Craft Fake % succes

Ya with improvements to the layers of RNG and more endgame content its easy to see this game will be great.

Regardless though the fact that you guys are transparent and communicate with the player base gives you a huge leg up on alot of other games. Its refreshing to see games where the people in charge actually play the game on regular characters/accounts.

Im anxious to see what comes down the road, I monitor the forums and announcements. Hopefully we get more control over our progression in time, idm grinding until my eyes bleed but I need to see something for it.

2 Likes

Just to clarify - this isn’t exactly like MS2’s system or as bad as MS2. MS2 materials for RNG crafting were time gated, you could only gather so many of these materials weekly. You could be a player doing all the available content weekly and still be behind someone who did a portion of the content each week because RNG and limited materials each week was a toxic combination that drove many people to quit the game including myself.

In LE we don’t have time gated materials, you can go farm as much as you want. What I would appreciate however, if there was a way to exchange less desirable crafting materials (affixes, glyphs, runes) for ones you need.

Even still with the current system it’s relatively easy to make T16 items from scratch which is more than enough to enable builds.

If there weren’t any RNG in crafting then you’d be able take a white base, craft the specific affixes you wanted on it & get it up to t20 as soon as you hit the level requirements for it. With something like that you might as well just include an item editor 'cause that’s what it’d be.

Being able to choose specific affixes requires there to be some downside. If not, they should get rid of crafting entirely (which I think would be a bad idea).

1 Like

Crafting is good in this game IMO. I really like that i have that option and its not always guaranteed to succeed but when you do it feels so good especially when the odds are against you.

Its nice that Devs are looking / testing system and gives us “test results” so we can be sure that the system is working.

You do not have poor crafting luck.
You have poor crafting memory.
You ARE succeeding 80-90%.
You only remember the fails cuz they hurt.
Painful memories are far stronger then happy ones.
My crafting tips:
Forget T20 unless it drops at t10+. T16 is very doable .
Guardian glyphs ONLY after its under 80%.
Only craft T5+ Drops
Craft 2 mods at a time. Take advantage of the crit success proc.
Keep your expectations managed
Never forget: Another will drop

Now get out there and farm

FC

7 Likes

Oh my god ladies and gentlemen and THIS right here is why i love EHG so much.
On some topics that people talk about a lot they just answer right away.
It brings the community closer together with the team and gives the feeling that you guys care about those things

Thanks EHG and Mike for doing this! :star_struck:

Yes Mam!
Already doing that Mam!
Will do Mam!
Sorry Mam!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hahhahaa this post is so underated and true!

Dude really… thats not cool flexing off items like that.
I want them now :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you just have bad luck… I´ve recently done some crafting and got almost perfect itens when crafting for 40-60%… But, i suggest to continue the testing and if you feel like the problem persist, post on the foruns and they will check it, the best way to make the game better is to test stuff.

My opinion over the % of crafting, is that perfectly works, i have failed some 80% and got angry, but it happens. but out of my 10 itens crafting recently with 80% success, 9 worked perfectly, so i guess it is working as intended.

Holy balls that tier 7 +4 spriggan form :drooling_face: :drooling_face:
Gratz mate! I love those pictures your posting.
I got some got tier 5 items crafted but i didnt commit to much on the exalted ones yet.
I have some good base exalted ones though but iam focusing on building some different builds and characters at the moment :slight_smile:

I hope i can post you something good aswell later on :smiley:

Oh now on second glance i see that this exalted could have been better haha. That crack sound always breaks my heart aswell.
Then iam like IAM ALAYS UNLUCKY well getting luck aswell decent amount of times lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Honestly, and others have said this too in some form, it’s not really a question of if the system is working–it’s that it feels bad. I see this as being one/some of a few possible things:

1. People just dislike RNG in general. This system can’t do anything about that. There’s a part of me that feels this way due to the over-use of RNG in basically every single system in PoE. Kinda just burnt on it as some “driver” of player interest.

2. RNG might be acceptable, but we lack enough input to influence the outcome. Other than the glyphs, it’s just roll the dice. I rather favor the idea of being able to invest more to improve your chances: 1 extra shards for 5%, 2 for 10%, 4 for 15%, 8 for 20%, etc–obviously exact values can be different.

3. Lack of anything we can do about the fractured items. There are countless suggestions about this, so I’ll just leave it at that for this point.

4. If everyone–devs and players alike–are aware that this system is likely to poke more at people’s negativity biases while offering very little of the opposite, that sort of puts the writing on the wall in all caps. We probably need a different/better system that feels good to use. I realize this leaves a lot of room for subjectivity, but it’s probably better that whatever system it is doesn’t ask people to disregard basic human psychology.

Just my take, anyway…

Edit: Clarification
For #2, I meant extra affix shards, not runes. I think we need a sink for those too.

6 Likes

I like #2, as I’ve suggested it before. It would end up making it easier to get the “basic” affixes (life, resists, stats, all of the weapon affixes, etc) up to a high tier because you have them in abundance but not the rarer class specific ones. I think that’s probably ok in principle though I suspect it might drive people towards crafting the rarer affixes first (where your instability is low and it’s much easier to get up to t5) then just chuck shards at the common affixes to guarantee success until you’ve hit a t20 item.

As much as I like the idea I think it could be gamed too easily to get a t20 item. Unless you start adding more complexity to it then it runs the risk of becoming unwieldy and difficult to understand for anyone but the 5heads.

A lot of games will actually fudge the numbers and make things pseudo-random, X-COM as an example, but it happens in a lot of games.

Easy demonstration is League of Legends where if you have crit chance and don’t land a crit your next hit and so on will have a higher chance until you do crit. Once you do it resets.

If you crit two times in a row it’s the same where you will increasingly get a higher chance of not critting.

This system can be seen in hit-chance or crafting chance or really anything that requires chance.

You’re witnessing a hard-random system so it seems unfair because you’re used to the pseudo-random stuff.

I mean if they want to change it to a pseudo-random one that’s up to them but just realize what’s going on.

I know it sucks because I just had a 98% chance fracture on me just today.

1 Like

Yeah, a pity timer is one way around it, as is using a higher chance to succeed than you tell the player (ie, telling the player they have a 50% chance to succeed when it’s actually 75%).

I think the trade-offs are still worth it (for #2, if we must use this system), probably, but the bigger point about using a system we know makes people feel worse than it does good is where I see the issue. Getting your craft through on this game isn’t exciting in the positive direction as much as just relief that it didn’t go negative. I feel way more excited in PoE when an Exalted Orb drops than I do at any point with crafting in this game. Not sure if I’m being clear enough about the difference, but I hope so.

Genshin Impact is putting the pity system to use and it has made them bank. The draw of knowing that you are building up to a guaranteed 5 star is too much for some people to put their wallet down.

Could be something to that.

I keep hearing about that game. Is it one of those p2w gacha games or something?

It’s definitely p2w, but if you can resist the many many many overwhelming urges not to spend, then you’re all good. It’s considered a Breath of the Wild clone and I like it.

1 Like

Yeah, I do understand the difference you are trying to impart. I’m just not sure what would “have” to be done to retain the balance point that I assume the devs have in mind vis-a-vis player power & the easy/difficulty in attaining it.

As to having a crafting pity timer/whatever you want to call it, I’m really not sure how I feel about @Boardman21’s tin-foil-hat interpretation of RNG crafting being “right”. Where you’d have the item you’re trying to craft on & in order to build up a guaranteed success you’d sacrifice some crap items to RNGesus.

The only things that should be sacrificed for my success are my minions.

2 Likes