Craft Fake % succes

Ok after a lot of crafting I can say that the risks/probabilities might be right but my opinion is that it has become incredibly difficult to craft high Tier items.
You either find a T17 item or you have to get incredibly lucky. This might be intended to find the best items and make them a little bit better but my next point cant be intended.

Crafting from a White/clean base is impossible if you want to get something useful. Your risk of fracturing goes up so fast that you cant go over T10-T12 if you are lucky. That makes no sense. If you find that good base with well rolled implicits you cant craft it into something useful.

The System needs some balance or New types of glyphs to influence the crafting process.

1 Like

It’s actually worse now, because the last patch nerfed crafting.

Thats also why i suggested splitting it into another thread, because i don’t think is positive maintain a thread with such a negative title that its not true, but of course that just a personal opinion and i don’t try to censor you guys or anything just think that would be better make another called craft chance suggestions and help for new players or something like that.

Please don’t take it bad and angry with me :sweat_smile:

I’m not. I was just pointing out how it could look.

WHY do they call it crafting? It is in reality a gear upgrade lottery.
A crafter gets better at what he does, here not. A level 1 noob has the same chances as Boardman21.
So either make it an upgradeable skill like all the rest or rename it from Forge to Wheel of Fortune., from crafting to lottery
Putting lipstick on a pig doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a pig.

I hate excessive rng. Please don’t cater primarily to the hive minded mega farmers with no family or prospect thereof. This game is already boring from the moment you end the campaign for this reason. Farm, farrm, farm is boring, boring, boring.

Being a bad PoE clone is not making me stick around.

2 Likes

bye bye!

1 Like

The current crafting system is a weird combination of deterministic crafting mixed with gambling. I can see why - game would be too easy if you could guarantee certain stats at a certain level in a genre that doesn’t want you to do that. I personally think the combination is off. As long as success rate is shown, you will always have people pissed off about the perceived fake success rate.

EHG is probably already working on something - but it would be great to see shards reworked. Instead of shards dropping for certain stats, it would be nice to see the them grouped up into certain shards, for a lack of a better word. Shard x can give you stats a, b, c, d, e, f, g etc. A and g may be highly prized stats while the rest are trash. Shard y can remove stats a, b, c, d, e, f, g from an item. A and g are valuable, rest are not. People don’t like bringing up POE, but could also bring in the fracture system in a different implementation.

There’s so many ways to bring in depth to crafting while retaining the essence of the genre. The current system is too flawed conceptually to keep that loot loop going. It just straight up doesn’t feel fun or rewarding. Granted the game is still in EA, but this is a pillar that should be nailed or it doesn’t bode well in the future.

2 Likes

Lol I have never heard that saying but I love it :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s exactly the result. I logged on to check out the new echo system after patch and while there was a bit more lipstick, it was even more farmy.
I’ll still follow the progress but am not playing anymore. Booooring end game.

And I love your attitude. Typical of a closed minded hive behavior where any other views are wrong and that those people better leave. ROFL

Thanks! But I don’t appreciate your attitude with statement like these

Look at the tone of your own post and ask if you deserve any respect and consideration.

3 Likes

I thought it was funny, lol

Wanted to chime in and say I like the idea of combining surplus materials to influence the odds of success chances. Reading further replies, I understand this could be exploited and see lots of concerns regarding the deterministic crafting sullied by “rng simulator”. I’m still excited to see how they expand on these systems while retaining the positive aspects.

I feel we all agree LE in it’s infancy has plenty of room to grow and there have been plenty of ideas thrown around in this thread alone.

2 Likes

Only skimmed the thread a bit but the answer seems clear to me:
OP just needs to believe a bit more and hit that craft button with a determined heart.

Half-assed attempts with a negative outlook on the result will obviously just spite the dice rolling dwarf inside your wage-cage forge.

5 Likes

Thats not correct, with the current crafting system you will never ever get a useful item if you start with a clean base. You will get to T12 if you are lucky thats it. They have to add further materials to the crafting process to make it more useful.
The rare occasions when you find a good base with maybe good implicits and well rolled, then it will brick WAY WAY too often. Even with 75% success rate you can upgrade the item 3 times, statistically it will brick on the 4th try and this would result in uprading affixes 3 Tier in total. Not loving it so far.

1 Like

yes you won’t get it high on Affixes and that is intended. You need to find good crafting bases with tiers of Affixes you want already on them.

Maybe they don’t want you to be able to craft all the way up to t20 from white. Maybe they want item drops from mobs to have a roll to play in gearing…

That said, you also really don’t need a perfect implicit t20 to do empowered monoliths.

With a strong will and enough faith, all odds can be overcome. If all else fails, add in the power of friendship.

1 Like

Then nuke them from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

1 Like

as a 5head i am willing to accept the risk :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The more I interact with this system, the less I like it. It was definitely novel at first, but it wears thin very quickly. I’ve said it plenty, but it just feels awful to interact with. Worse, it keeps the rest of loot from being interesting. I hope they rethink it before too many other players end up feeling how I do about it–and especially before launch.