Community Designed Unique: Item Theme

I don’t know about you, but I kinda want an item that would be useable. Not just some meme shenanigans.

I don’t see how converting Mage skills into necrotic/poison could benefit Mage. Especially considering that there will be literally no support for such build, other than this item

This idea is terrible.

And in general Last Refuge theme seems massively underwhelming and boring.

1 Like

a spear and the lost refuge seems interesting. maybe this was the spear that was some sort of beacon of protection and it was corrupted leading to the events that felled the city.

I’d like to see something where you have to continuously ‘purge’ the void essence that radiates within the spear and when it’s cleansed, for a moment, the full glory of the spear shows itself.
this could be something like as you use it you gain stacks of something void related and when you do something else, those stacks expel and you get a type of ‘arcane ascendency’ like effect for 4 seconds, regardless of your element.
a little further you could do something with the corruption aspect with monos as well. like the higher the corruption the longer it takes to purge and the greater effect of the buff.

i don’t post often but i hope this sparks some ideas for you guys.

4 Likes

Long live Rat City.

2 Likes

How about: you gain stacks of void essence each time you cast a spell.
Using a potion removes a certain number of stacks.
While above a certain number of stacks you gain some void themed benefits (flat void spell damage for instance)
While below a certain number of stacks you gain some elemental/humanity themed benefits.
From what I see in the game the theme of purification is mostly expressed through fire and fire damage over time, so the buff for low stacks could be themed around that.

It could be interesting if there was a sweetspot where you gain both buffs at the same time.

As a side-note, I personally voted for multi-element theme.
I want support for new build archetypes in the game, and multi-element is missing from the game.

2 Likes

So sad The Osprix is losing, stealing the lance of heorot back from God Hunter Argentus and actually wielding it would be awesome

3 Likes

I stick with Apophis, since the first poll.
Namely a “convert elemental damage to void damage” spear.
Very happy the idea made it in the list. :slightly_smiling_face:

That said, both Lost Refuge and Osprix are very acceptable themes, because they fit in with the story and I woud like uniques to have links with the lore.
I mean, they are not quite as good as Apophis, but still good ideas. :wink:

Edit: My post last week, to refresh memories.

Voted for a void theme. Dunno but maybe we can have some nice interactions/conversions from elemental damage to void and vice-versa (who knows even changing skill effects in the future such as purple fire/lightning/ice)

You got proof that people who didn’t get what the wanted are “tanking the polls”?

I really like the idea of getting a big boost in power when the Corruption is purged, could make for some really interesting builds.

Was thinking of an “absorb mechanic” for the game…

How about a feature where a weapon could absorb (not mitigate) a % of a certain type of incoming damage (something counter to the class - like necrotic/void being absorbed by a mage weapon) and then convert this into an offensive boost… e.g. a mage standing in a void or necrotic DoT, with a “Devouring Spear” would charge up to be able to release a burst of boosted elemental energy on next attack or aura pulse…

So long as this didnt mitigate damage then it wouldnt have an issue with linking defensive / offensive mechanics that tend to break things in LE…

Might even be a cool generic affix for any class - it just works differently based on the classes inherent damage type… Might even be cool to link it to whatever the highest resistance you have… e.g. if you had 100% void resistance, then it would charge on void… if you had cold resistance as your highest, it would charge on cold… Spitballing…

2 Likes

Nope, but that is why I didn’t state it as a fact but as a feeling I get. That is evidenced by the absurd amount of people that voted so heavily for Rat City at the opening of the poll and the continued high vote count for that when nobody has any idea what it means as a theme.

Plus, people think it is funny to wreck these type of polls with the most absurd options possible.

1 Like

Rat City is the only choice here, come on man.

I take it you are one of those types of people I am referring to?

Yeah tbf that’s gonna be an issue when the devs include a meme in the options. I feel like something similar would have happened had Zom-bees been an option. Honestly, had Rat City not been an option, I probably would have picked Apophis.

EDIT: I was going to pick Apophis actually but then I scrolled down and saw Rat City and honestly took it because I’m a dumb “Teehee meme lol” person.

