Beta 0.9e Patch Notes

Quests

• Fixed a bug where the portal to return to Thetima would not appear after killing Lagon. The waypoint to Soreth’Ka is unlocked however, so that can be used to progress without redoing the fight.
  • Fixed a bug where the Saving Last Refuge quest could become uncompletable in some situations. Talking to Gaspar again should fix the quest if it’s bugged for you.
  • Fixed a bug where the interaction to jump over the railing on the Dreadnought’s Deck would not appear if you left the zone after speaking with Alric.

Gameplay

• Fixed a bug which caused your item visuals and account name to fail to display and would display the default account label ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ (usually fixed by moving to a new zone). This fix may take a little while to be fully in effect.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Minion icons (top left of screen) to sometimes disappear.
  • Fixed a bug where the Shade of Orobyss’ concentric ring explosions could occasionally deal damage a second time, 2 seconds after the first.
  • Fixed a bug where leaving a dungeon via a player portal could sometimes cause other players to be unable to portal to you (LE-70).
  • Fixed LE-67 errors occurring if you clicked a dungeon door after someone put in a key and clicked Enter, but did not select a tier.
  • Fixed a bug where hardcore characters that had died still showed as hardcore in some parts of the UI.
  • Added tutorials to the start of the game for joining a party and re-assigning skills. We have other tutorial changes in progress.

Notes

Flame Reave

In 0.9c, we included a bug fix for Flame Reave’s Rhythm of Fire where it did not grant any stacks. We mistakenly believed this caused Flame Reave to never be able to receive the benefits of Rhythm of Fire. What actually happened before 0.9c was Flame Reave received the range and width bonus of Rhythm of Fire at all times, even when unspecialized, and received the damage bonus of Rhythm of Fire at all times when the Rhythm of Fire node was allocated.

This means the current behavior of the skill and node are now working as intended, but we described the bug fix incorrectly. This caused a lot of confusion, and set expectations that the skill would become even stronger, when it was actually much stronger than intended. We will be more thorough in our testing and patch notes.

Future Fixes

We’re continuing to monitor your feedback and bug reports on and off of the forum. We know you want to hear more frequent and specific updates on what we’re doing and we will work on this. Getting the right balance between communication and working on the fixes themselves is tricky, especially while we’re this busy. I’ll add a few below but this is by no means a complete list.

• We are monitoring issues with logging in and connecting to servers (i.e. being able to at all, and the speed of doing so). These issues are typically addressed on our backend, which happens separate from client/server releases.
  • We are continuing to investigate reports of progression rollbacks and improving our telemetry to diagnose causes.
  • We’ve identified the cause of skills on the actionbar being scrambled/un-set when playing Transform build and are working on a fix.
  • We’ve seen reports of Lunge causing the player to get stuck but haven’t found a consistent way to cause the behavior. Any details you can add in a bug report (types of enemies, location onscreen, recordings) would be helpful.
23 Likes

For me it happened a lot less since the latest bug fix to this.
But when it does still appear it was almost on enemies and not on breakables.
Most notabely statioanry enemies such as Soul Vessesl fro mAbomination or Spries in Echoes (but it does not happen all the time).

On top fo that it also sometimes happens, when you target an enemy that is not directy in line of sight and there is no clear path for lunge to start.

4 Likes

keep up the good work guys !!! wooo

1 Like

Any fixes for Shield Rush. It will regularly fail in solo multiplayer.

You monsters, bring back naked bear ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

5 Likes

Ok, let’s give this a whirl!

so nothing about some players unable to enter dungeon? the bug where after using the key on temporal sanctum and lightless arbor the doors inside dont show entrace light and are unable to procced

1 Like

Actually applaud your guys’ efforts to fix everything that is going on with the game rn, don’t change that. Thanks for listening to your player base and making the game a game :clap:

3 Likes

Second this, and also sometimes when you are able to go through portal, and after loading, you get put in a random area of the map (mostly the main entrance) and you get stuck in place unable to teleport out, to another player or even to town. Forcing you to leave game and lose your dungeon run, very frustrating indeed.

For me, it often happens when I targeted an enemy that’s offscreen and is on the “ceiling” and haven’t come down yet (like spiders or bats and other enemies coming from above). And when targeting enemies that also has mobility skills like rat’s leap and eber’s charging attack mid animation.

I might be wrong in these since it’s quite hard to track down everything happening on the screen but I feel like these are the cause. But there are still times that I get stuck outside these reasons I mentioned.

And while still a topic about Lunge, it’s consuming 2 charges per use with the “Double Strike” node allocated.

thanks for your hard work i know this patch be rough on all sides. but happy to see you guys work through it <3

4 Likes

Most cases of my lunge getting stuck seemed to be when enemies would come up from underground or fly in. So the “invisible enemies till approached” type

I just want to say it is so refreshing to see a developer with this much time and effort put in as well as responding so quickly to the community. Make sure yal take a little time off though!

1 Like

great job!

1 Like

Lunge freezes everytime you try to lunge into enemies that are in the air or underground. Sometimes lunge wont work on enemies that are not those types too but this happens less. Maybe something to do with enemies not aggroing you yet aka in wandering/afk mode. Because when the enemies are properly on my screen and have activated themselves towards me Lunge will work on those enemies.

this ^^^

Please fix the situation where you cannot set a skill to left click. Thanks!

This is definitely coming up in the priority list! We’re on it.

1 Like

On the topic of enemies high up in the air or underground, quite a few of them (like the Drowned squids, void despairs) don’t have a visible overhead HP bar - it’s probably there somewhere, very high or very low and thus off-screen.
(When a Void Despair spawns directly - from twinning affix for example - the HP bar is there).

Also, Lagon’s hitbox seems way too high, causing targeting him with stuff like auto Smite to be a pain.

Not that my opinion would matter a lot, but I would suggest not removing the buff around an ability as people have likely spent a lot of time gearing around said ability. Anyhow thanks for the constant effort =)