Aschere's Caster Paladin DOT 0.8.3. 7788 EHP, 100-200K single target DPS. High Corruption and 200+ Arena. (S-Tier)

@furkankoc

There is a similar build in youtube (Void Caster VK 0.8.3 (AFK Lv100 Shade) - YouTube ). Which version do you think is better? (I’m not experienced enough to detect differences)

I’ve previously played a void crit version and I think they each have pros and cons. They will certainly play very similar to one another.

Where I think the DOT build is better:

• Easier to gear (Excluding staff, it will be far easier to gear as you get so much more basic resists, crit avoidance, and endurance - a lot of which comes from Holy Aura)
  • Much tankier (You’ll be rocking more endurance, more life, and because of the easier gearing, you can stick more life rolls on your suffixes)
  • Higher damage at higher gear levels
  • Slightly more movement speed/faster clear (but they’ll both be zoom zoom)

Where I think Void Crit is better:

• Higher damage at lower gear levels
  • Don’t have to worry about sigils (they are more important in a DOT version)
  • Better life recovery through more leech
  • I think the graphics/animations are a little cooler, but maybe thats a personal preference

No difference:

• Damage at medium gear levels. They’re probably on par with each other.
  • Gameplay style is very very similar.
  • Similar stuttersteps. You’ll get more cast speed in void crit, but you’ll also be casting it more with Swiftrest.

My rough suggestion would be that if you expect to run a build to level 100 or farm extensively, i’d say run paladin DOT. If you expect to play and stop around the time you get to empowered monoliths, I’d say run void crit as it drops off in power at higher levels due to being squishier.

One note is if you do run void crit, I think its better to run 3/3 swiftrest for 30% CDR. It’s one of the most important nodes in Anomaly since it improves how often you cast Devouring and Time bubble. I was surprised to see he didn’t spec into it. Without it, I think you lose a ton of DPS (i’d drop some leech or crit nodes).

@Pegasus157

I think sigils get a bad rap - taking the quality of life nodes means you really don’t have to do a lot to maintain them. That said, I am personally annoyed by the stutterstepping, even with cast speed affixes, and would be curious to see if there is a way to remove that. I know it’s fundamental to the build, but imagining you had to remove it, is there anything you would suggest?

Getting 5/5 on Sightless Star (Devouring Orb cast speed) is ABSOLUTELY crucial - both for cast speed than for mana efficiency. It’s why I rush it first thing even though the Abyssal nodes is where you get most of your damage. The reduction in stuttersteps from that first 35% cast speed is enormous.

After that, I’d recommend aiming for at least ~14% cast speed (one T5 roll. Can get up to 30% with two T5 on gloves/relic) - there is almost no good prefixes for gloves anyways. It makes the stuttersteps a lot less noticeable. If getting something like 25% off of those two items and it still bothers you, then I’d suggest a slightly modified Smite tree to get Righteous Flurry which will get an extra +20% cast speed putting you at net 80% cast speed (25% gear + 20% Righteous + 35% Sightless). At 60%+ cast speed, it personally becomes unnoticeable to me. I settled for 50% and I got used to the very slight stutterstep.

Here is recommended Smite tree modification to reduce stutterstep (slight reduction in damage, elimination of most of smite’s healing): https://i.imgur.com/MZXLRcb.jpg

Hope that helps!

As far as sigils, I don’t notice much especially if i’m speed clearing the map. I usually just cast at start of map (quickly cast three of four) and then forget about it. The auto-cast node maintains me at four stacks most of the time. This build is so fast that its kind of less of a deal compared to all the other sentinel builds that run it (and as was commented earlier in the thread almost every build does due to its sheer power - which is my bigger problem with having a near-mandatory skill).

1 Like

If you take the instant cast node that will remove the stutter stepping.

Hi! I can see how bleeding scaling with damage (lunge tree). But what with the poison for example? I can’t understand how it helps for damage and where. I can see ignite scaling and this lunge but i dont understand the other ones :stuck_out_tongue: Btw great build. I just forgot about bear earthquake nerf for this one. TY

We don’t get a lot of scaling off of the bleed or the poison. Just generic “increased DOT” (which is inferior to getting “increased ele DOT”) and “increased damage” (120% from sigils, 24% passive tree). For bleed you also have 16% pen and 32% increased from passive. If you have a staff with “increased DOT” (such as implicit or prefix), the unique boots, or just as a random equipment prefix it’ll make more of a difference. On my setup the 86% bleed chance equates to 3257DPS (or 2.4%). For poison it will probably be less unless the -resistance per poison stack adds up enough (i haven’t run the numbers).

