A comprehensive feedback list

Hi folks,

First of, let me say I really enjoy the game so far and am exited to see what’s coming next.

I only recently started playing and as I went on, I kept an extensive list of feedback of things I believe will improve the user friendliness of the game, so without further ado and categorized:

General

• Don’t enter game upon char creation immediately to allow for multiple chars to be created, or whatever other reason may come up for you not wanting to log in right away (real life for example).

• Monster quantity, damage and health feels a bit low during the campaign, especially at low health.

• There seems to be (no working) option for left mouse click to cover moving, attacking mobs, and destroying destructibles.

• Rename ‘change input keys’ to ‘Change keybindings’. Honestly, this feels like calling a car an automotive vehicle.

• Add an option to select an audio device, or use the one that’s currently the primary one.

• Zones tend to completely respawn when you leave them and return immediately. Give it at least a couple of minutes before this happens.

** Models **

• Many npc’s seem to experience an open mouth syndrom. Either close their mouths or make them look a bit less like gaping holes.

• There’s no need to go to the switch user screen, just log in automatically (or give an option) and go to the char selection screen immediately with an option to go to ‘switch user’

Help

Work with a tutorial system (with an option to disable it), so that when you encounter something new, in the top left of your screen you get a little window explaining the new subject. Or similarly, hide info under alt instead of showing it all the time on mouse over. Here’s an example. When you hover over potions it says:

Potion
press 1 to consume a potion to restore your health.

The health restored is equal to 50 + 4x character level (i.e 54 at level 1 and 450 at level 100).

Slain enemies have a chance to drop potions which you can pick up.

Better would be:
Health potion:

Restores X health (50 + 4x character level).

All other info could be moved into a tutorial window, or hidden under ‘alt’.

Simply put: Don’t show tooltips everywhere, just tutorial them once and add them to a codex.

Inventory

• Please move the item window of the item you hover over and comparison windows OUT of the inventory UI. It’s a nightmare trying to browse your inventory cause wherever you hover your mouse over, the pop up windows will clog your inventory and you can’t see anything. This I would say is the one thing that annoys me the most about the UI experience.

• The inventory scaling is too high (on my 4k monitor). An option to scale various UI elements would be great.

• Hovering your mouse over an item in the inventory shows too large a screen. Though again, this is on 4k. If I enable comparison the 2 resulting screens take up nearly half my screen, which makes it impossible to get an idea what’s beneath the window(s).

• There’s a red indication if you drag an item too high, which is pretty annoying as it often results in failed drag and drops. Just align the item automatically if there’s free space below.

• When you pick up an item with your mouse, the item jumps under it, moving its position slightly and disorienting your mouse - brain connection so to say.

• A weapon swap option would be great.

• Allow equipping a 2H and automatically unequipping your 1h + offhand/shield.

• Allow items to be picked up with inv screen open to be dragged directly on top of another item to replace that item

• When comparing items it would feel more natural (to me anyway) to see the moused over item left and compared item to the right instead of vice versa, which it is now. Then again, this might just be because of what I’m used to from decades of hack & slash games.

Skills

• Allow for removal of passives and skill points WHILE you allocate them and only make them final when you close the passive / skill window.

• I hear this is coming, but improve the tooltips: how much damage / healing does an ability do, with bonuses included?

• Yes, I can calculate, but… when hovering over a skill, also show what it’ll get if you level it up. So just make the skill window and its text a little smaller so it reads
    skillname
    description
    currentbonuses
    requirements
    next level
    newbonuses

Conversations

• Conversation baloons are too large (in 4k).

• Be more creative in your protagonists dialogue options. Sometimes there’s just options like ‘accept’ or ‘how?’ When accepting a quest you could also say ‘I’ll make sure your friends come back alive’, ‘I’ll take care of it’, ‘I’ll keep an eye out’, ‘He’s as good as dead’, etc. be creative!

I hope you’ll consider this as feedback as it’s only meant as such and with the hopes that this game will provide some heavy competition in the hack & slash landscape when it’s released in ‘final’ form.

2 Likes

Why would you want to create multiple characters at once?

Yeah, the campaign is very easy and I think they are intending to give it a balance pass to make it a more consistent increase in difficulty from chapter 1 to chapter 9 (when that’s released).

The “assign one of your skills to LMB” does reset whenever you change zones, but the other options (move only & destroy destructibles) work fine.

