Community Designed Unique: Item Type

Hm, two-handed weapons did win last week. Interesting! Let’s see what the dominant option this week is…

Staff, okay, I take it back. That’s not interesting, not at all, just more stereotypes! BOOOOOOOOORING!!!11

3 Likes

There seems to be a significant lack of 2h axes for Primalists, for which a 2h axe is a part of multiple nodes and seems like a pretty synergistic weapon type for them. I would like to see something for either lightning or cold melee, or something that works with upheaval and earthquake. Aka big physical damage. There are enough transformation items out there, I’d like to see something to express the Primalist’s melee side in human form.

Thoughts on stats for lightning/cold
Lightning/cold melee damage
Casts chain lightning on hit, more leaps for subsequent hits
Haste on crit
Converts damage from swipe to lightning/cold

Thoughts on stats for physical

• To upheaval or earthquake
    Big physical melee damage bonus
    Slows enemies, increases with subsequent hits
    Knock up enemies with upheaval??
    Big stun bonus
3 Likes

You monster :smiling_imp:

Theme 1: Master of the ElementS - a focus on multiple elements coming together to be better than the sum of their part.

1 Like

I accidentally pick an axe >.< (UPD. changed to beloved spear)

Anyway, let it be something cast on melee hit/melee crit. Preferably some skill that mage already has, not a new one.

Or maybe some random idea - If your elemental nova has all elements enabled it’s replaced with “infused elemental nova” that can benefit from bonuses to every type.
This probably should also add some levels to the skill.

Just going to repeat my idea from last week, because I like the theme.
And I value theme and integration with lore more than the item itself…
So:

Staff (*) based on Apophis.
She was the first to unleash the power of the void:
Her unique should convert all cold and/or lightning damage (or maybe just ALL damage) to void damage.
She also (kinda) possessed Majasa, so we could go wild and add a secondary power to control one nearby monster and make it attack others with void.
And think of all the cool snake-based designs our wonderful creators could come up with!

That fits the story well, and would give us some builds than can use void without being void knights.
(*) Would also work well with a spear I guess, maybe even better (I don’t know, I picture these big snakes using spears). Too late, I voted for staff.

3 Likes

Ooooooooooo! I love that approach!!! A great design would be like a corrupted Caduceus or Rod of Asclepius.

1 Like

Theme 2: Spellweaver- The item would focus on attacks that buff a spells or spells that buff mana

1 Like

Regardless of what item type will win.

I would like to see some Void Mage Weapon, simialr to the Blade Of The Forgotten Knight.

Mage already has some quite interesting void uniques like Gaspars Set, Secrifical Embrace and Dark Shroud of Cinders.

Now imagine a 2H Hammer or Axe supporting that theme. Mabye like a hybrid weapon with some flat void damage for melee and spells.

Possibly also converting or changing one of the melee Spellblade skills. (Mana Strike maybe?)

1 Like

Spear is super under utilized in most games, i’d love to see one here.

Use, “show vote”" to change votes

In all reality Unless they create a whole new base Item that has adaptive spell damage. The only thing that would be useful for Sorc is staff. I mean I would like other options. But idk if they are willing to create an entirely new base with adaptive implicits.

Anything to make meteor actually cool and fun to use without having to focus every few spells

I voted for spear because I just don’t think there can ever be enough spears but staff makes a lot of sense for the class. I think volcanic orb needs some Unique love. Sorcerer is also somewhat stale with either using focus or basically 0 cost spells.

My suggestion would be an Osprix themed spear/staff focused on volcanic orb and mana recovery. The visual design could be really nice with some orbiting fire orbs and a birds head. The unique effect I have in mind could also have a visual effect of adding small fiery wings to the character WHICH WOULD BE SO COOL.

“Using Volcanic Orb grants Wings of the Osprix and refreshes all current stacks, lasts 4 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Wings of the Osprix grants 5% Movement speed, 20% mana regeneration and 10 spell fire damage per stack. Being stunned removes all stacks.”

Would love to hear opinions on this!

4 Likes

I voted for Spear, Sorc axe seems interesting, but the item effects that I want will look weird with axe.
If for something specific, I want a modifier for disintegrate. Like spear is stabbed into ground, and disintegrate comes down from the sky like orbital laser but in wider circle with lightning theme(or void theme).
If for wide range use spear, Make spear look like Lightning of Zeus,(or void lighting) And it is able to covert any element/damage type to lighting/void, so it can be used by almost any class, leading it to proc lightning(void lightning) around the skill being used(it would be nice, if we are able to slot specific skills to staff for damage conversion. though not necessary).
Edit: changed staff to spear. spear seems more interesting.

1 Like

I think last week should have been a two step process. The only reason two handed won is because many wanted a two handed weapon for sentinel.

I think many would have preferred a different item type for mage class. Just something to consider if you do this again.

Also I would strongly like to urge the voices of chaos to unite under the banner of axe to defeat the voices of reason uniting under the banner of the staff. Otherwise the boring votes will prevail.

4 Likes

wrong class, i’ll never play a sorc, or spell blade, but if it had to be… any weapon will do.

My proposal would be to have the unique "Images of war" this item's effect summons a bunch of extra mirror images on teleport skill use that deal more damage, and have more health based on a percentage of your maximum MANA
  • 100% increased cast speed for mirror images

• +50% base crit for mirror images

• mirrors leech 5% of damage as health

• +100 adapative spell damage for mirror images

• You gain 500 armor per active Mirrior

3 Likes

Pls 2H Staff for elemental DoT builds, best case if it’ll add some new DoT effect or boost frostbite or spreading flames which have only a few sources

Like the entire concept of mirror mages… so long as it works for my spellblade… :wink:

yeah, they are the only mage minion at our disposal, and I think we should take more advantage of their use, whether it be offensively, defensively, or a mix of both!