Are you serious?

@lizardirl

1 Like

This would be insane to me and actual shake my faith.

The entire point of MP taking forever was forgiven because they said they would be returning to the old patch cadence.

I want druid patches, not patches of fluff that add nothing to my gaming experience…

1 Like

Kuchiyose no Jutsu

2 Likes

That is an argument often heard. It’s true that 2D/3D artists usually don’t do gameplay design or coding, but it’s also true that 2D/3D artists do environmental and general character (class) design, which the game could benefit from quite a bit at this point. So, they either work on something that makes the studio additional money (off of predatory practices), or they work on something else to improve their product in a meaningful way, that provides content/gameplay for all customers and brings the product a step closer to its promised (release) state. They can’t do both at the same time. So, I don’t think that argument of yours is valid in this context.

3 Likes

I joined early access just after it was launched, that is a very long time ago. The game looked and played totally differently. Although no date has been given for a release, the general launch window of the game has been put back on at least 2 occasions.

1 Like

You understand there’s more to the new MTX shop than just designing graphic elements, right? There’s the whole shop that had to be designed and built, for those new graphical elements to be displayed and sold in. I think those are the resources being discussed here.

The old “those aren’t the same people that do XYZ, blah blah blah” lecture is really stale.

1 Like

I aspire to write fanfiction as quality as this thread. Bravo.

2 Likes

If there is no date X it can’t be put back from day X.

The game was set to launch at the end of last year, then it was put back a few months to the first quarter of 2023, and now it’s apparently the end of 2023. Go and do your research if you don’t believe me.

1 Like

Strange the Devs said there was no release date set in stone. I think I give more about what they say then what you say :man_shrugging: .

Aron in action RPG just reminded me, when I first entered the early access. The game date of release was March 2020. Only a few years behind.

You’re thinking of multiplayer launch dates (or windows), of which there have been quite a few – the first targeted the year of 2021 in this announcement. This was followed up with several multiplayer development update blogs throughout 2021 that ended with the realization that multiplayer wasn’t coming that year and that they’d need more time, as noted in the November 2021 update.

Further multiplayer dev updates came in 2022 with the June dev update announcing that the next update would be 0.9. While no date was given at that time, everyone in the community seemed fairly confident that it would release sometime that year, which was further emboldened by this statement from Stanzwar during the Ziz multiplayer interview on September 14, 2022:

While he didn’t officially state a release date for 0.9, he did announce that they were indeed targeting that year. Obviously circumstances changed and they didn’t make that internal release window, with EHG later locking it in for March 9th, 2023 in the December dev blog.

However, as far as game release dates there’s only been a couple and those were quite some time ago. The first was April 2020 from their Kickstarter, which was then pushed back to Q4 2020 in this announcement, and finally to “when it’s ready” in this announcement.

Though not officially stated in a dev blog or announcement, Judd did mention in the in-game chat (on March 10th & 11th) that they’re aiming to release 1.0 by the end of this year. So there’s at least one more “launch window” that EHG is currently targeting for the game.

4 Likes

So your comment basically covers my first sentence. I just got Launch mixed up with Multiplayer a few times. Thank you for the clarification.

2 years ago

You can easily get AT LEAST 100 hours of enjoyment out of this game at this point. It costs 34 euro. You already got the value back honestly, cosmetic shop is here to make sure that players that are not willing to spend more money on the game can enjoy actual FREE, gameplay content. And there are a lot of people who will be very happy to support the developers and buy something from the cosmetic shop, so stop acting like you’re holding the only valid point with “Why would you spend dev time to make a cosmetic shop”, when there was a group of people explicitly asking for the cosmetic store. I also don’t understand why you call cosmetic items which do not provide any advantage a cash grab. Don’t want it? → Don’t buy it. You think it’s overpriced? → Don’t buy it. If people agree with you, they won’t buy it and the devs will have to adjust the pricing

2 Likes

Thank you for the laugh, I really needed it…

:rofl:

It has nothing to do with the shop or the prices. I’ve already said I have no problem with it after launch. It’s the point people have paid for a game that is YET to be launched. Their number one priority should be to provide the item people have paid for, not using up resources and putting things into an unfinished game to make more money.

I would bet moderate sums of Gold that it was Tencent doing the bulk of this coding and not EHG…

However, people bought it “knowing” that it wasn’t ready to launch yet but was just in EA beta, and the team has grown with many people added to do different stuff so those working on the core game are likely still the ones working that and this is done by another part of the team (which they didn’t have previously).

Just another way to look at it.

Fair points, and agreed.

1 Like