Also note that the bleeding on lunge tree doesn’t actually bleed. It gets converted to ignite with the last passive (including any bleed from the monolith blessing).

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think EHG reads these forums.

Yo, if you´re here cause PoE has nothing to give to you anymore, try this build. It is detonate dead with herald of ash combined in an auto-cast an on top you get heal on right click.

Amazing!

1 Like

Even if they reding this, this build is less immortal than warebear EQ was i think. Its strong but there is so many things to work for min-maxing this. I’m just in 3rd monolith and I’m still excited for future crafts and drops. I absoluteky love this but build really not need nerf. Nerfs are for builds where u going with no walls can stop You and u don’t need anything more for killing everything with one button after drop key items

2 Likes

Thanks for this nice build and very detailed guide. First time i can farm empowered monoliths at all. I farmed staves a few days and got this nice one (base with inc dot damage with t5 eledot, t6 chance to ignite and t3 ele damage and t1 chance to shock, 47% chance for next craft, maybe ill take the risk to push inc ele damage further more):
https://imgur.com/fb4uSmL
It will be hard to get a better one on this beautiful base. For the rest of the gear its pretty tough to get the right stats and blessings. Iam almost lvl 97 and never found the set ring, but got the other set ring 9 times. Will bring this char to my first lvl100 i think. I really loving it. Ty again and good luck for your loot.

1 Like

Wow, awesome staff.

And while that 36% chance to shock doesn’t seem amazing, it’ll equate to about a -60% to -70% lightning resistance given how much you hit. Definitely run the Electrify variant if you aren’t already. It’ll be an enormous single target damage buff.

U said cast speed is more QoL but Isn’t that: cast speed = more orbs= more mobile orbs= more ignites from orbs per second= every % cast speed is so much more damage?

I have 2 staffs with similar stats but 1 with cast speed and i feel clearing with this one is much smoother. I know dot / ignite is most important for scaling but isn’t cast speed just third important stat? Or i’m missing something with scaling with my staffs :stuck_out_tongue:

For devouring orb:

Cast speed won’t significantly increase the number of orbs you get as the cast animation time is very small compared to the cooldown. It will reduce the stutterstepping. If you want more orbs you should try for more cooldown reduction.

Cast speed has no effect on abyssal orb frequency.

For Smite:

Cast speed does an ok increase in damage. Given smite is only 40% of your damage though it is diminished. It will feel a lot nicer casting though.

So I think its nice, but more from a QOL perspecitve.

1 Like

The attack/cast speed shrines do have a very noticeable effect though.

Just fractured this :stuck_out_tongue: Still big deal

Hi, great guide, thanks for creating/sharing it!
Quick question, I’m using a Calamity helm while leveling. Would you still go the lightning variant with that helm or stick with the full fire variant till I have both the monolith shreds?

You bring up a really good point. I think I actually leveled with Calamity as well. It’s a good helmet especially before you have good base ignite chance.

However, having said that, I would NOT go electrify if you go calamity. If you take the electrify node it’s converted to lightning rather than fire skill meaning the ignite chance doesn’t apply.

You won’t get added ignite for devouring orb (just the +% fire dmg mod).

However, once you get a T1 ignite duration/damage on a good base type helmet (or with other mods), you’re almost better off switching off of calamity and over to ignite version.

Note, in 0.8.4, they are adding a new unique (Aurelis) that could enable a melee version of the electrify variant of this build. New Unique and Set items coming in Patch 0.8.4

Given it is a sword, you can use it in your offhand with a solid one hand wand or maybe pair it with a shield/catalyst.

Did you experiment sacrificing 1 smite point for fissure for the additional source to proc dots? I’m thinking the dot dmg loss from that 1 point might be made up by all the additional dot stacks procced by fissure.

I did but the damage was far too low and the mana cost was far too high. It costs an extra 20mana/sec and fissure is about the damage of a single extra ignite. I don’t think fissures stack either (I could be mistaken). Either way, the mana costs were so high that it would chew up all your mana especially if using other abilities like Sigils of Hope. You’d have to build around the mana cost and even then it feels just far too low.

Hmm i see. Fissures do stack btw. Maybe swapping in the Devotion amulet might actually bring in something good for the mana loss. Was just wondering.

The additional cast speed would help since you’d get more non-Fissuring Smites per Fissure, but I’d be surprised if it were enough to sustain both Fissure & Sigils of Hope. Though that would require some reworking of the gear to get more max mana, so it’d be a max mana build rather than a max hp build.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.