If I want a single $10.00 cosmetic I have to pay $18.99
True, I can then get another cosmetic - but why should I have to?
And then what happens when I’m left with 55 cosmetic points even after that? Buy another $18.99 pack where I’m guaranteed to again have leftover currency?
The price points of items and of currency are absolutely the scummiest possible.
As someone who was prepared to spend a fair bit of money on cosmetics in this game, if the shop stays at it is I will never purchase cosmetic points. I’ve known cosmetics were coming since I backed in kickstarter, and I’ve been excitedly waiting for it. I absolutely will not engage with the shop as it is now, as it contains all of the worst, scummiest tactics I can think of.
- Conversation rates are not simple, so you have no idea how much cosmetics actually cost at a glance, which gives a huge disconnect from real money and encouraging further spending
- You can only buy cosmetic points at specific values, so you will always have leftover if you buy something, encouraging the player to spend more money
- You get better value for spending more, so you’re strongly encouraged to always make bigger purchases
I know I’m in the minority, but I do not spend money on mtx shops that do this, and typically won’t even consider playing the games at all if they have this kind of system.