Community Designed Unique: Item Type

Use, “show vote”" to change votes

In all reality Unless they create a whole new base Item that has adaptive spell damage. The only thing that would be useful for Sorc is staff. I mean I would like other options. But idk if they are willing to create an entirely new base with adaptive implicits.

Anything to make meteor actually cool and fun to use without having to focus every few spells

I voted for spear because I just don’t think there can ever be enough spears but staff makes a lot of sense for the class. I think volcanic orb needs some Unique love. Sorcerer is also somewhat stale with either using focus or basically 0 cost spells.

My suggestion would be an Osprix themed spear/staff focused on volcanic orb and mana recovery. The visual design could be really nice with some orbiting fire orbs and a birds head. The unique effect I have in mind could also have a visual effect of adding small fiery wings to the character WHICH WOULD BE SO COOL.

“Using Volcanic Orb grants Wings of the Osprix and refreshes all current stacks, lasts 4 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Wings of the Osprix grants 5% Movement speed, 20% mana regeneration and 10 spell fire damage per stack. Being stunned removes all stacks.”

Would love to hear opinions on this!

4 Likes

I voted for Spear, Sorc axe seems interesting, but the item effects that I want will look weird with axe.
If for something specific, I want a modifier for disintegrate. Like spear is stabbed into ground, and disintegrate comes down from the sky like orbital laser but in wider circle with lightning theme(or void theme).
If for wide range use spear, Make spear look like Lightning of Zeus,(or void lighting) And it is able to covert any element/damage type to lighting/void, so it can be used by almost any class, leading it to proc lightning(void lightning) around the skill being used(it would be nice, if we are able to slot specific skills to staff for damage conversion. though not necessary).
Edit: changed staff to spear. spear seems more interesting.

1 Like

I think last week should have been a two step process. The only reason two handed won is because many wanted a two handed weapon for sentinel.

I think many would have preferred a different item type for mage class. Just something to consider if you do this again.

Also I would strongly like to urge the voices of chaos to unite under the banner of axe to defeat the voices of reason uniting under the banner of the staff. Otherwise the boring votes will prevail.

4 Likes

wrong class, i’ll never play a sorc, or spell blade, but if it had to be… any weapon will do.

My proposal would be to have the unique "Images of war" this item's effect summons a bunch of extra mirror images on teleport skill use that deal more damage, and have more health based on a percentage of your maximum MANA
  • 100% increased cast speed for mirror images

• +50% base crit for mirror images

• mirrors leech 5% of damage as health

• +100 adapative spell damage for mirror images

• You gain 500 armor per active Mirrior

3 Likes

Pls 2H Staff for elemental DoT builds, best case if it’ll add some new DoT effect or boost frostbite or spreading flames which have only a few sources

Like the entire concept of mirror mages… so long as it works for my spellblade… :wink:

yeah, they are the only mage minion at our disposal, and I think we should take more advantage of their use, whether it be offensively, defensively, or a mix of both!

Staff is such a boring option. Literally anything would be better than staff. If I had known staff was going to win I would have picked axe instead. I think we should have a vote between the top 2 weapon types. I believe most people who are not voting for staff, which is the majority of people voting, would agree with this.

Edit: nvm, Just realized votes can be changed.

oh, thx
now a true weapon is selected - THE SPEAR

I picked primalist last time and it was least desired class in poll… Now I choose greatsword and it’s least desired type of weapon in poll…

Sad pepega.

I hope the staff doesnt win :frowning: because its really boring. A spellblade spear sounds really cool!

2 Likes

Lol
well imma change to spear as well, main thing that pushed me off the spear is “spellblade spear”.

Staff is winning, just barely. I hope it ends up being staff as it feels like there are so many melee weapons overall already.

1 Like

:+1: I want attack speed on a two hander for a spellblade… I was so disappointed with the Jaspers unique when it came out (a staff cannot have melee attack speed added - there is only one with it as an implicit)… seemed perfect, but its sooo sloooooow…

3 Likes

I think Mace would probably the best choice. We have different 2-H weapons that works well with damage, but there’s only 1 single weapon that actually gives some for sort of Defence, a Mace would be the best weapon if we want something with Defensive stat on it.

I would like it to have something like Ward Becomes permanent above x% threshold. Say like if you have 6000 HP, you get a permanent ward of 10% of that HP permanently active.
This would make Tanky Mage builds more viable, which other ARPGs has so far failed with.

Choice:

• 2-Handed Mace
1 Like

2h spear for Acolyte. +3 Abomination & great amount of Minion Health plz.

Don’t be shy, the Mage just wants to Axe you a question.
Seriously I think almost all of the unique axes are for acolyte/minion, with exception of maw.

I think a unique Ice Axe or Radiant Axe base with a modifier that grants 50% of flat melee as flat spell of the same type would be cool.

1 Like