Can only launch the game in Full Offline. (Linux)

I’m not entirely which patch caused this issue as the last time I played online was at launch. Since then I’ve been playing full offline.

Today I tried to start the game but it fails. The Loading screen appears and locks the PC until it finally crashes the game back to Steam.

From the Player.log I see:

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/home/mango/.local/share/Steam/linux64/steamclient.so' OK.
src/common/pipes.cpp (883) : fatal stalled cross-thread pipe.
src/common/pipes.cpp (883) : fatal stalled cross-thread pipe.
src/common/pipes.cpp (883) : Fatal assert; application exiting
03/02 13:31:32 Init: Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(last epoch)/version(1.0)/tid(11973)
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/mango/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
assert_20240302133132_3.dmp[12200]: Uploading dump (out-of-process)
/tmp/dumps/assert_20240302133132_3.dmp
assert_20240302133132_3.dmp[12200]: Finished uploading minidump (out-of-process): success = yes
assert_20240302133132_3.dmp[12200]: response: Discarded=1
assert_20240302133132_3.dmp[12200]: file ''/tmp/dumps/assert_20240302133132_3.dmp'', upload yes: ''Discarded=1''
pid 12200 != 12199, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)

The game still works without issue in full offline mode.

Curiously, there seems to be many errors in the log when attempting to enter online that just don’t exist with full offline.

Player.log (60.0 KB)

Player.log (47.2 KB)

Edit: I should add:

Native Linux edition
openSUSE Tumbleweed

Edit 2:
Looking at this more closely, it seems to be Steam related. Unfortunately, the dump files created are obfuscated so useless to me.

I’ve checked some other games I have on steam but I haven’t found any issues. However, the only other online games I have use Proton as they’re not native.

It’s odd to me that the game runs correctly when in full offline mode but crashes hard otherwise.

Edit 3:
I’ve just found someone else with the same issue on Ubuntu, so it’s not distro specific

Slightly bizarre, I was doing some testing with Proton. When I switched back to Linux Native I could enter the online game!

I had the same thing happen. I also had issues with my sound where the LE would claim there was no sound driver. I had to nuke my settings file and switch between proton and native and then it started working again. That was under Manjaro. I’ve since switched to vanilla Arch.

I also have problems with the mini-map not rendering the map. This is fixed with adding a launch flag of -force-vulkan in the start options. However other icons then sometimes do not load.

None of my skill icons loaded, but when I zoned to the moniliths, they showed up. I also have not great performance. I have a pretty beefy rig and needed to turn some options to medium to get rid of some studder. On Windows I play on Ultra in 2k.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.