Dev Q&A - We've sprung a leak!

Updated with the three most recent Dev Q&A Leaks shown during the November 18, 2022 dev stream. These include: new concept art for a Rogue armour set, and VFX updates for both the Shatter Strike and Rive skills. Unfortunately, video playback of the Rive update wasn’t working correctly, however you can still see the same video in the Social Media Leaks section.

In addition, Mike mentioned a couple things I found interesting: increased cooldown recovery speed changes for movement abilities and a Fury Leap update – both are listed in the Non-Visual sub-section. Not listed there, but something I’ll add here, is Mike cryptically discussing some future news about the stream. My guess is a future multiplayer dev stream, but we’ll see.

The Social Media Leaks section saw three new additions: concept art for two new enemies (with the latter being part of a LE game giveaway for helping name the monster – congrats to those that won) and a VFX update of the Rive skill.

Lastly, I forgot to mention it last week but I’m still adding Leak/Q&A timestamps in the comments of recently added dev streams once they’ve been uploaded to YouTube. The two most recent streams being:

3 Likes

Nah, it’s clearly going to be him & the other devs showing their new racing sim which is what they’ve pivoted LE to (which is why 0.9 has taken so much time).

7 Likes

Finally, I’ve been waiting for a meta build around “damage increased for every X% movement speed” and this is it!!

Haha, that’d be pretty sweet. On the topic of future news, Judd recently posted this on Reddit:

Looking forward to both pieces of upcoming news. :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: Judd’s follow-up post on November 25, 2022:

8 Likes

I’m excited and scared simultaneously.

Hopefully Mike is just teasing another hot sauce stream where during his millions of scoville unit delirium he reveals patch day, much to Judd’s dismay.

2 Likes

I just bottled my hot sauces this year too. Did an orange one as an experiment. Actually really good.

3 Likes

can’t wait for it. But how about the exp dungeon :innocent:

Given that it is Thanksgiving week in the States, I assume EHG is closed down Thursday if not Friday as well. So we may see news sooner than later then?!? But that may be why it was noted as hopefully in Judd’s reddit post.

But also not everyone is in the States so maybe part of EHG is working.

I believe that, if not most employees then a significant minority, are outside the US.

You are a braver man than I.

I still think you should have won some sort of stream award for the last hot sauce stream. The suspense, the character developments, the twists and most importantly the temporary insanity. It was a wild ride.

2 Likes

Nah, @EHG_Mike can push the envelope a bit more than last time. Unless his beard sets on fire, it’s not spicy enough.

1 Like

Mike showcasing the new IRL self Ignite Primalist

1 Like

This will be soooo much fun to see. I hope you’re right.

2 Likes

I make my own mead and I did a batch that used honey infused with carolina reapers.

It is soooooooooooo friggin good.

1 Like

Stream today is a go!

2 Likes

The following sections were updated since the November 25, 2022 dev stream (the links below bring you directly to that section of this thread):

Dev Q&A Leaks

• Enemies

• Temple Guardian rework
    • a new unnamed bird/insect enemy
  • Miscellaneous

• ability buff VFX’s - some new buff VFX for various abilities on the Sentinel, including new potion VFX

Social Media Leaks

• Enemies
    • Void Spider - the following was posted with it; “The currently named Void Spider is quite honestly terrifying, and we are looking forward to possibly seeing it in-game in the future.”
  • Miscellaneous
    • Scenery Concept Art - this image was posted on Nov. 24 alongside EHG wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Dev Blog Leaks - no new updates to this section

Lastly, I continue to add Leak/Q&A timestamps in the comments section of the dev stream once uploaded to YouTube:

4 Likes

The following sections were updated since the December 2, 2022 dev stream (the links below bring you directly to that section of this thread):

Dev Q&A Leaks

• Enemies

• a new enemy - Hydra’s
    • a tease of what the students now look like in the Pannion’s Study fight
  • Non-Visual

• Mike talks about some new camera movement updates that are in the pipeline, specifically stating it’s not camera shake, and hopefully it won’t be tied to that setting as I always turn it off

Social Media Leaks

• Enemies
    • four Imperial Era enemies were shown off in some new concept art

Dev Blog Leaks

Also, I continue to add Leak/Q&A timestamps in the comments section of the dev stream once uploaded to YouTube:

Lastly, if you haven’t read this comment Judd posted on Reddit this past Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 then I highly recommend it.

3 Likes

Curious what that would be :thinking:

Imagine having finishing moves for the last monster in range, having the camera zoom in and show the kill in slow motion while spinning around the target 360 :laughing:

Fatality!

2 Likes

Haha, that would be both funny and annoying to see, but Mike does say that it’s a very subtle effect – whatever these camera movements turn out to be. He talks about it from 1:53:28-1:54:05 and 1:55:00-1:56:10 of the dev stream.

Also, I forgot to mention that Reimerh said that Rive is receiving a mini-rework that’s already been completed. Though, just beforehand, Mike does state that a lot of skills are receiving little changes this patch cycle so this type of news could potentially be applied across the board for all skills – to varying degrees of course. Many of these changes I imagine come from the entire game audit QA staff performed for every single node of every single skill. It’ll certainly be fun testing the results of all these updates.