Dev Q&A - We've sprung a leak!

You are a braver man than I.

I still think you should have won some sort of stream award for the last hot sauce stream. The suspense, the character developments, the twists and most importantly the temporary insanity. It was a wild ride.

2 Likes

Nah, @EHG_Mike can push the envelope a bit more than last time. Unless his beard sets on fire, it’s not spicy enough.

1 Like

Mike showcasing the new IRL self Ignite Primalist

1 Like

This will be soooo much fun to see. I hope you’re right.

2 Likes

I make my own mead and I did a batch that used honey infused with carolina reapers.

It is soooooooooooo friggin good.

1 Like

Stream today is a go!

2 Likes

The following sections were updated since the November 25, 2022 dev stream (the links below bring you directly to that section of this thread):

Dev Q&A Leaks

• Enemies

• Temple Guardian rework
    • a new unnamed bird/insect enemy
  • Miscellaneous

• ability buff VFX’s - some new buff VFX for various abilities on the Sentinel, including new potion VFX

Social Media Leaks

• Enemies
    • Void Spider - the following was posted with it; “The currently named Void Spider is quite honestly terrifying, and we are looking forward to possibly seeing it in-game in the future.”
  • Miscellaneous
    • Scenery Concept Art - this image was posted on Nov. 24 alongside EHG wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Dev Blog Leaks - no new updates to this section

Lastly, I continue to add Leak/Q&A timestamps in the comments section of the dev stream once uploaded to YouTube:

4 Likes

The following sections were updated since the December 2, 2022 dev stream (the links below bring you directly to that section of this thread):

Dev Q&A Leaks

• Enemies

• a new enemy - Hydra’s
    • a tease of what the students now look like in the Pannion’s Study fight
  • Non-Visual

• Mike talks about some new camera movement updates that are in the pipeline, specifically stating it’s not camera shake, and hopefully it won’t be tied to that setting as I always turn it off

Social Media Leaks

• Enemies
    • four Imperial Era enemies were shown off in some new concept art

Dev Blog Leaks

Also, I continue to add Leak/Q&A timestamps in the comments section of the dev stream once uploaded to YouTube:

Lastly, if you haven’t read this comment Judd posted on Reddit this past Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 then I highly recommend it.

3 Likes

Curious what that would be :thinking:

Imagine having finishing moves for the last monster in range, having the camera zoom in and show the kill in slow motion while spinning around the target 360 :laughing:

Fatality!

2 Likes

Haha, that would be both funny and annoying to see, but Mike does say that it’s a very subtle effect – whatever these camera movements turn out to be. He talks about it from 1:53:28-1:54:05 and 1:55:00-1:56:10 of the dev stream.

Also, I forgot to mention that Reimerh said that Rive is receiving a mini-rework that’s already been completed. Though, just beforehand, Mike does state that a lot of skills are receiving little changes this patch cycle so this type of news could potentially be applied across the board for all skills – to varying degrees of course. Many of these changes I imagine come from the entire game audit QA staff performed for every single node of every single skill. It’ll certainly be fun testing the results of all these updates.

FINISH HIM!!!

3 Likes

The following sections were updated since the December 9th, 2022 dev stream (the links below bring you directly to that section of this thread):

Dev Q&A Leaks

• Armour
    • concept art for a Primalist armour set, which was previously shown on social media and can also be found in the social media leaks section
  • Skills
    • VFX update for Warpath
  • Non-Visual
    • Mike announces the initial languages currently planned to be available for launch. These are: Simplified Chinese, French, German, Brazil-Portuguese, Spain-Spanish, Polish, Korean, and Russian.
    • Mike talks about how objects (such as waypoints) are currently interacted with when the LMB is held down rather than them explicitly requiring a unique click, which is functionality they’ve now added.

Social Media Leaks

• Armour
    • concept art for a Sentinel armour set
  • Enemies
    • I added this a day after posting my update in this thread last week, so if you missed it there were four Imperial Era enemies shown off in some new concept art
  • Skills
    • VFX update for Warpath, the same video shown during the dev stream

Dev Blog Leaks - no new updates to this section since last week

Also, I continue to add Leak/Q&A timestamps in the comments section of the dev stream once uploaded to YouTube:

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone has noted this, but the weapon render noted in the misc section, those are definitely the new weapons for the reaper form…or at least I think so given we know we are getting new reaper. Seems to look similar to what is in game already for the reaper…at least the same style.

Will find out soon enough. This blog is fantastic btw.

