Crow Bear Earthquake 0.8.2e Build

So far this feels like the closest thing to a POE endgame build that I’ve played in LE.

Only difference is in POE the gear would’ve been almost impossible to find by now or cost a fortune on trade.

Helm affix is a nightmare tho, only come across about 5 of them to level 90 so far and 3 of them failed to Shatter.

Still, awesome work coming up with this build, it was hilarious fun.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m quite enjoying the build, but crows are dying non stop in empowered mono even with all the possible life regen on gear :’(. Is there anything that could be considered to replace them?

Can the earthquake use game from the beginning?

No, but I used it with my leveling build when I unlocked it. However, it cannot be your main attack skill before endgame.

thank you for your reply!

Hello All and first, I apologize for my poor english level :slight_smile:
First, thank you to Boardman for his excellent job testing !
My remark is for the skills link in desciption (talnt tree) and skills used in the video and in the planner build … they doesn’t match.
Could you help me by making a correction please?

Just wanted to point out that while ancient call is 6 points, it requires 1 point in Primal Medicine to get there. So you would essentially be spending 1 point for 30% minion health. Might be worth for QoL.

Welcome to the community!

You can use either that you prefer the changes are minor.

This is true, however you could do what i did and trade the 60 health and 30% minion health for 1 point in Primal medicine and 5 points in ancient call for 50 health, 50% companion health, 25% revive speed, 5% dmg to minion and 50% of potion heal given to minion, much better combination to me to trade 10hp for all the companion extra’s.

Also, boardman you didnt take the point out of werebear that gives free crits with swipe! remove that point and throw it in the armor passive for an extra +50 and 5% armor since swipe isnt used after the switch to dash + EQ

I’m also assuming that the builder link isn’t optimised. You should drop the coral base ring with health regen, you want your health regen as low as possible so you get more ward per second from boots + chest, drop the endurance roll on relic you don’t need it you’re always way under it, drop the mana regen roll on belt since you never use any and can’t regen while transformed anyway/ Turquoise base amulet gives you nothing since crows do no damage anyway, swap to a more useful base and swap the critical strike chance roll on amulet for spell damage for crit chance AND melee damage.

1 Like

How does the build work exactly? I am not certain I understand how to sustain the % of health loss by items per second and I don’t understand why we stack life if we have a low life build with a lot of ward. Thanx for the help!

The chest/boots drain a % of your current hp & give you a % of your missing hp as ward/sec. So you want to stack as much hp as possible to maximise the ward/sec. They can’t kill you as the drained hp/sec will eventually stabilise to the same figure as your hp regen.

If you have 1,000 hp, a hp regen of 10/sec & maxxed boots (so 35% of current hp lost & 35% of missing hp → ward/sec), you’ll initially loose hp at 340 hp/sec (35% of 1k = 350, less your regen of 10). After some time the 10 hp regen/sec will match your 35% of current hp drained and your hp will remain stable (at ~28.6 hp) and you’ll have ward/sec of (1,000 - 28.6) x 0.35 = 340 per sec.

Your ward will then stabilise at a figure dependent on your ward/sec (~340/sec assuming you have no other sources) and your ward retention (4%? per point of Int plus any you can get from gear/idols).

Thanx I understand better now. The higher HP the higher ward/sec is generated

1 Like

hello, are you able to give a highlevel guide on the passive node leveling? like finish all primalist(except berserker) then beastmaster, druid, shaman?

Use this for 1-75:

Then transition and respec when you have the weapon and at least the boots or chest, it doesn’t work anywhere near as well with just the boots but you can make it work to get the 30% dmg reduction and 100% more from beserker until you get the chest like i did, had around 2.5k-3k ward until i got the chest but you’re virtually unkillable anyway at anything other than legendary echoes and high wave arena. If its your first character and you don’t have the weapon, you’re gonna have to stay with swipe until you get it since it makes the build work.

thank you for this, i missed the video while reading thru! i do have the weapon but missing the 2 uniques hopefully i get the chest during campaign :slight_smile:

Don’t your eyes hurt from those fire earthquake explosions? It gave me a huge headache this afternoon while doing monoliths

Thanks for the guide btw, and for the great work you are doing.

Would love to play this build but I feel the Devs will change the interaction between the weapon and earthquake skill tree n destroy it in the process. I really hope they will leave it alone. Shatterstrike is capable of 500k dam every few secs after firebrand stacks.

Hi, thanks for making all the great builds and keeping them updated. Was enjoying your werebear/spriggan build till it got nerfed, playing your Hammerdin build now and farming for this werebear/earthquake build. I got the boots and working towards the higher monoliths to get the weapon but still no luck on the chest.
Do you have any tips to target farm the chest?
Sofar I’ve leveled up 3 chars and killed the act 1 boss several times but no luck.

It’s basically confirmed that there will be change for the build in the 8.3/8.4 by the devs. What will they nerf or not remain to be seen, but they also said that if they can, they will leave the weapon alone and instead concentrating on the tree nodes, though don’t quote me on this. TBH i also think that bear earthquake build is kinda OP and need to be nerf after playing it for over a month. What kind of nerf would it be it’s up to the devs, i just hope that they only nerf the nodes number, dps or the stun and not the interaction between the weapon and the skills.

But it’s the weapon & the low cooldown on Charge that’s the problem not the skill per se. Earthquake was never a particularly common skill before the weapon was introduced, presumably due to the cost, which is a pity as I’ve done a non-Werebear EQ build that manually casts EQ as well as having procs via Fury Leap & it’s not bad.