Aschere's Vinebear Monolith Speed Clearer 0.8.5 | 10K EHP | ~50-100K DPS | Very Fast Clear | New Player and Hardcore friendly | Detailed Written Guide | 200+ Empowered

love you, dad

1 Like

Great guide, thank you :smiley:

1 Like

what a lovely guide, having a blast playing this build thx a lot

1 Like

Second staff (Imbued Horned Staff of Authority) is better. Minion physical and minion spell damage are additive (all of the minion damage is pure physical spell damage) - it makes absolutely no difference which one you have more of.

First staff is 431%+38%=469%
Second staff is 323%+176%=499%

499% > 469% so go with that. Prefixes don’t really matter.

1 Like

The 1st staff does have +9 more adaptive spell damage, which might make a difference. I’m not sure if that translates to the minions or not.

I have another question…

“Summon Vines” is listed as having a Minion Poison tag…I can’t seem to figure out how they are scaling with physical damage. Am I missing something obvious? The only thing I can think of is that since it’s part of Spriggan Form, which has the physical tag, vines inherit that tag, but I don’t see anything anywhere that says this.

It doesn’t since its not minion adaptive spell damage.

As Llama8 said, it does not help. It boosts your own personal spell damage (entangling roots damage) which is practically zero already.

It is a very poor and confusing tooltip. The poison scaling refers to the fact that they have a poison chance and scales the respective DOT. When you take Huntersbane node it causes them to cast “spirit thorns” which is a “physical” spell.

You can test this with a staff that has +% minion physical damage (equip and and unequip it and see the damage difference - preferably on a character without other sources of flat minion damage).

Additionally, we are adding a lot of flat “minion adaptive damage” and “minion physical damage”. The adaptive damage assumes physical since the base scale is physical meaning that all of this flat damage also scales off of the minion physical %.

I’m not 100% if the melee vines are physical as I never tested it but I strongly presume they are as well. I don’t think there are any sources of flat hit poison damage in the game. Even sources like “Acid Flask” and “Serpent Strike” do base physical damage for the hit portion.

Hey :slight_smile: Is this Build still viable?

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to the forums…

The build should be ok… nothing has changed in the game since the build was “created” that would affect it specifically.

Have not played it myself and I cannot say for sure if anything in the next patch (expected sometime this month) is likely to affect it but it should be fine.

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:
I’ll try it out right now!

It is fully up to date. Nothing has changed (although that could change whenever they announce patch notes).

Edit: Patch notes came out. This build is completely unaffected.

1 Like

Hey Aschere! I’m still playing your DoT Pally :smiley: Saw the thread had died out and wondered if you had moved on to another class… and here we are.

Going to give this a go. Had/still have a lot of fun with the Pally build so keen to see if this is up to the same standard. Great guides!

Peace

1 Like

So… is it still viable?

Nothing changed the last 12 days :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

This build is not only viable, its really great! One of my favourite builds. I’m using it specced into cold damage and might lose some DPS. The physical variant has higher damage potential.

The playstyle is just nice. And very good survivability. It’s strong throughout the story and scales very well into lategame.

Give it a go and you won’t regret it :metal:

2 Likes

Yep, it’s still up to date. 0.8.5 doesn’t nerf or change anything here. There may be some new uniques that could be good additions, but I haven’t checked them out yet.

1 Like

I’m really enjoying it. My gear is so-so… still trying to get the belt to drop but just have an ok rare belt.

Honestly the damage of this build is quite nice and isn’t heavily gear dependant. I can’t remember the last time I died honestly, it’s just been smooth sailing through all the mono’s as I reach the empowered ones.

@Aschere Really interested to see what kind of build you come up with for other classes!

Is Lagonian Idol wilth both +helth and %increased health really so rare? I could not get anyone drop. :frowning:

Yeah I really struggle to have them drop. I think I’ve only ever had a few drop in over 500hrs honestly.

I just have them on my filter of every class… and I just move them from character to character. They are just good to have and can be used basically on all classes (yes some classes have specific idols they aim for, but these will always be used at least as filler or leveling). They aren’t super rare, but getting a good rolled one is. If you are brand new, you might even just run with a % health + some other random stat lagonian idol.

small question. How do you make those nice collapsing menus in this written guide?
Asking for a friend…