Yes! This was frustrating early on when I used to switch between the wired & wireless headphones. Also the game using whatever device you’ve selected in windows would be nice. I’d see it as there being 1 option plus 1 per however many audio devices you have to select in-game (a)windows default, b) audio device 1, c)audio device 2, etc).

This is a “technical issue” with the way they’ve done zones that will be resolved when they implement multiplayer.

When multiplayer is released there will be an option to play offline, so there will need to be a screen where you select offline or MP.

They are aware that the tutorial tooltips were a nice idea initially but once you’ve been through the game once you don’t really need them, so I’m sure they’ll do something about that.

That depends, most of the tooltips are useful, like the upcoming DPS tooltips, item tooltips, etc. The tutorial tooltips generally aren’t useful anymore.

Not sure I’ve noticed that TBH, but I’ve been playing the game for a long time.

This presents snapshotting issues for some types of skills (minions & certain long-duration buffs spring to mind), which I think is a reason for not doing it (though I kinda want it).

That & have an option to “approve” skill & passive point allocations so you can play around with them (to the extent that you start with free points to allocate), especially with the upcoming tooltip dps.

It looks decent for a tooltip, but not the kind of comprehensive data that I’d like to see.

That’s what happens when you put points into the skill tree, skills don’t get any inherent bonuses when they level up (ie, a lvl 20 skill with no points allocated will do the same damage/etc as it did when it was lvl 1), also, when adding skill/passive points, the blue numbers just increase by the same amount each level (ie, if a node says it gives +1% crit chance at lvl 1, then it’ll give 2% at lvl 2, 3% at lvl 3, etc).

1 Like

I agree and that especially happens when your character has to move to pick up the object. The labels for the items still on the ground switch around. This gets a little frustrating when you’re trying to look at the items to see what you want to consider picking up.

I strongly disagree with that. Though the world and the story are really nice and interesting, the core of the game is the gameplay and even more the gameplay in endgame activities. Endgame is very likely where we’ll spend most of our time. In that perspective, I see the campaign as a tutorial, but also sometimes a bit as an obstacle: now that I know the story, when I level a new hero, I want to reach endgame as soon as possible. For me, the campaign as a tutorial for the game should be easy, or at least should have a “very easy” mode available. This would also be nice for people who already played the campaign but want to see again the whole story.

Why would you want to create multiple characters at once?
To kind of reserve names for example

The “assign one of your skills to LMB” does reset whenever you change zones, but the other options (move only & destroy destructibles) work fine.

It does, but it doesn’t fully cover the functionality I imagine many would like in their left click behaviour.

When multiplayer is released there will be an option to play offline, so there will need to be a screen where you select offline or MP.

Good point

It looks decent for a tooltip, but not the kind of comprehensive data that I’d like to see .

An advanced option for the data you’d like to see would indeed be nice, though I wouldn’t show it by default. I added a +1 to your idea though.

Could be an issue in the future when multiplayer hits depending on how they do the character naming. Conversely, it may not be an issue if the character names are tied to the account as they are at the moment.

Such as?

Yeah, that needs to be on a different screen, in part because it’d be way too much info for a “small” tooltip.

These are definitely an issue for me too. Trying to navigate the inventory with huge popups constantly covering most of the inventory becomes a nightmare. I would love it if the pop-ups are in a static place in the middle of the screen, rather than blocking my inventory. I feel like this will get a rework. Also feel you on all UI elements being massive, I would again love to have a UI Scaling option in the gameplay or graphics menus, I would immediately set it to 50% of current, if not less. I’m not so hard of sight just yet!

Another thing that I would really like to see is an option to hide loot, and “show” loot on ground by holding, say, L Alt. Particularly later on when loot is lying all over the ground, covering a good 50% of my screen real estate, having constant popups from accidentally mousing over items, blocking enemies and hindering my ability to target close by targets easily becomes a real issue, even with stringent loot filters applied. There should be an option (like any other ARPG out there), to have a “show loot” button. Really hoping this comes on soon.

This would be amazing. It’s kind of annoying to have to manually remove points at the vendor every time as I’m trying to compare skill effects on my stat sheets. Given how complicated interactions are, between multiplicative, additive and other effects can be, I’d really like to be able to compare before I commit the points, or “confirm” them, so to speak.

Yea, I’m a min-maxer too, and being able to have a detailed breakdown instead of guestimating would be amazing. Hopefully something coming, though the new tooltips (while they look pretty) look very basic for what I would want, still.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.