Chapter 1 Rework | Coming in Rising Flames

It’s known information that these will come with 1.0.

Stupid posts like this are one of the reasons I wish they wouldn’t have even announced their plans for the trade. I would be very surprised if this happened before 1.0.

2 Likes

Expected more tbh as always! But guys Sentinels feet they are fat as ****, a little fix for them will be ok. And the new Chapter 1 is amazing, let’s see it in-game. Beautiful work!

Since you are reworking towns, can you improve teleport functioning. For example; have always put you in the same place in town. Have it not glitch out and double port you to the same (town) location so that you cannot return to where ever you were in the world prior to it glitching out? Please?

I’m just expressing my perspective about those comment - which spill out pure disappointment and sourness. no offence to others.

The fact is I’m not talking to dev team that I’m paying $70 for this game, so they should listen to me (to us - the big supporter) carefully and running the roadmap as we like because we pay a lot (actually most of us don’t).

The reality is quite opposite in my experience : This game cost around $20 in my country, and with this price, this is quite active dev team I have seen in my small gaming life.

If someone only pay around $20 one time, and make pure complaint or whining after some obvious hard work, that’s totally absurd in my mind…

Like why would those people waste their time making a comment to ruin other’s joy this week and insult dev team while team just finish part of their job… for just $20?

If someone only pays $20 doesn’t like some of the patch content, why not just walk away and play another game, while wait it out? Where is the massive anger and sourness from?
It’s not like this game grab you $70 or the content so far worth less than $10 or something.

As far as I know, $20 is not even a big deal in modern game with this size of content…
(If you do pay way more than $20, that’s another story and beyond my opinion.)

I’m not saying anyone shouldn’t express disappointment about patch note which did not meet their expectation, I do get a little disappointed with some patch note some time.
But being 100% sarcastic in a public forum comment after dev team just finished their job…

That is quite rude. That is not even about how many years player have waited or how many hours they have spent in the game.

( On the other hand… If you secretly pay more than $100 or something to support this game, then the anger might be understandable… but have a little more patience and respect is healthier to everyone I guess.)

5 Likes

I forget when I started playing, but I’ve gotten fantastic value for what I payed for the game, and if the facts of the game’s development mean that I need to wait another year until the full release to get content that’s “for me”, then considering the several hundred hours I already have in the game, I’m fine with that. Of course I’m disappointed when “hype week” has nothing particularly hype for me in particular, but I have faith that excellent new content will be available at some point. Presumably the patch cycle style of development is intended to provide something enticing for as many players as possible to sustain engagement, but obviously that’s not going to be possible every single patch. Still disappointing, though.

5 Likes

It’s inevitable for some update to disappoint people, specially if there’s hype involved. While I agree with you in that there are ways and ways of expressing disappointment, I don’t think your opinion should be that biased based on what you pay. They’ll just take the money worth their time elsewhere (funding, coming in-game shop, etc). The devs should, and EHG indeed do, listen to player feedback in order to make the game great, regardless of how much they directly charge you.

I also wanted to remark that LE it’s really not that cheap for a game in beta. In my country, Spain, it costs 34€ (for reference, that’s almost half the Diablo 4 Standard Edition, 70€)

The part of the community that is disappointed with this patch is not because they feel they money is wasted, it’s just that they need to keep waiting for the content they want. Factoring money out of the equation, I think the problem relies on how the hype campaign has been organized, with a big portion of the player base hungry for content for 1+ year. And that’s fine, upset people should be able to express their disappointment respectfully, to make the game better in the future! (take the recent big debate on trading as an example of positive feedback)

(General comment not aimed at anyone specific, but relevant to the thread replied to)

I disagree entirely that a player paying some money to buy a game gives him any right to make demands of the developers, especially one that is in beta/early access. One doesn’t make demands of musicians to rewrite the songs one almost likes, yes? Don’t say, “Music is just a matter of taste”; the opinions on whether the developers should update character classes now are also just “taste”. Not every patch will be for every player, nor is it realistic to expect anything else.

Deciding for the developers what time frame in which they need to do “all the things” really is both arrogant and disrespectful, particularly because they have a track record of paying very careful attention to the community. Each person on the team only has a finite amount of time to work on the game from day to day, regardless of how fast players like to think people can write code or create game assets/maps etc.

Your patch will come. Try not to ruin the experience for others while you wait for it.

4 Likes

I love the concept of the rework - I do think how the primary questline started previously is a bit flat overall. Expanding on the story and lore, overhauling assets and vistas, all sounds very promising to improving the new player experience (of which we all hope to see many of in the future months!).

I’m afraid my opinion will be different here.

What I don’t quite understand : It’s a one-time cost game for a lot of us, why would someone waiting it in a way like dev team owe the player debt and need to repay money to them every 3~6 month?

Isn’t the price player paid already worth it for the content so far?

(I feel this may relate to dev team letting the player expect too much. This situation seems to hurt this community.)

