Enemy, map and FoV feedback

• Lotus Halls level is too big and 4 loading screens to pick up the quest macguffins makes this long ass level even longer.

• Lightning elementals and chimeras have a ridiculously long targeting range, ive been hit by LEs from a full screen distance away in some cases which brings me to the next point

• Screen zoom is munted, you can scroll all the way in to what, look at your character? Scrolling out doesn’t zoom out far enough. If you won’t change the distance you can be targeted by enemies, then change the zoom to compensate so you can actually see whats attacking you from offscreen

-Screen tilt is a bit weird as well, you can see way more to your east and west than you can north and south. This would probably fix itself if you could zoom out a few clicks more though. Grim Dawn had this about right I reckon.

• “Flesh” style enemies have an insane amount of health and are too easy to avoid. They are so bloody annoying in arena, feels like a time sink, so maybe lower their hp by 30% and increase their speed by 30% or whatever to make them a credible threat. I don’t want to be annoyed when I play a game, I want it to be fun and challenging and these things are neither.

• Also the “Eye” type enemies. They have a stupid amount of health, like absolutely ridiculous for a common enemy, more than most rare enemies. Needs to be either changed to rare and their drop rates etc adjusted, or leave them as normal and drop their hp by 30% at the very least. Again, annoying, not fun or challenging.

*side note regarding unbalanced enemies - yes i know you can just run past them in most cases, but in arena you cant, which makes them even worse there.

edited for more clarification

Hey… a few replies to your comments.

Honestly cannot recall… I found the quests in the ice zones going back and forth a little tedious but ok… Really dont even remember Lotus Halls.

Agree… I have had issues where I would be doing speed runs and wondering where the hell the lightning blasts were coming from… only to have to run back a full screen to find a lightning elemental blasting me from afar… This is similar to the Rogue bow skills that kill mobs off screen - it may be that ranged length (of any source) is too far…

Pretty useless zooming really… Although I do also wish that you could zoom out a little more. Not critical, and you get used to it, but a little wider view would be nice without having to get a higher res monitor setup.

Honestly never noticed… I dont run Arena so perhaps thats why. In normal play I hardly notice them.

When I first started playing I absolutely loathed these Eye buggers as they seemed (like the Elementals) to be OP… but honestly they were a nice “scary” white mob that kicked my arse and forced me to gear up to deal with them - no other mob (except for those fire golems) forced this same action… So, yes, they are hard, but I dont agree that they should be changed.

To be honest I struggle to see this as a problem. Yes, there are white mobs that can kick your arse and others that are pathetic (even for low level builds), but I like that this forces you to get into learning the mechanics of the game and adjusting passives/gearing up etc. I have played other games where you sail through levels and then hit brick walls of boss fights and are forced to go back… For me these harder white mobs (and some rares) give you smaller hurdles earlier and more frequently so that by the time you are facing a boss, I dont feel that I have to go back 10 levels and grind before I can successfully pass the him/her.

Thanks for the feedback… :wink: and happy new year…

1 Like

The game mechanics have nothing to do with it. The time it takes to kill them is obscene for little to no reward. With MoF as it is currently, there is no incentive whatsoever to fight anything, people run straight to the objectives. And with arena, same problem again, but now it becomes a waste of time fighting a very easy enemy that just takes far too long to kill for little reward. Even worse when theres more than 1 onscreen at a time, still just as easy to kite, but now takes twice as long to kill them both. It is an utter waste of time and if you struggle to see how that is a problem in an ACTION rpg, then i dont think you understand the genre very well.

If you don’t wanna hear different opinions on a topic, then don’t post into an open feedback forum.

You asume that your taste of what is good and fun and bad an boring is the only viable. I dislike these kind of attitude very much.

I agree with @vapourfire, especially on this topic. For me it is absolutely ok that there are enemies that are more dangerous or tanky or whatever. This also characterizes the enemy types. There are mobs that you have to fear even at lower arena levels, because they hit hard or have a high crit chance. The moment you see them you have to switch from one handed facetanking to kiting.

