Aschere's Vinebear Monolith Speed Clearer 0.8.5 | 10K EHP | ~50-100K DPS | Very Fast Clear | New Player and Hardcore friendly | Detailed Written Guide | 200+ Empowered

It’s a bit better than that for getting 1 stack from 2 hits, it’s 64% (1- (probability of not getting a stack)^2) = 1-(0.6)^2 = 1-0.36).

We are saying the same thing, i just split the 64% out into 48% and 16% since chill can stack up to three times. 36% of time its 0 stacks (no chill), 48% of time its one stack, and 16% of time its two stacks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t you just use the new dummy by the champion arena? That’s what I did to test my vines on your build

Also had some other questions:

Would a 2LP Usurper be better than the 2H staff if I can get the minion phys/spell rolls on there

and regarding some of the idol suffixes, does it matter if it’s minion spell damage vs minion poison? Either should be good, right?

Oh, I didn’t realize they have a new dummy. I’ll try it out.

For Usurper, if you get a T5+ minion phys OR minion spell I would highly advise using it. The life recovery is probably the only real con with this build and that pretty much resolves it. You do lose some damage, but its well worth the tradeoff. If you manage to land both of them (I tried but only hit one on my 2LP Usurper) then you hit the jackpot.

“Spell damage for you and your minions” is better. Minion poison chance is nice, but it’s not the primary source of damage that this build is scaling - most of our damage is from the flat physical we add and then scale. I’d still strive for life and resistance idols though personally.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick answers @Llama8 and @Aschere !!

Now it makes sense! :slight_smile:

And yeah, I forgot to mention that I meant the new test dummy^^*’

Hello everyone !

Sooo I have really had a blast with this build, pushing it relatively far (T4 Jurla, Empowered, etc), and I have collected some powerful uniques in the process (the all low life/frostbite shackles set up, Bastion of Honour). Therefore, I was thinking of “upgrading” to a different build, maybe more uniques intensive. Do you think EQ or Cold DoT Werebear overall deal more damage? Clear faster? Or should I just try to push this build further (going low life ward with Reach/bastion for example)?

I made a new one just to compare to the two. It’s strong in it’s own way for sure and while it’s satisfying to see the EQs, it’s definitely not a farming machine of death like this and it can be a bit frustrating if you’re facing a tougher enemy and you’re waiting for EQ to get back up while with this build the vines/spriggy are dealing consistent damage.

Again, EQ was definitely strong though, I wouldn’t say it’s an upgrade though, more of a lateral transfer.

2 Likes

Oh, so this is the ultimate farming machine ? And here I thought I was just getting started…

There are a lot but I guess it depends on how fast you want to go. Like the description says, it’s a speed clearing build so you can plop down some vines, run and repeat. Rampage lets you move quickly and it’s cooldown refreshes at the same time so you only really stop to pick stuff up and with decent gear/no corruption stacked, stuff basically dies instantly.

In a different sense you have marksman (rogue), you can clear the entire screen and beyond with something like bow mage with a few clicks which this can’t do but then even if you have 80% movement speed + shift or something, rampage is faster and goes on for however long you want before an obstacle.

There are a bunch of sentinel builds that have really nice clearing abilities but I’m not big into them, you can check out the videos. I would just say this is up there though for clearing, depends on what you like.

edit: I should add to clarify there are a lot of builds good for farming, some are just faster than others and this is one since vines will attack even while you’ve moved on and technically the only thing to slow you down in this build with decent gear is picking up loot.

Hummm, I see. Sometimes I feel like vines take a loooong time to kill stuff, so I was wondering if a low life (Frostbite shackles, exsanguinous, Last step) build with higher AoE DPS would be more viable. Not sure if that exists though, maybe we have the ultimate farmer right here :smiley:

I still find the build a bit slow against bosses.
I’ve just defeated Lagon and Harton at low corruption, it was long.
But agains mobs, packs, etc, it’s a rocket!

1 Like

I have the same opinion as below but while the bosses take a bit longer it’s not that it’s life or death, just long though my positioning isn’t always ideal on things like T4 Julra which may lead to the occasional instant death

but it’s all a tradeoff, my bow mage and lightning sorc have amazing screen clear and shred Julra to pieces really damn quick but lack the same mobility as this, though I’ve been playing them for a long time now and have pretty good gear plus a crap ton of things stashed compared to a newer player.

If you’re looking for some interesting builds you could check these out and I’ll have you know I’m proud to play generic builds because I’m shameless (looking at you Shtrak).

@Aschere Popping my head back in just to check, this build still viable? Was my favorite build before I took a break, would love to play it again. Also, is Julra’s Obsession gloves good on this build, or better of going for raw minion damage or something like that? Thanks again!

Yeah, nothing has really changed so it’s just as powerful as before.

Julra’s obsession would make good gloves. I wrote the guide and played this before they were introduced and never realized to add those gloves into guide. I’ll add it, its a good addition. Thanks!

1 Like

So I tried these out a while back and asked the devs about it as well. Minion health/damage applied to minions applies to the minions of the minions.

Would that still be the best choice over something like cast speed? Or is the minion/health damage still worth it for the initial application?

edit: okay…replied to the wrong person again, I give up on life

Hello there,

I have been on this build for a bit now (lvl 97, leveled with it). I am kind of at the door of Jurla T4 (still randomly die being clumsy in the dungeon before here, but breeze through Jurla T3 with ease).

I am hesitating between Reach of the Grave/Bastion of Honour or Usurper’s Mandate (no LP, average rolls on both). What do you think would be the best? Staff still feel too squishy, even with the leech from the relic.

Unfortunately I cannot post my build planner but I have the classic maxed res, full exalted items following this guide, around 2700 health.

If i remember correctly, Reach of the Grave only gives cast speed, and not enough of it to really compete with a good rare/exalted wand/staff/sceptre that can get +200% or more minion spell damage and (depending on the weapon type) minion physical damage. The guide (and my personal experience) says that a 2h with spell & physical damage is ideal, but if you absolutely MUST use Bastion (or any shield), i’d probably assume a wand with the proper suffixes would be better than Reach of the grave. Going to Usurpers with no LP will be a big bump in survivability, but much less damage. The 1h + bastion is probably a decent middle ground, but I don’t remember if wands/sceptres can get the right stats (minion spell and/or physical dmg).

Here you have it, boost minions spell/bow damage, leech, bow attack/cast speed which seemed fairly important to me, especially the speed. But I might be mistaken

Reach of the Grave - Unique Archive Wand - Wand - Last Epoch Item Database (lastepochtools.com)

@Aschere

What do you of (Silvafrond - Unique Turquoise Ring - Ring - Last Epoch Item Database) as a late game upgrade? Of course atleast a 2LP one.

Also, I feel like lacking in damage, though only against bosses.
But, as we can practically move around at almost all times, one can easily play:
Wings of Argentus

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.