3 Likes

No, I just want to see a Rat City Spear for Mage :confused:

Pffftttt…
Traitor!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Lost refuge has the most lore, so it makes sense people would be drawn to the idea of a unique being based around one of the last bastion of hopes of humanity.

Which now makes perfect sense now what this unique item should be.

Bastion of hope

+5% crit chance per each nearby ally

50% chance when hit to receive a glancing blow

firebrand is now converted into Brand of the Void gaining 200% added damage effectiveness and deals 50% more void damage

when a hit leaves you below your endurance threshold, you gain 200% increased attack speed with firebrand for 10 seconds (20 second cooldown)

50% increased mana regen

Humanity for generations kept the void at bay with unparalleled bravery, until finally succumbing to the over whelming darkness of abyss

This takes a bunch of ideas from the community and combines them in one.

2 Likes

In the hope that tri-elemental wins, here’s my concept for the item effect.
I did not even attempt to come up with realistic numbers, this is just to describe the mechanics and its ideas without getting fixated on its balance.
So the concept has just variables x,y…
In some cases I gave a tentative value, just to give an idea, all values are still subject to change.

Ucenui’s Planetarium

Unique Orrey Spear (An Orrey is a kind of mechanical planetarium)

• + x Melee physical damage to attacks
  • + y Melee fire, cold, and lighting damage to attacks
  • + z fire, cold, and lighting damage to spells

Unique effect

• When you directly use an elemental skill and hit at least one enemy, manifest an elemental orb of the corresponding element orbiting you for 4* seconds.
  • Elemental Orbs have 100*% chance to shred elemental resistance on hit.
  • + Z fire damange to spells and attacks while manifesting a fire orb.
  • + Z cold damange to spells and attacks while manifesting an ice orb.
  • + Z lightning damange to spells and attacks while manifesting a lighting orb.
  • W% of added Increased Fire, Cold, and Lightning Damage is converted to Increased Elemental Damage while manifesting two or more orbs.

The art would be a spear with a mechanical planetarium in place of its tip.
The final effect I would expect looks a bit like a trident, with a heavy mechanical flavor to it and a lot of gears.

A couple of notes on the design.

I added elemental shred to the orbs to give access to resistance shred to multi-element builds without the need of investing three blessings. I was considering adding generic elemental penetration, but shred seemed to be more appropriate.

The orbs orbit around you and deal elemental damage on hit and shred their corresponding resistances, they always pierce.
The orbs are limited to one for each element, recasting the same element refreshes the duration.

The last affix is deceptively strong, that is because a lot of sources of increased elemental damage are actually multiple damage increases to each of the elements. Just as an example one mage passive [elementalist] says 7% increased fire, 7% increased cold, and 7% increased lighting damage.
If the conversion were to be 100% this would result in an absurd 21% increased elemental damage per passive invested. Realistically, the conversion should be a very value to prevent the scaling from going too much out of hand.
I set the requirement to 2 orbs so as to not limit other classes too much.

Doing a astral themed unique I wanted to integrate black hole.
Unfortunately, this would have meant that the spear would be unusable for spellblade so I decided against it.

5 Likes

I would like a tri-elemental weapon that makes Ignite, Frostbite, and Electrify all count together. Increases and decreases to any of them also apply to the others. So, for example, if you have 60% increased electrify chance, it also gives you 60% increased Ignite and Frostbite chance.

I would also like it to have some other thing that ties it more to a mage (spellblade). That way it is still a good usable item by other classes, but it is most effective for a mage. Maybe Enchant Weapon Active Duration +5. So with a little CDR and speccing more duration, you can have 100% uptime. Spellblade currently needs more help than Sorcerer.

I originally wanted the item to make elemental dot ticks to count as hits so they would cumulatively apply more dots over time. I don’t know that this would be possible to balance (although it doesn’t seem that different than the absurd scaling of poison).

I would make a new base type spear. A Ranseur or Spetum as they have 3 tips. Name the item after Tiamat to represent the chromatic damage. It would also allow the implicit to not be based on crits but instead elemental damage.

Damn, I so much hope that tri-element wins… This theme looks INFINITELY better and more practical than some weird meme which “Rat City” is…

And nice item idea by the way!