Beta 0.9c and 0.9d Patch Notes

GPU High temps happens even with framerate cap.
I can replicate the problem: Open the game > Login > Move a character to any “enemy area” > alt + tab > Open Google Chrome > Go to Youtube > Wait 15 seconds > Now go back to the game and look to the temps and you will see the GPU skyrocket. Please devs solve this, it has been plaguing the game for a long time.

1 Like

my desktop turns off sometimes while playing Last epoch it doesnt happen on other games tho

Insane lag. Before patch 9.c. & d. I had lag, but it was tossing me into Asia. Now. It’s saying Im in Australia (which I am) ping bar doesn’t change from the pale blue? of low ping. Yet, I get frame stop animation if not slide show when trying to do intensive echo’s.

I also noticed bug still exists but happens seldomly. For me (I’m using gamepad) it’s reproduced when enemies that have not appeared yet are focused, when there is some object or wall between sentinel and enemy, and strange case when I see that some enemy unit is focused (there is a title and description on top of screen) but I run all around the area and I couldn’t find any (may be spawning was finished with an error).
And 100% reproduce will be with towers casting global spells (soul spire) and they are also bugged for primalist because it’s not possible to summon healing totems via gamepad when it’s focused

"The following interactions now require a click rather than happening when you hold down the left mouse button and hover over the object:

• Using the Town Portal (both to town and from town)"

Can you please add “transitioning between zones” like when you go back accidentily and it costs you 2min of loading time.

Thats total the expected behavious of your GPU???

You put load on it, it draws more power, it gets hotter?
What exactly is the issue here?

And what does “high” mean - most modern GPUs have temp targets at around 85 Celcius. So if you put load on them they ramp up frequency till they hit temp or power target (whatever happens first). If you want to get temps lower, reduce the power target or get more cooling …

I third that :slight_smile:

But seriously. I’ve noticed this happens if you target an enemy off-screen that are in the “ceiling” (bats and spiders for example), and if you target an enemy that leaps or used a traversal/mobility skill towards you (those pesky rat leaps or rampaging Ebers for example). I don’t know what else causes it. And Lunge still uses 2 charges at once with the “Double Strike” node.

I’ll have to disagree. The game itself isn’t well optimized yet because of these stats.

I play Insurgency: Sandstorm which is miles more demanding than LE, at 120FPS and i have same usage of LE at 60FPS.

They need to handle these things before expanding the game further.

Something is FUBAR with your setup. There’s no way you should be struggling to break 60 fps. Lol. I’m hitting 144fps with a 2080ti at 3440x1440, ultra on everything. GPU load is only 30%-ish.

1 Like

I didn’t say my setup is not hitting that. I can do unlimited FPS even, it can handle it, I just don’t want to play a game like LE and feel like my PC is about to take off to Etera itself, while playing a much more demanding game on 1080p Ultra 165FPS barely makes the fans work (and has absolutely no lag whatsoever)

This issue has been in LE since wayyyy before .9 patch btw.

I bought the game years ago and the problem persists (on different setups)

Edit: just because the game works for you flawlessly (X for Doubt) it doesn’t mean me and hundreds others are reporting the issue for nothing. We report them because we want them to be fixed, not just to say negative things about the game.

When will the huge memory leak issue be looked at ?

1 Like

I also reported this earlier in the thread.

The game starts with about 4Gbs, half way my session I saw it yesterday it was 11GBs, and started lagging. (i have 32Gbs RAM too)

Yep, I also have 32gb Ram, game starts at about 2.5 - 3gb within 30 - 45 mins its pushing 8gb…

Although performance is better than it was, it is still not in a very good state.

Ryzen 7
3060 12gb
32gb Ram
PC sounds like its about to take off somewhere, however, hogwarts legacy barely spins a fan.

1 Like

Smite works but you have to target him behind his character model. Its annoying but thats a temporary fix

Are you sure you are not using any uniques that block crits?

Not because it was hard. But because his Necrotic explosion no longer corresponds to the visual indicator. This can lead to frustrating deaths. :frowning:

You also haven’t stated what hardware you’re using, details surrounding the issue, etc.

Bug reports of “It’s broke” don’t help. Sincerely, the dude that gets those kinds of bug reports all day.

Don’t be that way. The ‘X for Doubt’ is stupidly dismissive. Here’s my memory usage and GPU usage after almost an hour of playing. GPU Usage is lower in the first screenshot because I didn’t capture the image while in-game. My bad.

https://i.imgur.com/98a6XsH.png

https://i.imgur.com/BVX6ldf.png

So there’s my evidence that I’m not having a memory leak. My memory usage is actually lower an hour into playing. Lmao.

It sounds like your “makes the PC sound like it’s going to take off” comment is indicative of GPU fans kicking in… Going to be a silly question, but you do have ‘Limit FPS’ checked in the advanced settings of graphics, right??? The ‘Maximum FPS’ cap doesn’t work unless you do. Sounds like you don’t and the game is running at as high of an FPS as it can.

1 Like

My specs were stated in an earlier comment here which you probably missed.

i7-12700K
3080ti
32GBs RAM
2TBs SSD
1TB NVMe

Again, the point isn’t about arguing, it’s about the game being poorly optimized regardless if it works for you as intended.

Memory leaks happen after some time more than an hour and I think it depends on what you’re doing e.g. monos or Arenas or just random world nodes. (I even saw a streamer have the issue live and he had to restart his game because of it)

Intense GPU and CPU usage happening to me at 165fps limited.

I don’t have any problems playing at 60fps Ultra to avoid the constant whirling of the fans (because I don’t want to draw so much power with the GPU and CPU for a game that’s not even worth the consumption) so I limited at 60fps.

All in all it’s a beta and these things are expected, I hope we see some further improvements to the performance in later patches even before 1.0.

(tl;dr the game, at high FPS, makes my PC feel and sound like I’m playing Red Dead Redemption on Ultra with RTX, and still stutters every now and then)

The point is to try and find common denominators that could lead to a solution.

I’m on an Ryzen 9 5900x, 2080TI, 32GB of RAM and have the game on an NVME also.

I’m now at 3 1/2 hours-ish of farming Monoliths on my tornado lightning bug Primalist and my memory usage is even lower than at launch. :confused:
https://i.imgur.com/JCfnoEM.png

Protip: Comments like this are just unnecessary. They’re inflammatory and don’t help anybody.

1 Like

That’s exactly the point of my discussion :slight_smile: For some, the game works fine, for me (and others) we are having abnormal RAM usage, example below:

I did several hours of gameplay, and now I’m AFK at mono hub, my RAM is 6GBs (And increasing gradually from time to time).

Again, it doesn’t have to be because of Monoliths, maybe its something else, I don’t really know - but 6GBs of RAM when the game starts with ~3.5 is pretty weird, and after more time the game will start lagging and I’ll have to restart it

https://i.imgur.com/1QsS4ec.png

(because I don’t want to draw so much power with the GPU and CPU for a game that’s not even worth the consumption)

Maybe my wording wasn’t clear, I meant that a game like LE shouldn’t consume or use this much GPU/CPU even if you play it on high settings. Its like comparing Mario with CyberPunk (Nearly :smile:)

I hope this clears things out!

1 Like