Cosmetic Shop Beta | Coming in Rising Flames

No, of course im not saying people should shut up and take anything. I was talking about fact that most obvious decision seems to catch people off guard. They like Luke screaming “Nooooo!”. Well, that how it looks for me :slight_smile:

Sad thing in whole this is that no feedback and no suggestions won’t make any difference. Because there is a silent majority. People who play the game but don’t read forums or sit on discord. They will be taking whats offered. And they are making most money, so best what could happen - some minor tweaks in what costs how much. Overall system will stay.

Do you shout at the shop keeper in a store when they offer a buy one get one free deal. Because it’s predatory marketing? Pick your battles. Offering above the ratio of currency while mtx fall just below it is the least predatory version of this tactic you can get while still letting your players feel like they’re getting a deal. Before you go to “They can just not use points.” They can’t they’re tied to steam, and steam requires some form of compensation. They have to use this kind of system, or making the shop would be a massive headache.

Sorry. I try to be funny and satirical on the forums usually,. Yet these are the kind of nonsense complaints that bog down feedback, and make people question why they even care about their customers. Some people need to grow up and think about the reality of the statements they’re making. Rather then blindly follow a point someone else made before them.

EDIT:
So I’ll start by offering some constructive criticism that is feasible. The non magical capes are really underwhelming. Dear EHG if you have an underwhelming but easy to produce MTX. Could you bundle it in a pack with multiple pallet swaps of the same MTX? It’d offer something unique while not invalidating the higher tier items fairer price points.

1 Like

What a dog shit is.

These prices are really high for mediocre cosmetics in a B2P game. That by itself wouldn’t irk me, but when you add in the predatory pricing with “bonus points” (WHICH AREN’T A BONUS YOU’RE PAYING FOR THEM), obfuscating what you’re actually paying for an item and setting values so you always have leftover currency really rubs me the wrong way.

Oh I want to buy the portal? Let’s see:

• If I buy the $9.49 packs it’s going to cost me $13.04875
  • If I buy the $18.99 pack it’s going to cost me $11.82396
  • If I buy the $49.99 pack it’s going to cost me $10.92497

I really love having to bust out a calculator to see how much something is actually going to cost me and then figure out how to spend my remaining tokens.

Guess setting it 1:1 and being clear about what you are buying wouldn’t bring in enough cash. In my opinion the only worse thing they could have done was add some blockchain bullshit into the mix.

As long as this systems remains in place my review will remain negative. And regardless of any changes that are implemented I won’t spend another dime on this game.

1 Like

Oh ok. So you have a problem with price points. World of Warcraft or a league of legends skin should be a good comparison. Oh wait that doesn’t make our argument look good.

And you’re complaining about incentivizing buying in bulk. Digital or not that’s basic business practice,

Yet again. Impossible because countries have different conversion rates, and the dollar fluctuates. For the love of god. Get a grip on the reality of the situation.

I have no idea about WoW, but I’m not sure comparing against LoL’s notoriously player-unfriendly monetization is the way that you want to go. Those are also absolutely massive studios behind these games that produce a more polished product, while EHG is still shielded from criticism by being a “small indie developer”.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say shielded with how many people are harping on them. Seems quite the opposite since they can’t filter you out.

EHG has specifically used that as an excuse when pressed about why they aren’t implementing feature X or Y.

Way to totally be disingenuous there. You are listing their prices while they are on sale for massive discounts like 75% off and acting like that’s their normal price.

Wow not about marketing. About production line… For fudges sake.

Repair the game before selling anything

It’s all game product. You’re creating a dichotomy when there really isn’t one.

You do realize it’s a studio right? They hire people to do differen’t jobs. Those jobs rarely intersect. IF you’d like to look how mtx are designed I’d suggest you look up the videos about the people who made the project, cafe cuties, spirit blossom or empyrean lines from league. They’re all one persons sp4ecifci taste who likes designing those kind of MTX. You can’t force an artist to be passionate about making something they don’t like to make, and as such MTX artist, and in game artist rarely coincide. Same for why devs have so much trouble changing U.I after the start. Since the U.I. Designer has most likely left the studio.

I am not saying that MTX designers don’t cost resources. Just that they quite literally pay for themselves and other branches.

The “bonus points” are solely refering to the amount of extra points you get, compared to buying the lower tiered pack twice.

You are not really paying for them if you buy the bigger bundle instead of two times the lowered tiered one.

But because of the 3 tiers that exist, this is not as easy to see at a glance.

For the Tier 1 and Tier 2 bundles its fairly easy to detect, but the Tier 3 bundle is some arbitrary nubmer that is not a common multiple of the 120 or 240 points in Tier 1 or Tier 2

I am almost the same. However I am rather delighted that other players are going to step up and fund me playing 10 more years of new LE content for free. Kudos guys, and thanks!

That said, I will happily buy functional MTX, such as more slots for online alts than 20. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think you’re misunderstanding what I was trying to say, or maybe I wasn’t communicating clearly. You made a comparison to LoL and WoW MTX, and I think that’s a bad comparison for multiple reasons. One of the reasons is that those are huge studios and huge games which, sadly, we expect to implement these anti-consumer practices. LoL players have been specifically conditioned for this from the start, as the game is and has always been P2W.

EHG is not that, and in fact have used being a “small indie dev” as an excuse in the past. They have also received a TON of goodwill as players saw them as a developer that cares about the players, and these MTX practices fly in the face of that.

1 Like

Yes but your complaint was on pipeline. Which there has to be a rough structure for every company that isn’t a 1-5 man project.

No, my complaint has nothing to do about pipeline – I think that’s where the misunderstanding is stemming from.

This is easily the worst possible take anyone has had on this entire forum. You are the kettle calling the pot black. “gamers aren’t humans” grow up, brat.

Production line.

You debate me and EHG’s practices. Not the strawman.

There’s plenty of feedback, I’m not sure how you’ve missed it.

The e points are done terribly, the pricing is done terribly for those. Thats the feedback, the more in depth is that we want it to be a simple conversion, say 1:10 for money to points. And for items in the shop to be divisible by that, so that we can just buy an item without having to over buy on points.

Thats what the main criticism is, alongside that stuff is priced to high, which is again feedback.

Again, not sure why you’re trying to make out no ones given feedback, it’s literally there in every post.