Chapter 1 Rework | Coming in Rising Flames

I’d rather say that different people value different things & leave it at that. If any of:

• MTX store
  • Revamped chapter 1
  • New item type
  • Ladders (working again)
  • Reaper form gfx update

Doesn’t do it for him then, ok?

4 Likes

Yeah im also one of the players who has not gotten anything that exciting from hype week yet.

Nothing is “bad”, but maybe its just one of those things that has to come in patch notes.

But as a 2k hour player, I am more interested in end game tweaks. The people working on making act 1 pretty, or making the mtx shop are not the same as the balance team.

So hopefully the balance team has a banger for us hidden away in the patchnotes.

6 Likes

You’re right, patch 0.9.1 has some nice things in it like the new item type. I guess I am just disappointed, I really expected a new chapter/dungeon, especially since 0.9 didn’t bring something radically new in terms of content or systems. However, there’s supposed to be something regarding the monolith in this update, though it doesn’t seem to be important enough to hype it.

4 Likes

The Weaver’s Will items pique my interests as well as any other uniques that may be coming along, as legendaries are the chase for me anymore (still looking forward to the factions). So I’m still looking forward to the patch.

However, if there’s not a solid amount of balancing, tweaks and reworks nestled in the patch notes… If I said I wouldn’t be disappointed then I would be lying. Perhaps some of the new items will help in that regard? Maybe, for some builds/skills/masteries. But the really bad outliers still feeling bad through and after the 0.8.5e-0.9 year gap just makes them feel worse.

3 Likes

Good decision! This will improve the visual feel, as well as performance, most probably.

Work is definitely showing. Loving the visual variety. Zones are looking distinct. Actually excited for the future of this game, which is not easy feat nowadays. Best of luck, guys! I will be jumping in frequently.

Also, more or improved endgame systems are required, after you are satisfied with the game’s basics of course (bugs, stability, visual convergence). Keep it up!

2 Likes

So much to be done and they waste their time with a reoworked chapter 1 that people will rush through in 10 mins, nothing to see in this patch, maybe 9.2.

4 Likes

Did you even read the post in its entirety?

While a big focus of this is chapter one, this patch implements a lot more new tech into the whole game, also at different parts than chapter 1.
Its a step by step process of rolling out that new tech to all areas of the game and this was only the beginning.

Also from the sounds of it, chapter 1 will be a lot longer compared to before.
They even mentioned a slight shfit in chapter 2 because of that.

Not to mention that many people have in recent past complained that chapter 1 needed to be updated and EHG has said that it was on their schedule, along with other things. :sunglasses:

Yes I read everything they post and my take remais the same, waste of time.

1 Like

I 100% agree with you complete waste of time when there are sooooo many actual game bugs and issues that NEED to be fixed pre-launch. the polish and prettying up should be the last things done prior to launch imho

1 Like

During pre-launch, everything has to be looked at on the whole. They can’t keep addressing end game and dungeons. Early content heavily needed a rework so it would happen at some point. Once those things are smoothed out and the transition from story to monos becomes less derpy and the story is fleshed out, end game will get tons of work done to it. Arguable it will be the main focus post-launch for years to come. So this is the perfect and proper time to revamp/refine earlier chapters. Even after that, having alternatives or unique stories per class, or a way to bypass some of the main story for people that have made multiple characters will be needed as well. All those things need to be address pre-launch to an extent.

1 Like

This is probably what worries me the most. All this is great. However if they get to a point this year or early next year and they decide to launch 1.0 without having fixed things like Lagon, it is going to be very very disappointing.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’m thinking it’s been sneakily shown in this post. If you look at this picture and compare it to the new special echo type they teased in a dev stream it looks awfully similar. :eyes:

Unrelated, but something we know is coming in 0.9.1, is that we’ll be able to turn off the display of our account name above our characters head in online play – as mentioned in the most recent dev stream here.

3 Likes

I honestly think this is a great step to bring in more new players. I’m assuming they will gradually be reworking the visuals for the remainder of the game, which is nice. No, this doesn’t expand on the end game but there is still more time before 1.0. I understand where the current player base is disappointed but I think it’s a smart play on EHG’s part, due to the launch of D4, knowing that that will draw players away for a while and will give them time to update/overhaul/add more features for LE. They’re a relatively small studio and need time to grow and that can’t be done overnight. Sorry for the rant but I thought it needed a little light shed from a different perspective.

This is looking marvelous.

So, after a lvling every class to 80+ in offline, CT and now online, 0.9; and because my gaming time has dropped significantly do to work, I’m going to do a little bit of self-restraint and not do any more leveling until 1.0.

I want to experience all of the polish and pizazz slowly. When 1.0 drops. I’ll start a character (most likely one of the new classes) and go through every possible nook and cranny I can find.

I love seeing this updates and some of the great new additions and upgrades. Going to be glorious. Thanks for the hard work, y’all!

There are a number of weird tilesets in the game, where the character is forced into strange movement because of impassable terrain – which is not readily visible to the player. I’d love for this to be a focus too

2 Likes

Don’t forget that every unique weapon (and probably shield) is getting it’s own 3D model/art now, to match it’s 2D appearance.

This is just 0.9.1, not some major 1.0 release.

An entirely new item type is massive for potential build variety moving forward, and bringing up other aspects of the game that were somewhat lacking is super important and would need to be done eventually anyways.

I don’t know – I think people are just being a bit unfair nowadays. Not every update is a massive one like 0.9 or 1.0 will be. Some updates introduce towns and new item types, others may add a new dungeon.

What’s important is moving forward and continuing these types of updates at a regular, consistent rate, so they eventually all add up into something huge.

Also the first chapter of the game needed a revamp, I’ll be honest. It felt like you were just randomly thrown into the story midway through, and it took (for me, at least) until I got to the Temple of Eterra to even get interested in the story. For me the moment I stepped into that place and heard that voice talking about if I’m Eterra, or that it’s been too long, I was interested. Before that, not so much.

I also think it’s alright to be critical of people being critical. You’re right that it’s okay if those things don’t do it for them, but it’s also okay to disagree and state how certain additions and new features do add to the game for others.

If we only allow critical people who don’t gain anything from the added content to voice their opinion, then it would harm the game and the mentality of the developers moving forward.

1 Like

Looking gorgeous!

1 Like

Sure, but 0.9 wasnt massive. if you care about MP, sure it was “massive” in that they finally added a feature they teased for well over a year.

But the druid patch in the 0.8.x cycle revamped an entire class and brought tons of new life into it. Why do you think half the guides are druid guides? because they dedicated an entire patch to making it lovely.

I get it, these things need to happen, but it sucks after 0.9 took literally more then a year, and then they were like “we are returning to the quality of updates of the past” Atleast for me, I was thinking more along the druid/chapter 9 style patches and less just a fluff patch that is most more of the same…

3 Likes

Each patch is more impressive than the last, nice work EHG!

2 Likes