Difficulty not being English

I am still going to open a controversial subject. I’m starting to get used to it now. I would ask you to spare me all the salt in the world, I would only give a personal and subjective opinion.

I realized through different conversations on this forum and in game, that what I think about the game was not totally true, or at least the real problem lies elsewhere. I criticize the MoF a lot because I find it boring. And it’s true it’s boring but the reason it was wrong.

Once again, many of you will read this text all at once, it will take them a few seconds, I was not English, this text will undoubtedly take me several minutes to be written, or even a good hour. It might sound silly but it isn’t, and this has a lot to do with how bored I am on LE today.

I asked myself the question which differentiates MoF from LE and a superior flaw from Diablo 3. In the end not much, I’m not going to say that doing flaw in diablo without incredibly more fun than on Last epoch. So why on diablo I have an amazing number of hours while Last epoch after 250 hours I’m bored like a rat bites. Of course I can play with diablo people and it changes everything, but not that I speak with people who speak my language whether in the guild chat or in voice, writing a simple message does not take me hours.

We also have vocal, via discord. For information in my language in French no discord (active, there is a discord but empty) on the horizon, why will you tell me? Because 80% of potential players are waiting for a translation, which from what I understood is clearly not for now, not before the official release of the game see after, that’s what he said on French discussions on unknown youtubers.

So today to be French (or not English) is to be completely alone. The chat is impossible to follow, the forum is cool but talking through a translator is often a problem. To be honest I apply myself in this text but I am sure that it will give something to sting the eyes, not very clear for the English.

So the salt will start, but as said above I have a lot of trouble understanding how an ARPG type game can be available (even in Beta) Without being really close to putting it online. Sorry but for me the end of the year is far away, and it is forecast. An ARPG without online is an empty bites game.

And it’s even truer when you speak English like a Spanish cow, (by the way, hello to Spanish to other non-English, this text is also for you)

I want to hear that it is not ready that there are difficulties, I am not saying that he rushed everything, but despite everything online is vital to those games. I come back to the difference between the faults of diablo and Last epoch, and you now understand why last epoch’s Endgame isn’t really for non-English people. Doing something repetitive alone in the world, without being able to chat or play with others. Its driving you crazy, and playing for over an hour is really good. So if I close my eyes to the online it hurts me but I don’t mind, it is not necessarily easy to set up, even if in this case this game should have remained in beta and closed in the meantime. But let’s move on I’m sorry but the multi-language translation, a multi-language chat, there is no excuse. For the 3 lines of text in the game scenario it’s not hard to do, the longest are the items and description and the tutorial. That’s all, somebody else on it and they’d be quick to finish even a rough translation. Tell you that creators of game content containing twice as much text and working alone (like on hack rom) the bottom line. Opening a chat for another language shouldn’t take hours either, again it sounds stupid for English, but I just saw a post from someone who was having trouble with the chat flawed. Imagine for someone who must quit the game go to an ext translator, in short it’s impossible.

So sincerely spend a certain number of hours on the game, well we get bored and we end up left abandoned. Today I’m tired of last epoch it’s a good game, but if you are English. Or you better like the factory and do the same thing constantly alone without anyone …

Because I hear on this forum about how the games could have an economic model, I would answer well to start to sell the game in Europe and more still by allowing at least a translated game and a chat. A large part of the concerns would already be resolved and we could be patient, because even without online if the community creates discord this creates ext, there would be a little social link on the games. And played like that would be easier. But again nothing of all its is planned before 2040 if we follow the schedule. (voluntary exaggeration, French humor to explain that it is not planned and yet it should already be there) So a French who loves the game, but he does not feel like this game will surely come back in 2040 too.

Sorry there is little double post problem but I can not find it to delete it … What a hassle … Good example of what I was saying …

Hey there.

I can tell you: You are not alone, over the years i found so many non-english speaker searching for fellow countrymen.

I did met some germans (i am german), who have issues with the language barrier and so we asked for langauge specific sub-sections in the forum or discord.
Here you can read, if you are interested:

But those got denied by EHG, because they need/would want people to moderate those.

There was another topic covering this, regarding “how easy it woudl be” to set up a chat channel for different languages:

Because of all of this me and 2 other german guys (@TriKster and @XLVI_carpo ) did create a Unofficial German LE Community Discord. (We are already 150+ members)

There is also a spanish le discord.

