Aschere's Caster Paladin DOT 0.8.3. 7788 EHP, 100-200K single target DPS. High Corruption and 200+ Arena. (S-Tier)

Even if they reding this, this build is less immortal than warebear EQ was i think. Its strong but there is so many things to work for min-maxing this. I’m just in 3rd monolith and I’m still excited for future crafts and drops. I absoluteky love this but build really not need nerf. Nerfs are for builds where u going with no walls can stop You and u don’t need anything more for killing everything with one button after drop key items

2 Likes

Thanks for this nice build and very detailed guide. First time i can farm empowered monoliths at all. I farmed staves a few days and got this nice one (base with inc dot damage with t5 eledot, t6 chance to ignite and t3 ele damage and t1 chance to shock, 47% chance for next craft, maybe ill take the risk to push inc ele damage further more):
https://imgur.com/fb4uSmL
It will be hard to get a better one on this beautiful base. For the rest of the gear its pretty tough to get the right stats and blessings. Iam almost lvl 97 and never found the set ring, but got the other set ring 9 times. Will bring this char to my first lvl100 i think. I really loving it. Ty again and good luck for your loot.

1 Like

Wow, awesome staff.

And while that 36% chance to shock doesn’t seem amazing, it’ll equate to about a -60% to -70% lightning resistance given how much you hit. Definitely run the Electrify variant if you aren’t already. It’ll be an enormous single target damage buff.

U said cast speed is more QoL but Isn’t that: cast speed = more orbs= more mobile orbs= more ignites from orbs per second= every % cast speed is so much more damage?

I have 2 staffs with similar stats but 1 with cast speed and i feel clearing with this one is much smoother. I know dot / ignite is most important for scaling but isn’t cast speed just third important stat? Or i’m missing something with scaling with my staffs :stuck_out_tongue:

For devouring orb:

Cast speed won’t significantly increase the number of orbs you get as the cast animation time is very small compared to the cooldown. It will reduce the stutterstepping. If you want more orbs you should try for more cooldown reduction.

Cast speed has no effect on abyssal orb frequency.

For Smite:

Cast speed does an ok increase in damage. Given smite is only 40% of your damage though it is diminished. It will feel a lot nicer casting though.

So I think its nice, but more from a QOL perspecitve.

1 Like

The attack/cast speed shrines do have a very noticeable effect though.

Just fractured this :stuck_out_tongue: Still big deal

Hi, great guide, thanks for creating/sharing it!
Quick question, I’m using a Calamity helm while leveling. Would you still go the lightning variant with that helm or stick with the full fire variant till I have both the monolith shreds?

You bring up a really good point. I think I actually leveled with Calamity as well. It’s a good helmet especially before you have good base ignite chance.

However, having said that, I would NOT go electrify if you go calamity. If you take the electrify node it’s converted to lightning rather than fire skill meaning the ignite chance doesn’t apply.

You won’t get added ignite for devouring orb (just the +% fire dmg mod).

However, once you get a T1 ignite duration/damage on a good base type helmet (or with other mods), you’re almost better off switching off of calamity and over to ignite version.

Note, in 0.8.4, they are adding a new unique (Aurelis) that could enable a melee version of the electrify variant of this build. New Unique and Set items coming in Patch 0.8.4

Given it is a sword, you can use it in your offhand with a solid one hand wand or maybe pair it with a shield/catalyst.

Did you experiment sacrificing 1 smite point for fissure for the additional source to proc dots? I’m thinking the dot dmg loss from that 1 point might be made up by all the additional dot stacks procced by fissure.

I did but the damage was far too low and the mana cost was far too high. It costs an extra 20mana/sec and fissure is about the damage of a single extra ignite. I don’t think fissures stack either (I could be mistaken). Either way, the mana costs were so high that it would chew up all your mana especially if using other abilities like Sigils of Hope. You’d have to build around the mana cost and even then it feels just far too low.

Hmm i see. Fissures do stack btw. Maybe swapping in the Devotion amulet might actually bring in something good for the mana loss. Was just wondering.

The additional cast speed would help since you’d get more non-Fissuring Smites per Fissure, but I’d be surprised if it were enough to sustain both Fissure & Sigils of Hope. Though that would require some reworking of the gear to get more max mana, so it’d be a max mana build rather than a max hp build.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.