Lizards Bow Mage | Build Guide | 0.8.4G

Yea, it does, was hoping “dragon fire” was a projectile not “dragon breath” which I feel is a more fitting name. Still, glad you showed me because I was planning on making a whole new character before even seeing it in action because I love my rogues that much.

1 Like

Proccing on crit for a Rogue is a non-issue after a second or two.

1 Like

Yea, but that’s a second I could be using to do nothing.

You’re right it probably wouldn’t be an issue but I was really hoping for a fire version of this, I wanted to watch mobs burn.

From experience, it’s not really an issue. Sometimes you get a string of procs close together & it’s awesome, sometimes you don’t (due to the ~34% chance to proc on crit) and you’ll feel sad.

1 Like

Flurry/Multishot seems to be consuing MUCH mroe mana since the patch, or maybe returning less mana. Am I the only one noticing this? I didn’t see anything mentioned in patch notes, but I’m actually running out of mana on bosses, which wasn’t an issue before.

Yea, I was just hoping for something that goes offscreen or to the edge at least. Marksman may be my favorite because I enjoy seeing the widescreen devastation. If you make a projectile go the distance and add in some special effects, my heart is won over.

Yeah, I did ask about that, but the proc is balanced around it not covering the screen nor auto-targeting the mobs.

1 Like

Flurry is returning less due to the lower attack speed. The devs are aware of it & going to fix it (presumably by either reducing the cost for the Multishot proc or increasing the amount of mana you get back).

It gives 4-7% base crit to all fire skills too and you get some crit chance travelling for marksman so won’t have to worry about that for cinderstrike atleast.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on how to level Marksman? I’ve tried the flurry/multishot method and it just feels so bad. The mana sustain is awful even when I’m doing my best to aim it, I just don’t find it fun.

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Bleed Puncture is so smooth. You pierce everything, Puncture has alot of bleed chance in tree, and frenzy.

1 Like

So if I did the top and right nodes for bleed and poison on Puncture, that’s what you’re talking about?

Mind if I ask what directions you went with Umbral Blades?

1 Like

Did you take just enough points t get Bladestorm and then path to the bottom where the bleed/poison nodes are?

1 Like

Personally, I kinda followed Lizard’s Detonating Arrow build as my first char and switched to Bowmage after I killed Heorot (I dropped Mourningfrost in Lagon timeline). Flurry(non channel)+DA is nice thanks to huge base dmg from ele arrows and the more dmg from suckerpunch is pretty good early on. Its kinda annoying to get the double hit on regular packs but is not needed much and is good for bosses. I also made a few changes such as shurikens instead of decoy for much better/faster shock + shred + crit vuln and armor. Note this was some patches ago but idt much has changed.

After the patch, this build is hard to play

• damage dropped a lot without changing my gears
  • mana hardly to maintain
    Hopefully the mana issue get resolved soon

I played it after the patch and I had no mana issue.
We get mana back when we hit an enemy. Are you channelling for long without touching anyone?
About damage, I’d tend to agree: it does less damage.

so how viable is this build after the last patch at the moment?

1 Like

Still good to go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.