And if your solution for monolith is to just run by them, maybe you did not understand the game.

You get higher chest rewards in monolith the more mobs you killed during a map. What’s the point in just running to the end without killing enemies.

If you have high magic find bonus your chances of looting good gear are much much higher if you clear the mono map. Not only has every slain enemy the chance to drop a good item, also the chest will shower you with loot.

Yeah I get it. Some people just run from start to end to get to the bossfight as fast as possible to farm the items and blessings. But isn’t killing monsters on a map the core gameplay of an ARPG? Not running past them to find the exit?

Even if this would be the most viable gameplay currently (for some it is, I know) would needing the enemies increase the incentive to clear the map? I doubt this. Because people that skip enemies in mono don’t do this because these enemies are too hard. They do this with every mob no matter how strong or weak they are, because they feel they need to rush.

So imo there should be more=higher rewards for clearing maps instead of nerfing enemies.

2 Likes

Hey there… I think we will will just have to agree to disagree on this particular feedback… As @XLVI_carpo (beat me to it) says, there are plenty of incentives and I personally play the game and derive enjoyment differently to you.

Cheers and again.,… thanks for the feedback… the more the merrier and the better the devs can make the game for everyone.

I’m open to opinions but not when the rationale behind them is totally flawed and has no bearing on the actual problem.

Ill spell it out in a list form to make it easier -

1. The mechanics play no part in enemy health
  2. The enemies in question are NOT a challenge for ANY build
  3. The time vs reward is not enough - games like this are built on the dopamine rewards, small FAST chunks, go do some research on that yourself.
  4. Characterisation of archetypes is fine if applied properly, so it makes no sense that a small floating eyeball with tentacles has the same health as a giant behemoth that swings a wrecking ball around
  5. You don’t have to fear any enemies, i don’t know how you came up with that
  6. The reward chest really doesn’t give more rewards for more enemies killed, that is a fact. I have gotten lootsplosions for running straight to objectives and virtually nothing for killing everything in my way. Other players can confirm this easily.
  7. Efficiency is king in these games
  8. Your focus seems to be only on MoF whereas I said this problem is made worse in arena.
  9. The attitude I think is abhorrent is “community testers” acting like they are part of the dev team. You’re not an employee of EHG are you? Stop acting like it.

I don’t really care if you disagree with my feedback, its not for you, it’s for the dev team.

Just imagine that community reactions to feedback is also a kind of feedback for devs.

If you post “xxx is bad” it’s interesting to see if 90% of the community agrees with that or not.

This is what I got out if the context. Maybe the failure is in my side. Maybe you didn’t make it clear enough.

Again you state your impressions as a fact. But in reality the only fact is:

Afaik and according to my experience this has not been reverted.

If you experience something different, please make a bug report with maybe a short clip that proofs your point.

This again. Community testers act like they have their own opinion. I disagree with your statements and your aggressive tone. This is something personal and has nothing to do with me being a CT. But I get that this is a common argument for people that lack on topic arguments. If you feel better you can beat that dead horse. Doesn’t make any of your points more or less valid.

As a CT I give my own personal feedback wherever I want. I did this before and I do it now with the only difference that I have a new badge and access to features a bit earlier than others. My opinion and my attitude did not change.

And of course I’m no employee of EHG. This is the reason why I don’t feel any incentive to be nice to you if you act like you do actually.

Edit: It’s really a shame that this turn into this shitshow. You have some valid points, but you destroy most of it with your aggressive tone.

1 Like

Yea. I was silently agreeing with some of his points - even points on some Tanky mobs (e.g. should all mobs have health relatively in line, or how to incentivize player base to engage tankier mobs instead of just skipping them otherwise). But his “if you disagree with me, you are wrong and don’t understand the genre (because obviously I have perfect understanding of how this game should be made)” attitude, just turn me off.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.