And I don’t think money paid for the game can be factoring out of the equation, it might be just a small portion, but it won’t have no effect at all.
Normally if you pay more, you probably expect more.
But if you pay little and demand a lot or frequently, well… that’s strange.

If I paid $3 for a food and don’t like it, I’ll be sad and walk away, I won’t bother my time telling the cook how to make it taste better or how their food sucks and should be improve.
If I paid $100 for a food and it’s not making me believe worth than $30, I’ll rage like a baby :rage: :joy:

I think this is what I trying to explain :
If someone pay $20 (just for example) while expecting to get value way more than $20, that’s somewhat greedy and unreasonable to me.

2 Likes

Bottom line is still simple:

No one knew about this chapter 1 revamp. No one expected it. No one needed it. No one was complaining about the existing chapter 1 whatsoever. Existing chapter 1 was not only fine, but irrelevant.

On the other hand everyone knows about the bugs, the missing classes, the trade system, the monotonous endgame and other much more serious issues that cause CONCERN.

It must have taken a considerable amount of effort to redo chapter 1, so to players with concern about the genuine issues, it is rather frustrating to say the least that the devs invested so much in something that no one knew they even wanted. Especially when there are threads all over the place complaining about having to run the campaign for every alt anyway. Campaign is already too long/irrelevant for many.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for that. Can you add the instructions of how I pick up my idol slots and 15 extra quest-based passives right after I do this?

Ahh, well that’s not entirely true. Mike did mention it during several dev streams that I highlighted in my post below – which were only the most recent occurrences as they’ve talked about bringing all the chapters up to Chapter 9’s quality for a long time now. If anything you should expect further chapter updates in future patches.

4 Likes

This my biggest and only gripe with Last Epoch at the moment.
I love the game and how EHG handles feedback, however i expected more endgame focus and those chapter reworks etc after that.

I really would love to have more to do in the endgame.
Especially with the monoliths which is the core system and should be the pinnacle of wanting to keep playing endgame in my opinion at least.

The changes EHG do make so far, also with the chapter 1 looks stunning and seem like good changes. The timing is my biggest issue. Iam worried about endgame being to shallow a lot since they teased 1.0 release being this year. Since iam a pretty hardcore player when it comes to endgame in other ARPG’s and also in this one to a certain extend iam worried the same type of player as me will not play this game long in endgame as it is.

To end with a positive.
I love that there is new itemization and Fire pen resist is fixed so can revisit my fire mage.

I remember I have read some threads about how the game’s opening is too vague or not compact (something like that, sorry for my poor english)
But you are mostly right, lots of people are aware of the bug and looking forward to the new mastery class / trade system etc…

By the way, I’m probably the super minority kind of player in this game, my favorite part is the story and mood this game provides, despite some believe the story itself is kind of sh*te.
The first time I saw the name of Zerrick and Harton back in the old era,
I was like NOOO what happen to them!!
And the time I arrived The end of time, it’s so sad that it make me want to cry…

To me, the strong 50 hours campaign story is way better than an ok 300 hours monolith end game grind, but someone will just say fu*k that its ARPG genre, grind it or leave it…

— off the topic —

I doubt anything in this world that is mostly repetitive can be brilliant all the way.
If some repetitive content (especially games) takes more than 500~1000 hours, It’s really unlikely to be a great thing to me at all.

If Last epoch will set some new milestone in the arpg genre in the future,
I truly hope its not : Hey, this game has OK end game content that can make me grind 500hours while still tolerating it, and it’s slightly better than D4 or what.

1 Like

You don’t want to do the quests, you don’t get the quest rewards.

Devs

Devs, please add a way to skip the campaign.

Oh, I disagree. Monoliths are not the end game at all. They are simply for farming gear. I mean there is no point pushing corruption past the point where your clear speed becomes inefficient, right.

The end game is the (endless) Arena. Infinitely scalable and consistent every time. How else can you see how truly strong your build is? You can push it as far as you can without bricking anything or doing yourself harm.

For me at least.

This campaign is about 12 to 16 hours.

If you like ARPG campaigns, I’d recommend Grim Dawn. It’s the best campaign I’ve ever encountered in an ARPG, and delivers a really great story. I levelled 40 endgame chars in that game over 3k hours and never tired of the campaign, unlike LE where first time through was plenty and I never wanted to see it again. And the GD campaign is MUCH longer than this one.

4 Likes

im a player when LE was only single play and now that close to 1.0 ver. I love LE but am still unhappy with the campaign story, and items display (I equipped Last Laugh but my chac only carried a big sword, not like a Last Laugh - the unique item) and I love to see when items break when out of forging potential from a very old version.

No but if you paid full price for an album and got 75% of the songs and were promised the others were coming soon then thats the difference

The cost is meaningless, it doesnt matter if the game is $10 or $100 people want the full product and let me tell you if I could of paid $100 for the game to get it much faster I would without question

1 Like