Arena Champions

So no exclusive rewards for this one huh. Will still be fun to try out.

Imagine if Crimson Blade ran poison flurry on us :joy:

5 Likes

Interested to see how it feels to play vs our own!
Hope the scaling for the last tier is out of this world, and no CA and build crushing mods on this one!

1 Like

Or Alfrig, snapshotting the shit out of us with EQ

2 Likes

Questions:

• Will these training dummies have any additional tags current dummies do not, such as “rare” “boss” “enemy” So that things like spriggan vines will attack?

• Will a new key be needed to enter or just a normal arena key we are already collecting?

• Some dummies are registered as “evil” rather than aligned as “barrel”, so yes minions will attack them.

• You will use the same arena key for Arena of Champions (keys of memory have no effect on Arena Champions)

2 Likes

I don’t mind fighting an alternate Shtrak. I’d like not to fight a LizardIRL. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Killing it guys!

• Are these keys to new hidden areas or are they for the new dungeons?
  • Do we ransack the champions loot in reserve or do we only get what it drops when we kill the champion? ( is it safe to assume a unique will be tied to each one? if so will there be a different unique for each tier for each boss, for a total of 12 uniques?

Bman going full detective i like it!

Will the arena champions have any kind of randomization of skill sets? Such randomization would be good at keeping the content fresh and avoid boredom by memorizing the same skill set fight every time. Would also be an interesting way to poke at different resistances for challengers

I hope this is the case to keep it fresh

I would assume no, so far EHG has shown that tiers are a great way to gauge content and its rewards tied to difficulty. Random skills would completly go agaisnt that imo. Maybe they do not intend this to be like that though… will be cool to see!

How many waves will be tied to each tier? Is it safe to assume the rewards will be similar to the julra pool. Mix of uniques and exalted items and other keys?

• The reference to keys is to dungeon keys (currently Lightless Arbor, Soulfire Bastion, and Temporal Sanctum)
  • Arena Champions loot is modified by the options you select while progressing through the Arena waves. For example, at the end of wave 30 you might be offered two mods, one which makes the Arena Champion drop exalted gloves, the other makes the Arena Champion drop a unique bow (These may not be the exact mods you find, just examples). There is not a secondary reward mechanic for Arena Champions as there is with dungeons (eg. Soul Gambler and Vaults of Uncertain Fate).
4 Likes

This needs to happen. Ideally on stream with Mike.

They could do as they did with the Shade of Orobyss. There would be some randomization, and they could have tiers of difficulty with some associations.

Yeah Shade is either a walk in the park or complete hell.

If the rewards are good, devs probalby want some control over at what stage of progression/power/knowladge a player gets to benefit from those rewards.

Again I am just assuming since they chose to go the Tier route, what i think is completly pointless but im bored AF haha

It’s coming down to the wire, we’ll see what happens in the hotfixes.

6 Likes

Haha, avalanche champion. You guys just couldn’t help yourselves. Boy oh boy.