Cosmetic Shop Beta | Coming in Rising Flames

Providing feedback is essential and never out of place. The problem here is that a whole lot of people are jumping in with name-calling and accusations.

Being mature means that you can have a conversation to try to change someone’s mind about something without attacking them.

I also personally believe that the prices are bad and even though I never normally buy into cosmetics I was going to on LE but with those prices probably won’t. That however doesn’t mean that I should attack the devs for what I consider a mistake. It is their game and they will have to live with the decisions that they make which could affect their own profit. That’s where the “feedback” from the community comes into play since it’s still in beta and the MTX is not yet implemented.

You can have that influence now, but ranting and raving with name-calling and accusations really isn’t necessary to do that.

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: yeah, oh boy, you got me. I knew way back in Alpha TenCent was going to support them 5 years later. Enough for now though, you’ll have to excuse me while I go conquer the stock exchange.

1 Like

THIS.

Then they should have or should now cleverly figure out how to make this fair and profitable. For instance several have recommended changing the bundles points to a more exact even and smaller increment such as 20 for 2$

1 Like

I agree. I think the prices are high. How high? couldn’t really say, but they can tweak it as it goes. But, they definitely need to make them multiples that are easily divisible and I don’t think it’d be that hard.

They could make several ‘rankings’ based on what they feel is cost effective/time spent developing. Like Super High. 4. High 3. Average 2. Basic 1.

Then set like a (spitball, here,) $3 as the basic currency. You want a Super High. Buy 4 Basic currencies. Boom. You get it. Nothing left over, and they get 12$.

But this, Armor is 12$ but basic currency is 15 thing, just seems like an unnecessary complication. Note, I’m not attributing LE trying to be predatory because given how long I’ve been around I don’t think it’s intentional. This very well could just be a fumble so I’m given them the benefit of the doubt. I don’t care if anyone else does.

same here thought this was just a small indie dev with passion didn’t know they sold their souls

I agree. I have been around various types of business to know that item a and item b are not going to ever have a selling price for them that makes everything fit in exact multiple of the same cookie cutter. However they should be able to normalize it. After all do you think every combination of what you may possibly eat at a buffet fits in the 19.99 dinner price?

The opening to your post is the REASON most people are pissed off with this “have to make money after release” the game HAS NOT released

I disagree. I don’t think the majority of us are begrudging them making more money NOW. It’s the structure/tactic of how they’re doing it (as of the announcement at least.) But that could be a misread on my part trying to keep up with the thread.

I was responding to someone else directly using his/her own words… they were saying they need to make money AFTER game launches I was staying the game hasn’t been “released” yet that was my sole point

Coming from someone that has kickstarted and played since the beginning, reading this does make me a little sad.

It is not what I expected the MTX shop to be at all and does feel predatory and what you would expect from a free too play game.

I do hope you guys rethink this and put in some cheaper MTX that suits a game that we have to buy to play in the first place. I didn’t expect LE to become like PoE with it’s MTX shop but the first impressions certainly make it look that way.

Players will spend the cash to support you, as long as you don’t take the piss.

1 Like

My mistake. Misunderstood.

Is 74 hours into the game to late to ask for a REFUND now?

2 Likes

Cosmetics should be earned in game by defeating bosses, not by opening our wallets. One (of many) reasons I refunded my D4 pre-order. “Cosmetics only” is not a less evil, it’s still just evil.

1 Like

They do plan on releasing earnable cosmetics.
What do you propose to make the game sustainable over time?

2 Likes

If their oft-spoken goal is to have LE be around for a long time, what would you suggest they do to go about making money to keep this goal afloat?

I 100% want paid for cosmetics as they ONLY way to do this (expansions as well.) Much like Grim Dawn. I just want them to be REASONABLY priced. I do NOT want any actual game play related micro-transactions.

1 Like

I have 100% zero problem with MTX my issue is the pricing of it… 1. the game is not finished 2. with the current state of the game do they believe they deserve for us to give them $20 for a freaking portal? if this was the epitome of ARPGs they could charge what they want and people would pay but this game is FAAAR from that

DLC expansions (post launch). Live service games are trash, and this game, while I think it’s light years better than PoE or D4, will not compete with either in the live service arpg space.

Grim Dawn and Titan Quest did and still do quite well still with just DLC content.

These games do not have ladders and they do not run servers for online play.

1 Like

Oh sorry, what was that?