2 Likes

Yeah, you could definitely be right on the money with this. Those two (the new Reaper Form and weapon renders) certainly line up and make a lot of sense together.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

The following sections were updated since the December 16th, 2022 dev stream (the links below bring you directly to that section of this thread):

Dev Q&A Leaks

• Enemies
    • 3D render of the updated Jahith Bear
    • no specific name was given but concept art for a new underground enemy, similar to the Draal Worker in social media leaks, was shown
    • 3D render of the updated Soul Cage Warden
  • Miscellaneous
    • new spear weapon type animations for Rogue, with this leak specifically showcasing the Cinder Strike skill while using a spear

Social Media Leaks

• Enemies

• not actually shown on social media, but Judd shared a large image of the new Jahith Bear render with Mike (which he shared on stream) and I’ve shared it again here in this section
    • concept art for a new underground enemy, the Draal Worker
    • no specific name was given, but concept art for an Underground Wildlife Enemy was shown
    • the updated Soul Cage Warden is compared against the version it’s replacing, and the same 3D render shown during the dev stream is shown again here
  • I’m not sure how to classify this “leak”, so I’ll just share what was said in the social media post along with the short video clip below:

Also, I should point out that the entire December 16, 2022 dev stream was played in the CT environment by both Mike and Judd, so it further showcases the current state of online play within Last Epoch for those interested.

Lastly, the dev stream on January 6, 2023 was probably the most fun I’ve personally had watching – all at the expense of Mike’s sanity – as he died a record 10 times while playing at 300 corruption. @ActionRPG actually made a compilation video of these deaths here, though he does omit the 10th death but that can be viewed here.

Both his 9th and 10th deaths are epic boss fights against the Emperor of Corpses, but suffered from audio issues. That last fight, in particular, provided you were there live on Twitch had the audio get messed up in the most hilarious way with both the pitch and speed of Mike’s voice being increased to levels that absolutely killed me. I was dying laughing. :rofl:

Thanks for these streams @EHG_Mike. It’s always a great time to watch.

4 Likes

These are the new arms for Abomination when you consume Wraiths - obviously.

Finally!! Thank god! It’s always so weird to see characters hacking and slashing when wielding a spear. That always reminds me of Homer Simpson pretending he’s a handyman and hitting wooden planks with a saw as if it was a hammer (while in the background Marge had build all that stuff).

1 Like

The following sections were updated since the January 13th, 2023 dev stream (the links below bring you directly to that section of this thread):

Dev Q&A Leaks

• Uniques
    • Firestarter’s Torch, a low level unique, was shown
    • showcased gameplay for a new unique
    • the last teaser is an image that features a few new things; a catalyst (which I assume is a new unique), as well as two previously shown leaks; one of the Acolyte armours and the model for Summon Bone Golem

Social Media Leaks

• Enemies
    • no specific name was given, but concept art for a second Underground Wildlife Enemy was shown. As mentioned in the post, “this creature hides and pretends to be a plant”.

1 Like

The following sections were updated since the January 20th, 2023 dev stream. However, that particular stream wasn’t uploaded to their YT channel so I’ve used @ActionRPG’s recap video as the source for some of these leaks. The links below bring you directly to those sections of this thread:

Dev Q&A Leaks

• Skills

• a 3D render of the new Summon Bear was shown.
    • concept art of the Rogue’s Falcon summon was shown. This leak is tied specifically to the Falconer mastery so it won’t be available until 1.0. Judd also talks about his desire to just pump out as many cosmetics for this falcon as he can. :laughing:
  • Enemies

• a new void wolf/dog type creature was shown off
    • a reworked enemy (possibly some type of Rahyeh soldier) was shown off
  • Miscellaneous

• new ability icons were shown for the Acolyte class. Though, if you played in the Multiplayer Invitational you likely noticed that several abilities outside of Acolyte also received this treatment.
    • new affixes were shown on an amulet; “X% increased area for area skills” and adaptive “+X throwing damage” affixes. Again, if you played in the Multiplayer Invitational you probably noticed a new Scaling Tag named Area for that increased area affix.
    • Mike showed some cool new splash art of a giant ship docked in harbour

Social Media Leaks

• Armour
    • a new Mage 3D armour model was shown in one of the promotional materials for the Pack the Server Party event.
    • a new Primalist 3D armour model was shown.
  • Skills
    • the same concept art of the Rogue’s Falcon summon was also shown here.
  • Enemies
    • concept art of the Draal Queen was shown.
  • Miscellaneous
    • concept artwork of the Rogue, Primalist, and Mage classes together was used in an ad for the Pack the Server Party event.

Also, several of the uniques available in the multiplayer events were showcased across Reddit and YouTube. However, as Trasochi points out in one of the threads below, “Please keep in mind that the numbers may change before 0.9, and some of them have placeholder 2D art.”

And lastly, I’ll leave you with this…which I can only assume @EHG_Steve had a hand in creating. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol. Alex and I got ahold of Wombo a few weeks ago and started having ourselves a grand time. :slight_smile:

1 Like