You could try to create a french LE community?

But i can understand that some more socializing in your native language could make the game way more attractive for you.

Months ago i sometimes logged into LE, just standing afk in the End Of Times answering questiosn in chat, not even actively playing.

4 Likes

Thank you above all for your non-judgmental response.
I can see that I am not the first to experience these difficulties.
Regarding the creation of French content or discord, you are right, failing to exist I could try to do it, apparently you other have succeeded, play well for that.

The idea is good, but I’m not sure to be able of it, but after all we don’t lose anything by trying. It is still quite unfortunate to have come to have to be even something of this size.

Wanted to write something, but Heavy was faster :laughing:

A good point to start is gathering some like minded people via this forum or reddit. There also are French content creators. You could find them on YouTube and Twitch. One way could be to involve them in your project. Or you join their established Discords/Communities.

2 Likes

If you can manage to find some other french-speaking members of the community, maybe you could do something together.

When we started out, i did set up the discord server, but for example @XLVI_carpo did helped out alot with some of the actual content inside the discord (like translations of news etc.)

Having enough people interested and some of them mabye even willing to invest into something, you could potentially grow a very healthy community.

2 Likes

Just tagging @Shtrak, because i know he is french.

Not sure if he has time or the will to do something, maybe you two could dm.

Even if you don’t end up creating a whole community, just having a few like-minded people to talk about your favorite games in your native language, can already give you the feeling of some sort of community.

Yes it is true, but the French is difficult to convince to invest. And most of them try to make their own way ^^.

I have already dealt with discords for only guilds in games, but it must not be that different

3 Likes

Thank you I did not know, yet I often talk to him. But we speak so little other language than English here, that I can speak to a lot of people without knowing their nationality. Proof I had no idea you were German

1 Like

Auf jeden Fall freue ich mich, Sie kennenzulernen. Entschuldigung, wenn dies nicht perfekt ist.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s crazy, that sometimes you write/discuss with people for days, weeks, maybe even months and don’t know where they are from.

I think i discussed quite a few topics with @TriKster and @XLVI_carpo for at least 1 or 2 months, until we randomly discovered, that we are all german xD

I also did a cool thread back then, i fee like i shoudl start a Part 2 on that one, since it’s already closed.

Sehr geil.
Ich freu mich auch dich kennen zu lernen. Dein Satz war sogar fast perfekt :stuck_out_tongue:

Je m’appelle Heavy et je suis heureux de te connaître aussi

1 Like

It was cool, good idea, indeed why and I thought I would not put the foot in the dish as they say and open a French discussion to find another person, but it can be a good idea.

When i meet any other french LE players, i will try to bring them in contact with you, if you don’t mind?

I kinda exposed @Shtrak here and i hope he is not mad at me (he did tell me that he is french in dm).

Not sure if everybody wants, that other people know where they are from.

For my part, no problem, it does not bother me at all. I don’t think it bothers shtrak, although I can’t assure you. But trying to bring together people of the same nationality is rather nice, we see that you have known this problem.

Btw, there was a french thread a while ago, not sure if the people in there are still active players, but maybe you wanna give them a dm.

Also @Natsul is french.

I know that from this thread:

thanks i am watching this

1 Like

Well, the digging operation is a failure the two subjects are closed. No problem I will open a new one ^^

I am not even European(and don’t even speak English), dude, so every video game is the same for me. So, yeah, learning English to play video games is a must, especially for people who barely speak English on daily basis.

I’ll start a new job in several days so I’ll have less time to participate, but I’m always happy to help! I will always stay in the global part of the community, but I’ll for sure be OK to play or talk with French people, or to help them if they don’t understand English.

BTW, @Arussa, your translation says “Diablo faults” but the right term is “Diablo rifts”. People may be confused by “faults” :wink:

2 Likes

Heya everyone ^^, yes i’m French, i really play the game a lot and i understand it in its entirety ^^. If you need help don’t hesitate to add me as a friend and to MP me on discord or on the forum!

Bonjour tout le monde, oui je suis une baguette ! j’ai vraiment jouer beaucoup au jeu et je le comprends dans son intégralité ^^. Si vous avez besoin d’aide n’hésitez pas à m’ajouter en ami et à me MP sur discord ou sur le forum !

Discord : Creamy#7118

3 Likes