Crash Entering The Courtyard

I’ve actually had this issue with a few other areas but one that has been consistent is The Courtyard. So far, every time I load into that zone, the game crashes. Logs attached below.

All drivers and OS updates appear to be up to date. I’m currently running on a Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 with the game running on the GTX 1650 GPU.

Let me know what else I can provide, I tried following the links in the stickies to make sure I am posting the right things but they’re giving a not found error, such as https://support.lastepoch.com/article/39-the-games-log-file and https://support.lastepoch.com/article/79-collecting-system-information. These links are broken on Please Read Before Posting in Technical Support

Player.log (2.3 MB)
error.log (28.2 KB)

I’ve also had issues where loading into a zone (any zone) it would make my screen black, but would not crash. Once this crashing issue is resolved, I’ll open a new thread and provide any logs in case it’s not related to the crashing issue.

I would recommend trying to verify your games files if you haven’t done so yet.

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

Yeah, EHG updated the Support Website but missed updating some of the references to specific pages… Sorry about that.

Regarding your issue… I cannot see what settings you are attempting to play the game at (le_graphicsmanager.ini) but from your description of the problem (crashing on loading new maps) and the Direct3D errors in the player.log/error.log I would guess that you are experiencing the known performance instability which happens when you attempt to run the game at settings the hardware cannot handle. Remember LE is beta and is currently unoptimised so its generally accepted that you have to be conservative with the settings to improve stability.

The specific errors reported in the player.log are all texture and shader based - which is usually what happens when the game tries to unload an existing map and load a new one - i.e. transfer data from the system ram to the gpu vram (and other things).

d3d11: failed to create 2D texture id=10133 width=2048 height=512 mips=12 dxgifmt=78 [D3D error was 8007000e]
d3d11: failed to create 2D texture shader resource view id=10133 [D3D error was 80070057]

After a few dozen of these, you start getting System Memory errors etc… and the wheels come off…

Assuming no problems with your game install (verify game files), OS patches, GPU drivers or any third party apps causing conflicts, I would guess that settings are the main issue on your system.

Looking at your hardware, I am going to assume that you are using the fastest 1650 GPU for your laptop - which, according to Lenovos website, is the 1650-Ti Mobile version… This is roughly 30% slower than the recommended 1060 Desktop GPU - which means (based on my experience using a 1060 and helping out here) that you should be running the game on mostly Very Low settings @ 1080p with a max framerate of 60fps (probably 50fps to be safe) and special features like shadows etc, on their lowest settings or disabled.

i.e. 1080p, Very Low settings, max 60fps, special features disabled.

You also need to make 100% sure that the game ONLY runs on the 1650 GPU and that your laptop doesnt try and use Hybrid graphics at any time while playing LE. This is important as its known to cause problems. You can set this in the driver or in windows advanced graphics settings… and make 100% sure your laptop is in performance mode when playing.

These changes should allow the game to run more stably.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.