Craft Fake % succes

Yeah, I’m not entirely sure either, tbh. There’s a ridiculous number of other potential systems to consider, but what fits the game and those goals is a whole other question.

I agree with you there. It’s not a bad crafting system in a technical sense but it certainly doesn’t feel good which in itself actually makes it bad. A crafting system I, and/or the majority of players, dread interacting with is bad no matter how you look at it.

If there was a way to restore fractured items it might be acceptable but the fact that you can’t just makes it frustrating in a very unfun way.

Sure there’s people suggesting revamping or tweaking the system while removing the RNG but just some way to restore fractured items would go a long way to seeing if the current system is still salvageable with minimal changes.

2 Likes

It’s also a question of whether some lucky RNG should be enough to shortcut you into a good item or if it’s better to offer consistency through grind. This is where I think the option to pay extra shards for better success rate is pretty useful–it makes room for both. It lets players weigh the pros/cons of going for the cheaper, but luck-based approach, or if they should just go slow and steady knowing that it’s significantly more costly in both time and resources.

It’s not a perfect solution, but I think it’s worth examining at minimum–maybe worth trying.

1 Like

Ya, that does make sense. If we could get that, using more resources for eliminating RNG, plus a way to restore fractured items (more costly than if you didn’t rely on RNG) it would be a decent system to test.

Hopefully we’ll see that or something similar from the devs.

1 Like

I think this is likely to be one of those either/or scenarios since each makes the other a bit moot, other than cost.

That all said, I’m probably done with this game for today. With no exaggeration whatsoever, my last 5 items with less than 10% failure rate all fractured on first try. Call it bad luck, but feels shitty either way. Makes it feel like you’re not allowed to interact with the system at all.

#2 is probably the best suggestion I have seen so far.

The other option is to do a two step purification such as smelting steel

1. Rune of Purification: (removes sulfur, phosphorus, and excess carbon) which could equate to reduced instability
  2. Rune of Bonding: (alloying elements such as manganese, nickel, chromium, and vanadium) which could equate to increase success rate.

I think it would be better for a moderator to close or split this thread because the op already have his answer from a dev and there is a lot of things that i would qualify as offtopic, people could start to complain again about the same issue if this post keep with high activity saying again the same things that are already answered and giving a false sensation that this happen and is not a subjective way of look bad luck.

Nothing personal, i dont expect to offend anyone with this post but i think that this thread is already solve.

Mike’s comments are what opened it up for further discussion. This is all the same topic just a few loose comments. Albino’s recommendation based on the title he gave “craft fake % success” is appropriate. I am responding to a suggestion that the OP posted about and gave a proposal. Plus, Mike states they are actively working on solutions and tweaks to the crafting system. Success and failure is inheritly attached to that process.

1 Like

Its a Ducks Hat.

1 Like

It’s true that in a very specific, narrow sense, the OP’s original issue was addressed, but the other replies are (mostly) still topical because they are closely related to the issue the OP brought up as well as Mike’s responses.

Further, I think closing a thread under the reasoning suggested would be taken negatively–as trying to discourage discussion of the topic. This isn’t a look that EHG wants, as far as I understand them. Unless things get wildly off-track or devolve into severe hostility, I don’t think it’s appropriate to close the topic.

3 Likes

I think you have to get negative experiences of bricking certain alrdy great items in order to get that overwhelming feeling when you turn that alrdy great item into a BIS item.
Lama also said that removing a layer of RNG will make crafting an item editor basically which cant be something players want. Everyone has experienced that frustration of bricking a great item but probably also the feeling of creating an extraordianry item.

I’m wondering if the graphic of the item cracking is what is making it feel so bad for some people. On some deep phycological level. Now that just about everything in this world has a screen on it (even fridges wtf), I’m wondering if that fear of seeing a screen shatter is tying into some unshakable feeling of bad. We all treat these devices so carefully that when something does break it immediately puts that shitty feeling in the pit of your stomach.

It could be triggering a reaction that we have been conditioned to feel.

No, I do not think it is that. It is more difficult in finding the right base item. Then on the 1st or 2nd try bricking the item when it is above 80% success rate as the primary frustration points. Since it does not show the dice roll your instant reaction in low probability rolls is anger and disbelief.

3 Likes

That’s a feature that I find I like in some of the D&D tabletop pc games I have tried. Just that little bit of added animation to show you how you rolled instead of relying on the system to calculate it behind the scenes and then act without you knowing what happened.

My experience with crafting has been different. Instead of trying to find the right base, I’m crafting on anything that has 2 natural Tier 5 rolls. If it bricks I don’t sweat it because it was just for fun anyway. If it crafts to T20 I bank it and maybe can use it on another build I think of. This way I have built up a lot of T20 crafts just waiting to be used when I think of something to build around them with.

Yea, you know that is my background. I am also a statistics nerd in that I can calc probabilities in my head so that’s the other part.

That’s just it. The few times it feels “good,” it doesn’t feel that good. It’s more that it just didn’t disappoint you. It’s not as exciting as finding something valuable/useful that you actually want.

Yeah true. But I also have the impression the items brick a lot more with high percentages. If you craft something onto an item 5 times with 80% means it would brick once in those 5 times which means it has to have some other high Tier affixes which are useful to make it because it will brick very soon in the crafting process even with the Guardian Rune.

I was crafting some oil flask relics. I would get 2-3 of the stats I want from the drop and have open slots left to craft on. 100% of these bases would be under 11 in total tier value but would have a T4 or T5 in a really valuable stat. As soon as I went to put the total up to 12 no matter the stat or percent they fractured.
At one point I had 70 of these oil flasks all with a total of 11 tiers in stats. I ran out of room then shattered most of them. That experiment was why I questioned the validity of the system, before Mike commented on it.

Ill hold off on judgement b/c they have said they are working on changes but as it currently stands the system is just 100% broken.

Please dont tell me its just “me only remembering the breaks” b/c at 316 hours played ive fractured every single exalted critical strike multiplier or spell critical strike chance ive ever dropped at 10-15 instability.

In that 316 hours ive also only ever crafted two tier 20 items, im that guy who gets absolutely screwed while some other guy can just magically whackamole every other item to 60 instability without a fracture.

Well have to wait and see what they have planned but im optimistic that the developer that participated in this thread didnt exactly sound thrilled with the current crafting system himself.

Ill play more and craft more and Post my experiences here then.