from the form’s melee attacks but it doesn’t feel like we have a true Druid spellcaster, not even in Spriggan form(only a single spell).

Perhaps the plan is to make the human form druid the true spellcaster? If so, I can’t help feeling it’s a bit of a missed opportunity. Hopefully playing the character will change my opinion on this.

5 Likes

Hopefully there will be support for human form druid

My money was on “Killer Bee” or either “Queen Bee”

Can I haz second place?

I’m guessing the Bear is the beefy/tanky form, Spriggan for support/minion, Killer Bee, I mean Swarmblade as melee damage (with DoT) form, which would leave human form as the healer/support one at best.

Considering the 5 Druid skills will be 3 shapeshifts, Summan Spriggan & the new Roots, I think the tree will be 80-90% focused on shapeshifts/Rage. At best, I expect some “proc form skill X while having exited form recently” type of passives, rather than flat human form buffs. Maybe Shaman or Beastmaster will have some more support-oriented skills instead?

I don’t know what you are saying but Spriggan form is a Spellcaster Form. He is either a Caster or a Summoner. He will not use his weapon to bash ennemy to death. I will also say that Spriggan Form is a Skill, not a subclass, so yeah it’s limited BUT Druid as a subclass can switch role making him able to do more thing. That is his selling point.

Also, even if i say that, most of the time, that sort of gameplay is not really fonctional in game because if you can do a lot of thing (Caster/Brawler/Summoner) at the same time, you will always do less than a specialized in one form of combat. But i will definetly try if they succeed at mixing that sort of gameplay. Let’s give them a chance. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, if you want to be a pure caster as a Druid you will need to stick with either Thorn (+synergy) or/and Shield Thorn (+synergy). Or forget about that and stay as human but you will be more efficente with an other subclass.

Not a boat.
Refunded.
Unsubscribed.
Uninstalled.

1 Like

Wooow… Swarmblade looks soooo good, cant wait to try it

Wow, I would’ve never imagined!
Looks very fun !! :yum:

I’m guessing you mean that Tornado will be moved a base Primalist skill? Seems likely.

3 Likes

I really wanted the Spriggan form to be more of a spellcaster but he is looking more like minion/totem-summoner/support with a single spell. Thorn Shield is interesting but by no means adds to the Spriggan being a spellcaster, it seems to be designed as a reflect build.

This is the point I was trying to make. At the moment I get the feeling the Druid is leaning far too much towards melee/summoner with his three forms. The Spriggan form should be the spellcaster form but it isn’t from what has been shown.

If the selling point is to be able to do more than one thing, I want him to do that.-looking at Spirit Thorns

2 Likes

Well. I wondered if the new form would be interesting enough to get me to try it over the Bare (pun intended) overhaul. Looks like I won’t have to choose. Definitely going to do a back and forth between Bare and Bugs build.