Cannot edit my post that are older than X days

So far i found no post of mine, that is older than 8 days, i can still edit.
I am not sure what the exact threshold is.

This really makes maintaining OP of threads hard.

I hope this is only temporairly or gets fixed.

1 Like

The threshold had been 1 day for new users, and 7 for others.

I don’t see a strong argument to change the former - particularly with how quickly one ceases to be considered a new user. For the latter I can appreciate that the new limit may have been unduly harsh - however previously there was no limit at all, and imposing one was very much intentional. I’ll change it to 2 months, which is an approximation of the upper bounds of what I am comfortable with. I’m open to further discussion on the subject for sure. I don’t think it’s healthy for there to be no limit at all, and I’d be strongly opposed to returning to that.

That’s fair.

Would it be possible to get permission for very specific threads to be unlimited editable?
I am not sure how much extra manual moderation that would cost you guys overall, when alot of people request that.

I personally mainly speak for my Loot Filter Thread, so i can keep it up to date.
And i assume alot of the other content creator would appreciate that, so they could update and maintain their build guide posts, instead of creating new ones.

Maybe if manuel permission to make threads/post editable longer is too much work, you could create a new “section” inside the forum for “community content”, where this rule is not present? (Just a random suggestion)

Thanks for your reply anyway.

That would be an improvement, then we can update our builds as stuff changes.

Just wanted to chime in again, before the thread get’s closed.

I can’t remember where exactly, but i think we had a brief talk about potential exceptions for the edit on old posts.

Are there any news about it?

Since the Patch Preview mentions defense changes and the new +X to skills affixes my loot filter will get a major shake up.
I would love to be able to edit that post/thread title.

Sorry if this is not appropiate in this topic, but i didn’t wanted to start a new one.

I would like to start updating my build compendium thread asap right before patch drops, can we make this happen please? I just finally got my forum account back up and running.

1 Like

As Heavy said it would be really nice to have some kind of community content threads like Andrew’s Community Game Guide, Bankai’s Build Compendium, Heavy’s lootfilter etc.
Maybe the community can vote for these type of topics and once they reach a specific number of ‘‘community upvotes’’ they go under the category Community Content.

But for Builds…is it possible to disable the 2 month restriction under the category ‘‘Classes And Builds’’ once you add for example a new tag called ‘‘build’’? 0.8.1 will bring a lot of changes and many players probably have to rewrite/copy paste their build guides just to make a new thread again for minor or major updates.

What do you think about 3 month since all the big patches are getting released
approximately every 8 weeks? Therefore people have a bit more time to update their guides if they want to. One guide of mine got closed yesterday and this week is the release of 0.8.1 :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, at least it doesn’t feel like i am alone with this issue now.

I always hate to “speak on behalf” of some1 else, but i just felt, that alot of content creators would feel similar to me.

I just feel like having one updated thread is way better for the forum than creating several new threads.

It helps the forum with not being cluttered and the threads being more visible.

Im sure you have reasons for the 2 month limit being healthy, but as others have stated is there a way for us to get permission for threads to be approved and stay unlocked? There are a few of them in here that need to be constantly updated especially with each new patch.

1 Like

For a thread like Heavy’s loot filter thread, might Sarno be willing to update the original post with text supplied to him by Heavy once a patch or so?

The thing is: If we would now know ,that we can’t edit a thread after a given time, i would not include a specific game version in the thread title. And make it more generic.

But the suggesting to inclucde the game version actually came from Sarno himself, haha :smiley:

But some manual edit from a moderator would cause alot of work for them, not sure if that’s a good solution.

Even in case, we would not be able to edit our threads, i would then at least have one last edit, so i can remove the version number of my thread title.

Bump.

1 Like

What about having this be variable based on the subforum? Things like build guides/compendia, other types of guides, maaaaybe technical support/bug reports (hopefully not, but some issues may be rare or difficult to solve within two months) make a lot more sense to potentially have infrequent updates, while most general topics/off-topic discussions/feedback posts don’t.

Alternatively, perhaps allow the author to make new posts after two months, but no one else? It’s still not great if someone has questions about an older guide, but then at least the authors could post new versions when a new patch drops instead of having to make a new thread.

I am not sure if some of our community effort thread got manual permission or if the restriction was lifted, but i was able to edit all my threads again.

Was totally coincidence that i noticed i was able to edit again.

So problem solved, hopefully it will stay that way.

Good to hear! I do hope though that it also stays possible for smaller build guides/less well-known creators to update individual build guides.

Yes, i think we need any solution that works for anybody.

If EHG needs to manually grant permission, some relatively new members might feel discouraged to post content here, if they know they can’t maintan it.

I just tested and i can literally edit any old thread/post of mine, so the restriction either has been lifted for all or just for specific users, i don’t know.

But i am curious if what actualyl happend.
Was surprised that I could do it all of the sudden again.

It seems that there is another forum restriction active again, after it has been lifted or loosened.

I cannot edit any post or thread that is older than aprox. 6 months.

I really don’t mind this restriction for regular posts, but could this been lifted to OG posts in a thread?

To make maintaining it possible?